• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Professor Oak Thread

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
Who said anything about summoning?

FSmash A: Pull out a clipboard, bash someone over the head with it.

FTilt A: Poke opponent in the eye with your pen

Basic A: Kick opponent in the shin

Forward B: swish labcoat in front of you, like dr. mario. Except, instead of turning people around, it gets tangled up in them, so they can get more than 4 feet away from you for 3 seconds.

Stuff like that! Yeah...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I thought we already saidin the Red topic that we dont want Pokemon trainers.
And in the Cranky Kong topic we already said we don't want old people in there.

Oak is both. Minus coolness from Cranky. Minus the lil lil lil lil bit of coolness/respect Red has. And just plain minus because he had the worst anime role ever.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Okay, I can't help but believe that most people are just making these topics now to spam. I mean, this section is literally LOADED with them, and they're getting more and more ********.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Please close this in sake of everything thats holy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
uhhh...NEGATIVE NANCIES!!!!!!!!!!!
i think he would be like red. see the RED topic....
or u could make him NOT be like red..... as seen in 3rd post.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
I hate Professor Oak and I hope he burns along with your hopes of him being in SSBB.

With that said, have a happy Memorial Day.

Professor Oak? How about Professor JOKE!!!!!! HA HA HA ha ha.. haaha.. ha...

magar

Banned via Administration
Fall said:
Professor Oak should be in SSBB what do you think?
wtf are u guys talking about. :p

Thats the best character idea i've EVER heard ;)

(talking to self), why didn't I think of that :confused:

Fall, lesson #1. Don't lesten to @$$ HOLES

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't care if he's in or not, but wouldn't that make proffersor elm, proffesor birch adn that chick proffesor jeleous :laugh:

How about he wouldn't have to summon pokemon they are just at his feet and attack people because they want to defend their friend

B - charmander does ember / bulbasaur does razor leaf / Squirtle does Water Gun
B ^ - Pidgey flys him up a bit (the pokemon on his legs automatcally are left on stage when you fall of during this time the can not be hurt

B > swishes his lab coat like office_shredder said
B V switches between which pokemon you have active Bulbsaur, Charmander, Squirtle

With special costumes you can change which pokemon you have the regular costume would have Pidgey / Charmander / Squirtle / Bulbasaur
Special costume 1 would have tododile / cyndaquil / cickorita / noctowl
Special costume 2 would have mudkip / torchic / treeko / Flygon
Special Costume 3 would have the 3 starter pokemon from diamond / pearl and a flying pokemon
Super Rare costume would have mew/mewtwo/celebi/Ho-oh

foxplayer456

Smash Apprentice
pro.oak whats wrong with u my mother would make a better character. Where do people come up with these things..... i mean prof oak c'mon think before u psot dude.

D

Deleted member

I like to see someone sticking up for those with little or no chance of appearing in SSBB.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
awful, awful idea. Absolute garbage idea... Hes a frail old man with no fighting experiance and no kind of special powers of any kind, and if your intention was for him to summon pokemon, that would be the gayest thing in history. bad idea man, bad idea.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
WindGuru said:
I like to see someone sticking up for those with little or no chance of appearing in SSBB.
I'm going to throw in a Hitler analogy for fun:

That's like saying you were rooting for fascism, anti-semitism, and all that other evil stuff lmao!!!

Jokes aside, it's not fun to see someone back a character when the idea is hated by most. I wouldn't mind having Oak in the roster at all, but that's if they add 50 other characters I want before him (Pac-man shows up 15 times in that list). It's just hard to back a character up when the majority (obviously) don't like the idea, especially when we know Sakurai and his team can't add everyone.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to throw in a Hitler analogy for fun:

That's like saying you were rooting for fascism, anti-semitism, and all that other evil stuff lmao!!!

Jokes aside, it's not fun to see someone back a character when the idea is hated by most. I wouldn't mind having Oak in the roster at all, but that's if they add 50 other characters I want before him (Pac-man shows up 15 times in that list). It's just hard to back a character up when the majority (obviously) don't like the idea, especially when we know Sakurai and his team can't add everyone.
...What's wrong with people having their unrealistic dreams, anyway? As long as they acknowledge it's unlikely, it seems like a fun enough way to pass the time if you ask me.

That said, Prof. Oak? Man. You sure do pick the far out ones.

...I mean, how would half of that moveset even work?

Though, honestly, I could see him being a very kickass AT: he shows up and summons three pokemon simultaneously for the player. Even just three starters, really.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I lol'd, sorry, but it's a terrible idea. Trainers just wouldn't suit it.
Definitely not boring ol' Oak

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
This is the best character idea ever!
Professor Oak for Top Tier!

Let's add Brock too so he can pwn ZSamus.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Oak would be a pretty cool playable character. I'd be interested to see what kind of moves they'd give him.

I still like my idea of making him an AT that throws out several Pokeballs at once better.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I think Oak would be a pretty cool playable character. I'd be interested to see what kind of moves they'd give him.

I still like my idea of making him an AT that throws out several Pokeballs at once better.
If they were to have an AT that did that, I think the generic trainer from FR/LG should do it at least.

tingo249er

Smash Cadet
You never really see Proffessor Oak battling with anybody. So I agree with Sgt.Frog that it should be a trainer. Except maybe not the one from FR or LG. Ash Ketchum deserves the spot more than anybody.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Ash Ketchum is a character from the cartoon, not the video games. Even though Ash is one of the default names you can choose in the red and blue versions, the official name for that character in the video games is Red.

Red has no real personality, and is really just supposed to represent yourself. Oak has more personality, and I think Oak is the only human who's been in all of the main Pokemon games(red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, FR, LG, diamond, and pearl).

If they were to put an AT in the game that did what I suggested, I think that they would use Oak. Technically, they could use any trainer they want and have them do the same thing. So I guess it wouldn't really make a difference.

Top Bottom