• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Online Discussion ::.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Since this is the online discussion thread, I've decided to show you this: http:/www.wiiloaded.com/wii-news-Wii-Microscope---From-a-Nintendo-employee-a-9277#

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Since this is the online discussion thread, I've decided to show you this: http:/www.wiiloaded.com/wii-news-Wii-Microscope---From-a-Nintendo-employee-a-9277#
Didn't mean to double post. For some reason, I can't link it, but just type it in. You may be in for a surprise.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info Takeshi that's really cool, I also saw on there that Nintendo announced that they won't be at Tokyo Game Show.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Thanks for the info Takeshi that's really cool, I also saw on there that Nintendo announced that they won't be at Tokyo Game Show.
Wow. The first time I've seen this news, it didn't bother me. Now, it just seems to me that their company is becoming more secretive. This could be a tease to some people.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Bump

Also I just had an idea, there should special brawl online. It would be a lot of fun to play other people in giant mode with super mushrooms only on super high.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Bump

Also I just had an idea, there should special brawl online. It would be a lot of fun to play other people in giant mode with super mushrooms only on super high.
That would be a nice idea. They may be putting that in there or have already put it in there right now.

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
Alot of people are complaining about lag and whatnot, but have a look at Mario Strikers. There is a ton going on in that game, and not once have I had a hint of lag while playing online. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with brawl.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Alot of people are complaining about lag and whatnot, but have a look at Mario Strikers. There is a ton going on in that game, and not once have I had a hint of lag while playing online. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with brawl.
There have been people that have lag problems with Mario Strikers Charged. It seems you have a good internet connection.

Revven

FrankerZ
There have been people that have lag problems with Mario Strikers Charged. It seems you have a good internet connection.
There's two reasons behind that lag they had been experiencing.

1) Server traffic. This week was PACKED with people all on the servers at the same time playing against people at the same time. Even if you had a good connection (and even if your opponent had a good connection) you always experienced some lag (maybe even a ton). This is because of the server traffic, it constantly updating the ranks of new owners of the game.

I imagine this'll happen to Brawl too in the first week if it is online (I'm sure it will be).

2) The opponent has a bad connection but you didn't wait to check if the stars would go down. That's the only other explaination as well. Some players appear to have a good connection but until you start playing you realize they really don't. And you want to DC but you can't because you'd lose points and go down ranks (AND gain a loss).

Beyond those two though, that's all that was about for lag in Strikers. I've been playing it today and yesterday with no more problems of lag (only times I've experienced it was just slight lag and the lag we had with the server traffic).

The same will happen to Brawl no matter what. So, expect lag the very first week of its release and wait until there's no lag and play it when the server traffic has gone down.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I really really, really, dont want them to implement the friend code only rule.

That would be the absolute worst thing i could ever imagine for brawl.

just speaking my mind.

Revven

FrankerZ
I really really, really, dont want them to implement the friend code only rule.

That would be the absolute worst thing i could ever imagine for brawl.

just speaking my mind.
They won't...I think the FC thing has really just been blown out of proportion. Strikers allows you to search for people to go against so I don't see why Smash wouldn't. FCs are only for people you know, so I doubt they'd make it just that. That'd be a really weak online and people would hate Nintendo for it. There would be riots, just as much as there would be if Brawl didn't have online.

Frogla

Smash Ace
I hope they do have online without a considerate amount of Lag, thats number one on my list

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
The ideal setup this game should have when talking online play is a system similar to that of Battle.net which many Blizzard games (Warcraft 3, Starcraft etc) use.

I am really hoping that this game at the very least has the ability to match players with other players randomly on the internet. It would suck if you could only vs people you knew...

Frogla

Smash Ace
Im fine with ranking or random doesnt matter but it would be sweet to do both

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
If it's as good as Metroid Hunter's multiplayer, I don't have any gripes; you can play with your friends, you have a large variety of options, and there's rankings.

If Brawl used similar functionality, it would be fine for me, because all I want to do is play my friends anyway.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
I hope you can have more than 1 account.. as in my brother wants to play but he doesn't has to use my name tag; that's something that bugs me about DS online (Don't know if that happens on Wii) especially if there's some kind of ranking or friend interactuation (sp?)

Adi

Smash Lord
I really hope they have rankings, more than anything (besides minimal lag) that is my hope for brawl.

cubican62

Smash Cadet
I hope you can have more than 1 account.. as in my brother wants to play but he doesn't has to use my name tag; that's something that bugs me about DS online (Don't know if that happens on Wii) especially if there's some kind of ranking or friend interactuation (sp?)
i can pretty much guarantee you this will happen. In melee, your name tracked your stats and and you can input multiple names. its already confirmed that there will be names in brawl and i dont see why they wouldnt track your online game stats as well.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various02.html

Adi

Smash Lord
Eww, that sucks, I was hoping that when I play online I'd be able to play people of my skill level rather than people that could be vastly inferior/superior to me.

Oh well, at least we have smashboards to find good people =0.

nuro

Smash Lord
I wonder if they will open up a new section for people looking to challenge other people on SmashBoards.
If the game does use Friend Codes I cant imagine this not happening.

Also, Tekken5 DR on the PS3 just got online play and there is very minimal lag. All those rumors talking about it being virtually impossible for the speed of data to match the frames per second or whatever that mumbojumbo was is wrong. Hearing this news makes me feel good about online.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I just had a ranking idea but some of you may not like it.

How about once a week or so you have a test kind of to see what your skill level is. A pop up says we must recheck your skill level. You say yes (or no) and you are automatically directed to a flat basic stage FD style where you fight a computer. The computer is set to a certain skill level 3, 3.6, 4.8 and so on. You battle them for five minutes. If you win you play another computer with a higher skill level depending on how bad you beat the previous computer. But if you lose to that computer you skill level is set to one point below the computer's. Like if you lost to a 6.3, your skill level is 6.2. And when playing online you play other players with a skill level on or within one point of your skill level.

Any thoughts on this? I know it's not the world's best idea but it would work fairly well. But somewhat time consuming.
I was just reading this thread when I came by this. It makes sense has some flaws, but it may work. Any thoughts on this?

nuro

Smash Lord
I hope there is NO rank system at all. There are ALWAYS flaws with ranks no matter how you put it.

Just because you are ranked number one doesnt mean you are the number one best player. What if someone was ranked 9999999 on a list but somehow they just got extremely good and in actuality they had more skill than the person ranked 1.

If you are a great player people will see your matches and be able to tell that you are a great player.

But I for one am the type of person who doesn't want to be famous or popular. I'd rather be myself.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
More online services?!?!?! DICUSSION THREAD

Sakurai revealed at the end of the wifi update that there will be furture workings for smash using wifi. This opens up a beacon of hope for those who were depressed about it. DISCUSS YOUR IDEAS HERE! Online Co-op single player? Ranking systems? Online special brawl?

SiD

Smash Master
Downloadable stages/characters?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Also, ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

SiD

Smash Master
PSSH, Wii's online is so crappy lag is gonna suck even without voice chat. Don't hold your breath, aran.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Downloadable Character FTW!

You shouldn't have problems with lag that much if you use a Nintendo brand LAN adapter with cable/DSL. Wi-Fi wireless is garbage.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
No it's not, I use Wifi on Xbox and it's great. Wii just sux at online.
Well I don't know about everyone but it made insane improvement on my connection. I play Mario strikers online no problem at all with LAN. WiFi wireless on the other hand, was awful and barely held a connection for me and if I was lucky enough to connect, it crapped out 10-30 mins later.

_X_

Smash Lord
Well I don't know about everyone but it made insane improvement on my connection. I play Mario strikers online no problem at all with LAN. WiFi wireless on the other hand, was awful and barely held a connection for me and if I was lucky enough to connect, it crapped out 10-30 mins later.
Really?

What's a "Nintendo brand LAN adapter"?

Can you like me to one?

Thanks mate. :)

Wifi Explained here: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

Top Bottom