• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Olimar Stage Discussion

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I haven't seen one of these in either the stickies or regular topics.
So.

What are the best coutnerpick stages for Olimar?

What are the worst stages for Olimar and which should be banned?

What are the best neutral stages for Olimar?

Why?

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen one of these in either the stickies or regular topics.
So.

What are the best coutnerpick stages for Olimar?

What are the worst stages for Olimar and which should be banned?

What are the best neutral stages for Olimar?

Why?
pls keep in mind these are OPINIONS. anyway, i thought the best stage for olimar would be norfair, since it had a ton of platforms and the lava would rise and it was very hard to get gimped. However, the level is now permanently banned at pretty much every tournament. So, IMO the new Olimar stage is Brinstar. It's the same concept, but you don't have as many platforms to work with.

The worst stages for Olimar are probably Rainbow Cruise, Skyworld, and Frigate Orpheon. On cruise I think the only place olimar can use his up-b is while your fighting on the pirate ship and the beginning of the match, once the map moves, I don't think he can grapple any edge until the map comes back to the ship. Skyworld, obviously is bad because opponents will just break the floors, which is very easy to do with certain characters. Once the floors are broken, all they have to do is gimp you. Frigate Orpheon I would say is the easiest out of the three. When the level is the right side up, you can grapple the edges, however when the level flips, you can't. I'm not sure if the level is timed so the level is even/uneven for EXACTLY half the time.

The best neutral stages for Olimar I'd say are Battlefield and FD. On FD there is simply nowhere for the opponent to run, just hurl pikmin at him and be patient. And my reason for battlefield being a good neutral is the three platforms. Olimar's up-tilt and u-air are just WAY too good. If you can ever keep an opponent in the air and on the platforms, you should be fine.

Top Bottom