• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ness Combo Thread

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Hi, there! This thread will be a space for Ness players to share, claim and name created combos. This thread is useful now that Ness DJC is out and many combos are gone, but many are to come.

Only proven to be possible combos will apear on this first post, along with eventual combo videos.

This thread will state how to make it, the avarage % of the enemy needed for the combo, the name of it, how much damage does it do and the creator. Iprovements on the combos are also welcome.

And please don't spam this with obvious things like "Hey, did you know that DJC is out?" and "You can do a three hit combo with A,A,A". Oh, and don't post dumb combos like "F-smash to PK Flash". I mean, post intelligent things. You don't need to post a combo that counts 29 hits on training, just a linkable combo.

One more thing: Combos that are there since the beggining of times won't be credited to anyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire Bat:
Any %.
PK Fire -> F-smash.
Since the beggining of times, simple and deadly. Does around 45% damage.

Fire Spike:
Any %.
PK Fire -> Jump -> D-air.
Since the beggining of times, one of the best edgeguarding combos ever. Does around 23% damage.

Simna's(Yet to be named)
Around 15%
DJ -> U-air -> PK Fire -> PKT2
Created by Simna ibn Sind, a damaging and powerful combo. Does around 52% damage.

Sage's(Yet to be named)
0%
DJ -> U-air -> D-air
Created by sage, easily followed by other attacks. Does around 20% damage.

SparklingXD:
0%
Jump -> F-air -> Falling F-air -> DJ -> F-air -> D-air.
Created by maskeXD, only works if you can carry the opponent out of the arena. Does
around 27% damage.

Push Back Drop:
50%
Dashing A -> Jump -> B-air
Created by Hardcorenesser. Killer or juggle starter at lower percentages.

Adamisk's:
Below 60%
F-air > Land -> F-tilt
Created by Ademisk(duh!). Awesome to approach enemies.

(You can post yours, y'know?)

PS: Can someone turn this sticky??

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
I got one that I use a lot. You know how in Ness's dash attack, there are three sparks, and each hits the opponent in a different direction? First - forward, second - up, third - back. So usually they get hit back and up because the two last sparks. So that led me to discover one of the combos I now use very often.

Dash Attack -> Jump -> Bair

I like it because it's good for KOing. I use it a lot on my bro, who plays a wicked yoshi. Eventually he caught on and just started using his mid-air jump because nothing does crap to yoshi while he's doing his mid-air jump. Many combos can come out of the dash attack, but this is my favorite :)
Btw I have not named the combo feel free to think of a name for it yourself

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
I got more combos (and again - none have been named. Feel free to name them yourself):

PK Fire -> grab -> dthrow -> fsmash

PK Fire -> grab -> bthrow ( -> opt. PK Flash edgeguard)

Grab -> uthrow -> DJ -> fair -> uair -> jump -> bair

Grab -> dthrow -> SH -> dair -> usmash

DJ -> fair -> fair -> grab (+ pummel) -> fthrow -> dash attack -> jump -> bair

Here's a risky one: PK Fire -> PKT2

PK Fire (must be somewhat close range) -> usmash -> dair (into still-burning PK Fire) -> PKT2 floorblast (leaves good recovery time if combo fails, as well)

YYG -> spike jacket -> jump off edge -> equip thunder jacket -> then, use a very precise PKT2 and ram your opponent right in the face. When I did it it looked twice as powerful and had quite a bit more knockback. I've only done it once so I don't know the exact circumstances. My PKT2 apparently was unexpected... perhaps it can be comboed into w/ PK fire or something. I don't really recommend this combo... it's risky and hard to pull off. Thought I should post it anyway. It was pretty powerful.

Those are all my most common combos (except the YYG one) and I rely on them a lot. They certainly do get the job done. I could start thinking of and testing more combos, but that will have to wait because I'm grounded. That is also why I can't find the percentage information.

(I'm not even supposed to be on the computer right now...)

P.S. Oh yeah, and there's always fsmash -> PK flash lol

Levitas

the moon
Almost none of those are combos, whatever is is by coincidence, and fire > bat is only if they screw up by not DIing out of it, weight dependant, and percent dependant.

Brawl isn't combo intensive at all, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Hardcorenesser is making crap up, because Ness's grabs don't combo at all. In fact it looks like his stuff is for melee.

EDIT: don't double post Hardcorenesser. that's what editing is for, and I know you know how to edit.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Look, my bro and I aren't some ultimate uber players that dodge every attack thrown our direction. Those comboes worked for me. Also I have a VERY n00b question to ask... How do you DJC? I've seen it in videos and everything but I can't do it myself...

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
That isn't very specific. The first jump has to be a short hop and the attack has to come right after your second jump, right? I've tried that. I saw a bunch of Ness videos and I tried but I can't. Is there any special trick or does it just depend on skill?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
the first jump can be anything. You just double tap jump and then press A. It's that simple. There's nothing special about DjC. In fact, you almost can't not do it. You'd have to wait for your entire second jump to finish up before attacking in order to not DjC.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
I got more combos (and again - none have been named. Feel free to name them yourself):

PK Fire -> grab -> dthrow -> fsmash

PK Fire -> grab -> bthrow ( -> opt. PK Flash edgeguard)

Grab -> uthrow -> DJ -> fair -> uair -> jump -> bair

Grab -> dthrow -> SH -> dair -> usmash

DJ -> fair -> fair -> grab (+ pummel) -> fthrow -> dash attack -> jump -> bair

Here's a risky one: PK Fire -> PKT2

PK Fire (must be somewhat close range) -> usmash -> dair (into still-burning PK Fire) -> PKT2 floorblast (leaves good recovery time if combo fails, as well)

YYG -> spike jacket -> jump off edge -> equip thunder jacket -> then, use a very precise PKT2 and ram your opponent right in the face. When I did it it looked twice as powerful and had quite a bit more knockback. I've only done it once so I don't know the exact circumstances. My PKT2 apparently was unexpected... perhaps it can be comboed into w/ PK fire or something. I don't really recommend this combo... it's risky and hard to pull off. Thought I should post it anyway. It was pretty powerful.

Those are all my most common combos (except the YYG one) and I rely on them a lot. They certainly do get the job done. I could start thinking of and testing more combos, but that will have to wait because I'm grounded. That is also why I can't find the percentage information.

(I'm not even supposed to be on the computer right now...)

P.S. Oh yeah, and there's always fsmash -> PK flash lol

Oh, and don't post dumb combos like "F-smash to PK Flash".
HAHAHA XD!

Oh, and these are Melee combos. Some of them aren't really combos... And there ain't YYG in Brawl... Also, those can't be proven possible... But the ones proven possible will be credited to you, don't worry.

And thanks for postin'!!!!!!! You were the first!

Thanks a lot!

Ademisk(Who switched Ness for Laharl), you got that combo.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Laharl is too good. He gave me that combo.

Also, none of those are technically combos. Combos are attacks which can be added onto the previous attack during its hitstun. These are all DIable and mostly require guessing where the opponent's going to be in order to land. They really fall under the category of 'consecutive attacks which happen to land before the opponent responds'

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Well, as I said before:

"You don't need to post a combo that counts 29 hits on training, just a linkable combo."

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Right, but they're not combos by definition. Most real combos don't get counted in training mode as consecutive hits. Ness has an infinite amount of combos under this definition, every one of his attacks can be linked to the others, if you space it and guess what your opponent's going to do properly.

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
Sounds good but i dont think ness's kicks are fast enough his bair is fast but like his dair did they make it faster it looks faster from what ive seen but it doesnt sound to possible but ill try it out so ya personally im a fan of SH (short hop) Fair-> Jump -> Fair-> Pk Fire->Dair->Nair-> and then using my ledge protection which consists of mainly Bair's and the occasional running Dair

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
I liked how these combos sounded... However, there's no proof of their possibility...

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
ya it's really hard lol to do but like they have to be at semi high damage so you can have them in the air i've gotton it to work once but nvr again it was just something amazing and i did it to bowser so ya but he's fat!!! so it made it easier i love bowser though!!!! but some of you guys should deffiently add my wii number and PM me with yours so i can add you and we can talk via wii or w/e and then when brawl hits stores we can fight!!!

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
ohhh and if ne of you didnt know ness's yo-yo can now be used as a combo linker in brawl and surpsingly his PK flash too its super fast!!!! like appearin it still moves like a sloth but does liek 40 damage lol!!!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
........there are so many things wrong with that double post I don't know where to begin. Or end. In fact, I just give up. Somebody else tell him.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
No plz tell me i want to hear whats wrong with it so how bout you tell me?
For starters, the English Language will require grief councelling and cake after those two posts.

Secondly, you're rambling with very little punctuation, not making much sense and going off-topic, and telling very general knowledge information that most of us already know (about the yo yos and stuff like that) without really contributing to this topic at all.

Just try to put a little more thought into your posts and everything will be OK. Also, try not to double post. ^_^

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
yes i know this im just trying to post things im sry... lets just drop this move on its a freaking video game nothing to get worked up about.... i know im bad with punctuation.... but i just dont do that on the internet really is all. And im sry for double posting. wont happen again

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Well, I'm just a grammar nazi, so you don't have to take me seriously.

And the double posting happened twice within a short period of time, which is why I got on your case about it. It's considered rude, and there's an edit button, so other than particular circumstances, there's almost never a reason to double post.

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
It's all good we all have a nazi side inside of us unfourunatly marth brings mine out!!!! i hate his sword with a passion the reach is keeping my short legs from him!!!!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yes. Marth is bad. But he's not unbeatable. You just have to learn how to approach him...and how to DI out of his stupid Ken combos...

Also, nice tangent.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Haha. Thank you Ademisk. I'll make more of these animations eventually.

Oh, and on the topic of Marth, this is one of the reasons why it's a good idea for Lucas and Ness to alternate. But as for a Ness vs Marth battle, the most important thing to remember is:

Get real good at powershielding. lol.

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
Ya marth is one of my main problems my friends is very good with him. But when i feel the need of beating him i'll just use my second main who is Mr. G&W or Lucas.

Top Bottom