• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 'MOTHER/EarthBound' Stage topic

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
MOTHER is my favorite series (even more than the Chrono series) , so I decided to make an official MOTHER stage topic.

----------------

Stage name: Tazmily Village
Image:

Game: MOTHER3
Summary: (From Wikipedia) Tazmily Village is the only settlement on the island during the first six chapters. Southern Tazmily contains Flint, Lucas, Claus, and Hinawa's house. The central area consists of Thomas' Bazzar, the YADO Inn, a mansion, and a couple of houses. It is the main area of the town where people can go and talk and relax. Eastern Tazmily holds a farm, another house, and Duster and Wes' home. As well as a river. Northern Tazmily is a crossroads of sorts. Usually Leda, the town watchman who literally has his "head in the clouds," is standing there ringing the bell when a problem arises. The crossroads connects the cemetery, the forest, a tunnel, and the town itself. There is also a church located near the forest entrance where players can input their name in Japanese katakana, hiragana, or Alpha-Numerical characters.

-------------
Stage name: Cave of the Past/Giygas' Lair
Image: Cave of the past
Giygas' Lair
Game: MOTHER2/EarthBound
Summary: This is where Giygas, an evil alien, resides. The Cave of the Past has narrow strips of ground, and is surrounded by abysses. It is almost completely silver/grey. Giygas' Lair which immediately follows CotP, has intestine-like flooring, and a black abyss below it. Giygas could fly around in the background and attack occasionally.
---------------
[OFFICIAL STAGE!]
Stage name: New Pork City
Image:

Game: MOTHER3/Super Smash Bros Brawl
Summary: This is where the leader of the Pig Army, Porky, is. This city is Porky's amusement park. his name was mistranslated in EarthBound as "Pokey." I don't blame em', though. It reads "Pookii."

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I was thinking it would be right in front of Thomas' Bazaar, giving you a nice view of the whole town and Yokuba could occasionally shock random places or throw a banana peel?

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I've been thinking of a Giygas stage for a while, and I think it's an awesome idea. You could fight on Giygas, and he could sent out brain waves (or whatever waves he uses) along with creepy dialouge like "It...feels...good...".

Zeela12

Smash Ace

The most famous stage for Mother series:

MAGICANT

there's absolutely not a more original setting in the whole series. Magicant is the best candidate for it, but sadly it won't happen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The most famous stage for Mother series:

MAGICANT

there's absolutely not a more original setting in the whole series. Magicant is the best candidate for it, but sadly it won't happen.

Oh sure, but when I suggest Magicant NO ONE cares

Shadoshi

Smash Rookie
Dude, I've been thinking of a Giygas stage for a while, and I think it's an awesome idea. You could fight on Giygas, and he could sent out brain waves (or whatever waves he uses) along with creepy dialouge like "It...feels...good...".
That would be genius and creepy beyond belief.

Johivin

Smash Rookie
I would think there will be one more Mother/Earthbound series stage. It seems logical as most series had at least 2 stages in Melee.

Anyone else also think that we'll be seeing a Mother 3 release due to the Brawl stage/character from Mother 3? Kind of like what they did with Fire Emblem & Marth/Roy

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
I would love to see another Mother/Earthbound related stage, but the idea I loved most was the Giygas-related level. I've been wanting one since Melee, and now with Brawl on the horizon, I'm feeling lucky. There's a lot of things you can do with a Giygas level, so I'm hoping that becomes reality.

SkipSandwich

Smash Rookie
Saturn Valley could have all kinds of fun going on. Caves, ladders, slippery hut roofs...
Inside one of the Threed circus tents would be cool too. Boogey Tent's face could appear on the walls as a hazard, there could be Zombie paper spread out in various parts...

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
I just beat earthbound for the first time about a month ago, and I have to say that it was quite good. Hope for some earthbound content in ssbb, as far as music goes dont know the exact name but the polestar preschool theme would rock

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
I hope you can turn off the Ultimate Chimera in options, then New Pork City will be perfect

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
I like the stage hazards but the option to turn them off would be kinda refreshing., although the chimaira is what makes the stage for me.

Top Bottom