• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Diddy Media Thread

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
This will be the thread to which all the existing and new footage of Diddy comes in. I will be constantly updating this as new stuff comes in. As I explain in the 1st vid descriptiong, right now I'm going to start with just posting vid links, not picture. 1: Because there are 1 or 2 vids on YT that contain all the screens already, and 2: The all come from the Dojo which you have more than not likely seeen already. I may change my mind in the future, though, we'll see. I also decided for the moment to not include every bit of footage there is, as there is a quite a bit, but mostly because a lot of it is completely useless. Even out of the few I'm going to start off with atm, there are only 1 or 2 that have anything exciting that you might be seeing for the 1st time. If there's some good footage that you think I've left out, post it here or send it to me some how and I'll see if it's worth posting. Again, this isn't all I'm goign to put up. So don't send me a bunch of links for at least till tomorrow, cuz chances are it might be up before then. Thanks...

All Diddy screens - This is a vid that shows all of the screen shots that are contained in Diddy's profile/moveset up to this day, that I can tell. Because of this, I'm not going to display any of them here, as it would be a waste of space IMO. If there are any screens that some1 knows of that aren't in this vid, lemme know and I'll put them up.

Diddy FS - Also from the 1st demo release. This is probably the best display of his FS you will see. All in all, as I've said, I don't think his FS will be one of the better ones. The peanuts can be avoided by simply hiding under a platform. Hitting them with the rocket pack does do considerable dmg and knockback (somewhere b/t 25-35 dmg it looks like), but it's considerably hard to control and easy to dodge.

DK vs Diddy vs Sonic vs Samus FFA - Of all the mathces, this one is probably the most useless. None of Diddy's moves are even remotely showcased here. I honestly can't find 1 single useful thing to point out in the video. Not to mention Poke'Stad turns into the wind transformation 1/2 way through, which you can see completely ruined the stage and is extremely aggrivating to me, personally.

Diddy vs Mario - Again, not a good Diddy showcase unfortunately. Only thing I guess worth pointing out that you can see the full range of the peanut gun at the beginning. Other than that, a few non-Diddy things shown: Mario's FS, the fireworks gun, curry, and the Saki Amamiya AT, all of which are pretty ****.

Diddy vs Metaknight vs Pikachu vs Sonic - FFA on Norfair. Still not a good Diddy match, but a good demo of a few of his specials. You'll notice him as so as the match starts run off the edge and catch it (dubbed edge hugging by Hugz). You see the peant gun used a few times right after, and also his overB at :08, where he cancels it into a sex kick, which you do by simply hitting A. You'll also notice he catches the platform while kicking, displaying Brawl's new auto-hog reverse edge grabbing mechanics. Crazy stuff. I think this is going to play an integral part in platformed stages such as this. One more thing that's new to me: At :21 you'll see Diddy do his downB and toss a banana onto the inner right platform. Then at :32 he slips on it. I guess I was wrong then; he CAN slip on his own banana peels! Doesn't do any dmg, but it does knock you down on your arse, but only for a second. Sorry for any1 I misinformed. Towards the end you'll see his upB quite a few times, all uncharged. I see his upB being used as a vert combo finisher a lot. [Uair, uair, upB] A few more overB's turned into nairs. 2 other things you might not've seen before: Andross at :30 and one of those dumb new Pokemon that walks around w/some aura around her. (Is it a her?) New Poke'mon suck. Anyways, that's it. Some interesting stuff...

Diddy vs Metaknight - One of Cheeseman's recorded matches. Not a full match, and nothing too great here either. There is even more curry rapage, which is blatantly more noticeable. Only noteable item from Diddy IMO is right at the end you can see the range of his upB. Mind you, this isn't fully charged, and I don't want to speculate, but if I had to I'd say that's about 1/2 the distance of it fully charged. I told you guys; massive reach.

Diddy vs Samus - From the 1st Brawl demo release in SD?, the Nintendo guy breaks down some of the mechanics. Obviously not a good match vid. Only section of note is at 2:00 where Diddy does a series of attacks, just so you can see/get a feel as to how quick a lot of his moves are. Also, Samus' FS is shown (and wasted), but most everyone knows what it looks like by now.

Nick -Me- (Diddy) vs Lucky (Sonic) E4All MM! - Money Match of Me vs Lucky @ E 4 All. Highest Brawl MM to this date ($2 ^_^) Obviously, the best Diddy vid there is so far. :lick: Anyways. the Nintendo chick took Gimpy's camera away from him so that's why the camera-work sucks and is far away. Anyways, there's a few good things to point out, obviously...
Play by Play action: Starts off awesome, w/the Nintendo girl telling us to scoot in cuz apparently they can only record if the players are visible in the video as well. (Idk man, I just play the game, leave me alone.) So at :21 I miss a sh'd bair. At :24 I out-prioritize Sonic's fair w/my own, followed by a dashed grab, bthrow after blocking Sonic's Dsmash. (note the speed and power of Diddy's throws. This is why I think they're going to be an extremely vital part of his game.) Some DD mindgames (tech skill!), then a full hopped bair at :31, then a DD into fthrow. I get hit w/an Uair then the Nin chick turns towards Gimpy for a second after hearing him tell Lucky to "get me!" Gimpy's a handsome man. I think I hit a Fair or something at :41 then a sh Bair right after. Full jump Fair at :45, a missed Fsmash at :47 then a whiffed running atk right after. Dsmash at :50 then Usmash at :53. I go to intercept w/an Uair but Sonic stuffs it w/a Fair. Ledge-hopped Fair at 1:01. I get hit w/something (Fsmash?), then a Fair at 1:06. I throw a Poke'ball at him, I think, at 1:09, which hits Sonic's spring, obviously not doing anything, then edge gaurd w/a running atk into intercepting Bair. I block Sonic's Nair at 1:18 then bthrow for the stock. Sonic hits w/an Uair at 1:25 but then I holler back w/an overB grab, followed by another b/c the he broke out of the 1st one before I could spring off. I can't tell how much dmg it does. Looks like either a 6 or an 8 to me. (Shouts off "rabies" from Neal) Dair spike at 1:33, then a falling Uair. I can't tell what the next atk is at 1:36, think it's a Usmash that he just DI'd downward. I shield grab his rising atk and bthrow, then go for a Fair but get stuffed by Sonic's Nair again. (Good move. Pichu, anyone?) Then comes the best part of the vid; I get off a Fair before I land, followed by a running atk into an Uair, then a Fair, which gets ledge cancelled, finished by another Fair. (4 hit combo!) Right after, at 1:50 Sonic does his Dair, which is the diving kick, thn you see Sonic's Fair in full use. I block the first 3 or 4 hits (not sure how many times it hits) but eat the last one, which is the one that produces knockback. Recovering, you see I catch the ledge w/overB, then miss a ledge-hopped Fair, followed by a good Demo of Sonic's awesome DD capabilities, and his running atk, I believe. I miss an overB attempt, then hit an Usmash. I miss two Uairs I think (notice how little landing lag there is on the Uair. Very nice!) and we both miss another aerial. I whiff two grabs then roll into Sonic's Dsmash, I believe. I overB to catch the ledge again, then ledge atk through Sonic's Fsmash. I run into his rising atk, then time runs out. Even the Nin chick says "Woooow", or something like that, Lmao. Lucky yelled for a re-match, which never happened, but we know what would've happened.

Good **** to Lucky, maybe next time, bro. ;) Diddy for top tier. That is all. More videos to come. Out...

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
i wanna see your match im wonderin how some of the moves i havent seen look like

Percon

Smash Lord
You just made this topic to promote you kicking that Sonic's ***. :p

I kid. Anyway, cool stuff, especially your match. I couldn't tell which way you were facing in the air, though - what was that attack you kept hitting him with? Fair or Bair?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Great vids. Cant wait to lay Diddy..bah...well, only 41 more days...

Top Bottom