• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Bananas and Pajamas Character Thread

Erave

Smash Cadet

With many rumors that the Ice Climbers are going to be booted from SSBB I have come up with a replacement. I feel these characters are interesting, unique, and fit the bill for duo attack.

General Attributes:

Bananas in Pajamas (Further referred as BiP) will be of medium speed.
BiP will have one of the highest jumps in the game.
BiP will possess medium strength and fast exectution of special moves.
BiP will surprise many with having the games most POWERFUL de-synced forward smash! Double the trouble!

Move Set:

Neutral air: Luigi-ish foot attack
Back air: Reveres foot attack
Down air:
Foward air:
The other BiP squeezes his partners flesh to shoot banana fluid in your eye. 56% damage.
Up air: Drill kick similar to Samus, except... double the trouble!

A: Standard jab. HAHA You got banana in your face!
Up A: One BiP squeezes the others body and the banana flies out of the clothes in an aerial attack.
Down A: Low kick.

Up B: One BiP launches the other in the air, using his hand to launch the other high off his foot.
Side B: BiPs grab hands and swing each other around like tops.
Down B: Leg split similar to Fox and Falco.
B: Laser out of eyes.

Up Smash: Double head butt.
Forward Smash: Banana Punch. Similar to Falcon Punch but takes .2 seconds and never misses. Instant kill.
Down Smash: Walking down the stairs. Instant kill if used on sweetspot. Think Rest.

Final Smash:

The Banana Split

One of the BiP sacrifices the other by ripping chunks of his body and stuffing them down an opponent's throat. Don't worry though. The BiP will be fine after you lose your next stock.

Taunt:

The BiPs bust out their theme song. While singing, you get a brief invincibility to be able to complete the process. Great for !+!+! mInDgAmEs!+!+!

Bananas in pajamas are coming down the stairs,
Bananas in pajamas are coming down in pairs,
Bananas in pajamas are chasing teddy bears,
'Cos on Tuesdays they all try to catch them unawares!

More Pictures:

Stage Ideas:

The stair-case:
Teddy Bears will jump out of stage to cause hassle. The whole house toys will be alive ready to cause trouble and damage.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm glad you made an "official" one...not to be confused with all of the "unofficial" Bananas in Pajamas threads around here...

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Can't believe a BiP thread hasn't already been made. They was on Sakurai's poll weren't they? But your moveset makes them a little too powerful don't you think?

Erave

Smash Cadet
Can't believe a BiP thread hasn't already been made. They was on Sakurai's poll weren't they? But your moveset makes them a little too powerful don't you think?
Dude, just think about it. Wouldn't it just incredible to have a goofy as hell character absolutely own EVERYONE. Think about it.

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
I used to watch them when I was little it would be weird watching them shoot lasers out of their eye and choking someone to death.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is not to be taken seriously, is it?

Because there's no way they would ever get in. XD

The thought amuses me, though.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I do not like bananas or pajamas. But I like Bananas in Pajamas.

HotDogs

Smash Rookie
They are from Super Smash Bros Brawl, now....

Sakurai pretty much told me on the phone the other day that BiP are in Brawl.

Erave

Smash Cadet
They are from Super Smash Bros Brawl, now....

Sakurai pretty much told me on the phone the other day that BiP are in Brawl.
Actually my brother's friend's brother's uncle's girlfriend's father works at Hal. And it's been comfirmed. Bananas and Pajamas are in.

Teto

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Erave's brother's uncle's girlfriend's father. This week at HAL we confirmed a bunch of new characters, including Curious George, the Man in the Yellow Hat, and of course, the most highly anticipated Bannanas in Pajamas. The laser eye beams are actually a well-hidden power that the BiP posses in real life. If you play the original tapes backwards, upside down, and under fine-tuned magnification, it kind of looks like they're shooting lasers from thier eyes.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Dude, just think about it. Wouldn't it just incredible to have a goofy as hell character absolutely own EVERYONE. Think about it.
-Don't want to think about it too long.
-Nope, I don't like the random character though, and the none balance thing.
-Still nope.

NukeA6

Smash Master
They can't be in Brawl. They will screw the balance of the game since they are incredibly cheap.

They could be ATs but they would clobber everyone until the words GAME SET appear.

I they should be stage hazards just to be fair.

Teto

Smash Rookie
The game is also going to feature a clone model of the duo, Zucchinis in Bikinis.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
This is so stupidly funny I can't even be angry at it.

I think Erave just won the internet. Or at least a couple plates of e-cookies.

Bananas in Paja.... gah, I can't even say it without laughing. XD

Wiseguy said:
Wow. I had no idea so many Smashboards posters were born without a sense of humor....
I know, really? Some people just need to lighten up. XP

Erave

Smash Cadet
Hey, guys. How come BiPs couldn't be in the game? Haven't you ever watched the show? These guys are incredible. True American Heroes. I would be so disapointed if they weren't in. But if they are in, mark my words. I would dedicate my life. I would drop out of school. To become the best BiPs player EVER. I would be the forefather of all their advanced tricks. I would win every tournament to put them in the GOD Tier. I would be the best.

HotDogs

Smash Rookie
Man, since they pushed back the release date people have lost so much zeal for BiP. I'm only buying the game if they are in. Erave is probably a n00b, so someone needs to show the world how to unleash the God tier potential of BiP.

Top Bottom