• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offensive vs Defensive Matchups

-Opera-

Smash Rookie
Hows it going everybody? I hope you all have had/are having a wonderful day!

I'm interested in which MUs I should play aggressive or defensive. Granted, I'm sure this is partially dependent upon the other person's playstyle, and I should always adapt, and pay focus to what they are doing. But I've been thinking that maybe this is more black and white than that, and that one style of play would have more advantages than the other.

Or should I simply develop my own playstyle, which could fall into: Very aggressive, defensive, somewhere in-between.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Like you said, it's all about playstyle. Alternatively there are certain situations/match-ups in which you may need to be more defensive.
I'd like to think the most optimal is a mix of both. Being defensive in the neutral and forcing an opening with strong spacing and laser game while pushing my punishes as far as possible and taking necessary risks to stay hard to read.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Well, I would say that Fox is an aggresive(offensive MU), and maybe peach/puff(defensive). I don't know much with floaties for falco, since almost nobody in my area plays puff or peach. :upsidedown:

Top Bottom