• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offensive Up Special?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well i don't know if anyone has ever used this, or posted this already, but i found a pretty good way to use diddy's up b on the stage offensively...kinda. I've been working on some kinks though. Sometimes when my oponent is hanging from the edge and tries to come back up with an attack or a Fair i sometimes use Diddy's special so when they hit me the barrels come off. It often works for me and kills and it is pretty unsuspecting, but 2 problems i have with it.
1. If the oponent doesn't attack you are left defenseless, when this happens for me i try to shoot to the other side and grab the edge.
2. I think there might be a way to hit it 100% all the time but idk yet. So sometimes they won't hit.

I'm not sure if it matters with damage percent or character but every single time i tried it with pit atacking at 0% it hit every single time out of 10 times and same with mario but when i got to captain falcon it didn't work.

Has anyone found anything like this, and i'm just bringing old news?

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
so.... wait are you saying that if the opponent hanging off the edge, while Diddys the one edgeguarding while using his Up + B. Which would mean if he hits Diddy the barrel would hit the opponent? Hmm if thats what your trying to say than it sounds like a pretty cool idea i should try it for edgeguarding =D

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah thats the idea, but the problem is hitting 100% of time because like i said i did with pit 10/10 times at 0% damage, but when things got higher it wouldn't hit. But i've done it before well a couple of time actally at 100+ damage, if you do it like how i'm doing it, it will explode imediately when the oponent attacks.

hmmm...maybe it has do with the placement of where diddy is standing on the edge

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
I already posted this, under the thread "Diddy Counter."

The enemy attack has to somewhat powerful to knock off the barrels, and powerful enough to cause the barrels to immediately explode in their face. any smash attacks work, i haven't experimented with enemies climbing back onto the ledge.

So it is the placement, not the percentage. You just want the enemy to
1 knock off the barrels
2 immediately explode the barrels

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Well if that trick of yours doesnt work out for any reason. Then you always got your self a back up plan. I pretty much reverse glide toss the bananas or sometimes I Nair if my opponent jumps instead.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well i usually short hop fair if they do either, but the thing with the rockets is that they can kill and if you master it it will help a lot more than trying to land a smash

Player-1

Smash Legend
That is why i RARELY use it, I'll use it once or twice out of me versing the same person a couple of time just so i can kill them

Top Bottom