• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd Problem.

Patinator

Smash Champion
So several months ago I got a new laptop... COMPAQ, with Microsoft Vista. Hopefully, none of that's a problem.

Here's my situation.

When I'm browsing the internet, sometimes a page stops loading; I'll use SWF as an example. So, I refresh, stop and refresh, or just close the page/tab.

And then, something really freaky happens.

As if I continuously press control+n, windows of whatever page I was viewing begin popping up for no reason; they appear going in a circle, and closing them does nothing!

This has happened several times. The only way to stop it is by shutting down my laptop. It doesn't seem harmful, but it's annoying in a house with no HUB. :(

Has anyone else experienced this crazy stuff? Does anyone have a way to get rid of it? If not, I'll just have to endure...

Lazlo Falconi

Smash Cadet
Have you noticed any pattern of when it's happening? Typically if a website is reopening itself, it's a malacious code that's doing this to you, not your computer. Also, what browser are you using?

InfamousLegato

Smash Cadet
By SWF do you mean Shockwave Flash?

Make sure all your internet browser's plugins are up to date. This includes javascript, shockwave, and any other scripts that might be required.

Ctrl-n opens up new internet browser windows.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by they go in a circle though... could use more detail there.

My ideas...

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking your web browser
Make sure your plugins are up to date
Make sure your wifi connection is configured correctly

Top Bottom