• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd and Pointless Glitch

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
Hey, any chance this is related to an edgehop? Search for the topic: Gale Boomerang at final destination, it might be the same thing, i dunno

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, a ledgehop is just like that. And don't mind the topics name, I discovered later that it could be done at any stage. It might not be the same thing, but the same mechanics are involved for sure, as the same thing happen, the boomerang does not stop going foward even if it hits the stage.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, i don't know for sure, but i guess that the game understands that you're not going to be able to catch the boomerang and it continues the way it was headed. but instead of going back and disappearing, it goes the opposite way

Izaw

Smash Ace
If you throw the Gale Boomerang at the edge of a stage-- and I mean ON the corner-- it will go though the stage and keep going. Having this happen to me three times trying to Gale Guard, I'm wondering:

what causes this?
To Gale Guard you have to throw the boomerang at the edge, BUT if your too close to the edge and throw the boomerang it will go through the stage and fail :p. You have to keep your distance.

So yea.. that what's causing this. Your too close to the edge when throwing :p.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, but it still doesn't explains why it goes on during the edgehop, as it does not hit the ledge.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
The Gale boomerang houses the Fairy of winds, so it has a mind of its own. It flies away and magically comes back

It happens to me on the practice stage and its probably just a normal glitch

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
My guess is that if your too close to the edge the boomerang spawns "inside" the edge. This is totally a guess since all i can discern thus far is that it is caused because u release too close to the edge.

Think of it like this, when link throws his GB it begins its flight one of arm length from link when it is released from his hand. If link's hand touches the edge, then the GB appears on the other side since it was released there. And i'm guessing it goes through simply because game mechanics already allow it to do so regularly when it returns. This case is just odd because its doing its attack phase instead of its return phase.

Top Bottom