• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 12th= pokemon reveal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Pokemon is just too huge of a Nintendo franchise not to coincide with a character reveal in October (or shall we say, a week from now?) It looks like all possible candidates have their reasons for getting the spot.

My money is on Jigglypuff. I will be pretty pissed if this order isn't correct as Luigi has been revealed early and Melee had Captain Falcon and Ness as starters. This is assuming that Luigi and Toon Link will be starters now. It is 1 of the 12 perfect attendees appearing in all games since 64. It will probably also demonstrate some Fairy-type moves we'll see in X & Y.

I think Pokemon Trainer is fine how he is and should remain in Kanto incarnation. All 3 of those starters are just too iconic and having to catch up with each new set of starters game after game sound monotonous and laggy. Not to mention, that 4 part Pokemon Origins special gives him some spotlight (On a slightly unrelated note, I might actually be interested in watching the Pokemon anime for once!)

I'd prefer any Lucarios or Mewtwos or Zoroarks or what have you be revealed closer to the final release and preferably unlockable. Smash 4 doesn't need a rejected Melee vet to carry on its hype and public awareness either, so why would that even be a thing?

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
I'm pretty sure Jigglypuff will be announced and Mewtwo will be unlockable. Or maybe they could both be released in the same week. However, PKMN Trainer could also be revealed but with newer pokemon. Personally, I don't see Lucario being revealed, but I see him being an unlockable character this time.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The whole "next gen psychic movie Pokemon" dilemma is getting annoying to deal with. It's like the FE lord debacle. Wait, it actually is the same deal! I mean, Mewtwo and Lucario both have their Mega Evolutions (Mewtwo having two and a movie appearance, in fact) and we don't exactly know how important their roles will be in X & Y. If Mewtwo wasn't so well received in Melee would we still be talking about it?

Further down the line, or even sooner, does anyone have any "obscure" Pokemon who they think would be deserving of a Smash spot? I'm not thinking like Pikachu or any legendaries here. I think Jigglypuff fits this bar perfectly. Nothing particularly important about Jigglypuff when you think about it. Although it was really popular for its gen during Smash 64.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think PT is the safest place to put your money. It's technically 3 characters at once anyway, so it's a win-win.

I'd be perfectly happy with Lucario, or if he's feeling generous, Mewtwo.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Everyone is arguing whether Mewtwo or Lucario will replace each other...

.... And I'm just sitting here wanting scizor to be a playable character!

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
I think it'll be Jigglypuff, Lucario or Mega Mewtwo X (Having mewtwo wouldn't be entirely new, Mega Mewtwo Y might be more of the same too. Give me some psychic-fighting power). Not leaving PT trainer out, but he can wait. Would not exactly like Red again, but with pokémon origins he gets a spotlight again later. Would really like May from S/R/E, but she isn't important right now. :(
Also, for a date, I'd say 9th, 10th, or to be late, 11th. A N. Direct should happen to showcase pokémon, not a new Smash character. Not only a saturday would be a weird day for a Direct, but if they did it the saturday, everyone would be playing pokémon, not watching its Direct. Thursday 10th is perfect for me.

I mostly want Mewtwo X and/or Lucario. Jigglypuff is great and even one of my mains, but she isn't too relevant right now. There's always the fairy moveset possibility, but nostalgia out, I really wouldn't mind if she gets replaced by other pokémon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am guessing Pokemon Trainer will be revealed in October with the same pokemon. The new game allows the player to pick one of the original starters and offers MegaEvolutions for each. Makes sense they would be revealed.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I think that we can all agree that some Pokemon is getting revealed around two weeks from now and every Pokemon rep beside Pichu have good reason to be shown. While I personally want it to be Mewtwo, and told all my friends that October 11th Mewtwo will be confirmed, I don't care who it is. I'm actually more hyped for the Pokemon related reveal coming up than the actual game (Although that'll probably change once I get the gaame).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If Jiggles McPuff gets the axe, I will be sad. Also, one of her alternate color costumes should be a dragonslayer helmet. =p It could be modeled after, but not exactly like, the iron helmet from skyrim for the lol-factor.
oh shes a no brainer at this point don't worry about it

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
People defending Jiggs with Tink's confirmation are missing the point that W.W. HD is coming to Wii U. If it wasn't, odds are Tink would of been axed. Jigglypuff just isn't as popular or relevant as Toon Link, no matter what others what you to believe.

INB4 Fairy-Type

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I highly doubt Toon Link was planned as soon as WW HD was even starting development (which I believe was sometime after Kid Icarus Uprising was finished and work on Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS even started). He could have been made a higher priority because of it but I'm fairly certain he was already planned to return when development on the two Smash Bros games started. WW HD only encouraged them to reveal him earlier than he probably should have been.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I doubt Toon Link was planned as soon as WW HD was even starting development (which I believe was sometime after Kid Icarus Uprising was finished and work on Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS even started). He could have been made a higher priority because of it but I'm fairly certain he was already planned to return when development on the two Smash Bros games started. WW HD only encouraged them to reveal him earlier than he probably should have been.
A character roster isn't created at the start of a development. They have to go through a process in which decides who gets in and who doesn't.

It's correct that W.W. HD mat not of made an influence, but they wouldn't recreate it if it wasn't popular, which is the main point that I'm making. I mean, it's not like Firered and leafgreen were made because of Jigglypuff.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I know they plan from the beginning of who they want to include into the games before they start on developing the games. I though I made that clear by saying that he was already planned to return once the development of the games themselves started.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it will have to be pk trainer or jigglypuff I hope mewtwo but it seems newcomers are not getting revealed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
it will have to be pk trainer or jigglypuff I hope mewtwo but it seems newcomers are not getting revealed.
Why are people always assuming newcomers will not be revealed not till near the release date. It just takes a little bit due too trailers for newcomers. As a matter of fact by the amount of time gone by there might be a trailer is pretty close to be ready and plus i could be because of more newcomers are unlockable than starters

I hope pokemon trainer is cut just rather have the pokemon all be their own characters.
I would love for that to happen too but its just way to likely for him to come back at this point

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not to mention that Mewtwo technically.... isn't even a newcomer...

I don't even get why people call him a newcomer anyway....

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just don't know, it's like calling Waluigi and Toadette newcomers in Mario Kart 8 just because they were absent in Mario Kart 7 but oh well. I'd prefer calling him a returner or something like that. I guess that's just me then.

Pseudo-Newcomer could work though I guess.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I think in the case of Mewtwo and the other cut Melee characters, it's because they were cut from the roster in the transition to Brawl. So their inclusion in Smash 4 would generate more conversation than a returning Brawl character.

Also consider that Melee's release was almost twelve years ago. Any assets from Melee (if any still exist) would be extremely outdated and unusable for porting purposes. Mewtwo would have to essentially be recreated from scratch, which would take as much time if not more than a newcomer would.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm interested to see if Sakurai just wants to mess with us again.. Instead of the usual suspects (Trainer, Mewtwo, Jiggs & Lucrative), we end up getting a completely random ass character like Kecleon

Or... How amazing would it be if it was a second Pokemon Trainer, but not May or Serena or something... Why not GARY ****ING OAK?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm doubting they'd unveil Mewtwo so early if he is indeed in the game. Lucario, Pokemon Trainer or Jigglypuff will be the next Pokemon series characters to be revealed.

Pokemon Trainer retaining the Kanto starters (they do return in XY as secondary starters and frankly, are originals). Lucario is still helluva popular in Japan and I can see him making a return as a whole. He's in almost every Pokemon Smash show, recently appears frequently in trailers for Pokemon XY and even the tease for that new Wii U game- yeah, he's still got fans and I'd miss him if he were removed. Those predicting Zoroark to replace them aren't aware that Zoaroark hasn't reached the same level of popularity of Lucario and has sustained it for such a long time. Zorua is more popular, even.

And Jigglypuff, which I honestly think has the best chance to be revealed of the 3 in October. It's just Jigglypuff.

Either way, I guess we can all agree a Pokemon will be revealed and it'll be one of those 3. Not a newcomer. And October brings in a new rep for Pokemon, well, obviously I wouldn't mind that either :p

I hope Mewtwo returns and hope for a new Pokemon rep. Always wanted to see Blaziken in Smash Bros.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now, imagine if Dedenne replaced pichu.

If they could make him/her fun to play without Pichu's glaring weaknesses I'd be all over that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They've finally decided that Mega Blaziken was cooler than Lucario or Mega Lucario and replaced him

Yep, that's going to happen

C.ock fighting in Smash

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
To summarize this topic, almost everyone agrees there is probably going to be a Pokemon character shown in the near future, but no one has any clue who it will be.

Morbi

Scavenger
To summarize this topic, almost everyone agrees there is probably going to be a Pokemon character shown in the near future, but no one has any clue who it will be.
Yes. It is a difficult topic, every Pokemon veteran aside from Pichu has some merit. Every Pokemon veteran has some relevance. So it is just a subjective mess. It could honestly be either of the four. There is no evidence to suggest any one Pokemon over another. Just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom