• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 4, 2014] $mike presents - GAMET1ME Melee: Stomp the Yard (Clemmons, NC)

$mike

Smash Ace
$mike Presents - GAMET1ME Melee: Stomp the Yard
PRE-REGISTRATION LINK: http://bit.ly/1wfwN2U

10-4-14

Introduction

GAMET1ME is a new pro gaming & tournament center located in Clemmons, NC, a village located right next to Winston-Salem, NC. The venue owner is extremely interested in showcasing and providing a space for gaming communities in order to show off the positive power of gaming and build a community of competitive gamers. This venue was made for competitive gaming tournaments and this will be one of the first North Carolina Melee tournaments in a while that utilizes such a venue. This isn't an opportunity to miss.

Some things about the venue:

- We will have one side of the venue to ourselves. Most of their floor space is devoted to walls of LCD setups for Call of Duty, etc. However, there is a long wall to the right of the venue with ample table setups and floor room for us to have at least 10 setups going, probably more. There is also a smaller separate room directly next to that area that we will also be able to use, which we can have about 5 setups in.
- The venue and I will be providing 8+ CRTs.
- They offer a variety of sandwiches (cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, etc) and drinks (note: no outside food or drink allowed inside the venue) for low prices.
- Many other food options available nearby
- Air conditioning
- Party lighting after 6pm and music played through a soundsystem

Events, Fees, & Ruleset
Venue fee: $6 (plus tax)

Melee doubles: $10 per team

Melee singles: $10

Melee ruleset:

4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1221″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Schedule
11:00am-12:45pm - Registration
1:00pm-3:00pm - Melee doubles tournament bracket
3:00pm-3:45pm - Food break
4:00pm-7:00pm - Melee singles tournament bracket

*note: schedule is tentative and subject to change depending on attendance

Payouts
If there are less than 32 entrants to an event:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

If there are more than 32 entrants to an event, but less than 64.
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

Miscellaneous

- Please arrive on time. It's very important that we get started on time so that we can get finished as soon as possible. Crew battles/squads may very well happen if we finish at a good time.
- I will DQ you if you aren't on time or go MIA while you have matches to play. Contact me if you know you will be late and I'll see what I can do about it. If you need to leave during the bracket for something let me know.
- This is a gaming venue that hosts regular events and has a consistent inflow of people throughout the day, especially on Saturdays. Be aware that we will be sharing this space with other gamers and be respectful.
- This tournament will require setups. Everyone is encouraged to bring a full Melee setup (CRT TV, Gamecube/Wii w/ Melee). Those who bring full setups will receive $2 off their venue fee. Get $1 with just a Gamecube/Wii and Melee.
- Please pre-register if you plan on coming. This is going to help a lot with getting everything started smoothly.

Questions?

Post them here or PM me.
Venue: (336) 831-5205, ask for Ace

Last edited:
Top Bottom