• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct. 25, 2014] Revival of Melee Club!? Melee & Project M Doubles - 1st Edition! (Longview TX)

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester

Tournaments are organized by Tha Jakester
Contact cell: 903-331-9323

Introduction:
Could it be? The long dead, the long forgotten, the old high school club that was the best of them all!?...Has it truly returned?

...While Melee Club had it’s day at Longview High School in little ole Longview, Texas; that is a chapter that I along with many others, sadly, had to leave behind…however...even with the club long gone now...THE SPIRIT LIVES ON...and now it has been REVIVED. It has been a while since I have hosted tournaments…it feels so good to be back :’D Whether you decide to compete in the tournament, or if you would rather just play friendly games or “friendlies,” by all means come on by!

...Now some may ask...will this become a series? Revival of Melee Club!? Will it TRULY be REVIVED!? Only time will tell. Just gotta wait and see.

Important Information:
Along with Melee returning to Longview, now Project M is rising into fruition! Expect both Melee and Project M singles events to happen on Saturday, October 11th, whereas Melee and Project M doubles events will be held on Saturday, October 25th!

Events Calendar:
10/11-
Melee & Project M singles (fb event link!)
10/25-
Melee & Project M doubles (fb event link!)

Tournament Location: The Sovereign Love Building
Address: 108 W Pirate Ave Longview, TX 75604

[collapse="Picture of Venue:"]
[/collapse]
Food Options: The venue owner will be selling various food items, candy, and drinks. If you do not bring your own food this could be your alternative! If you’re not satisfied with that you can always find our local restaurants! Information for finding those is posted below. I also recommend using both a GPS in conjunction with a phone app called “Yelp.” You can get this app for free off of your phone’s app store. Yelp is an amazing tool for finding local restaurants in any area!

Specific Restaurant Directions: On Pinetree Road(the main road that intersects with Pirate Street, the home street of our venue!) there’s not many food options aside from a few corner markets here and there. However, if you head East to Gilmer Road(the sister parallel road to Pinetree Road), you can find a plethora of different restaurants and fast food joints along that road! There’s also a Taco Bell and Chick fil A on Loop 281(major road that intersects both Gilmer and Pinetree roads, you can’t miss it!) near the intersection of Gilmer Road and the Loop itself!

Tournament Entry and Fees:
Upon entering the building, you’ll find me at my desk with my laptop. Again, it’s free to come inside the venue to spectate and play friendlies, but if you wish to join the tournament and compete for the prize then you will need to come to me and make some payments! These payments include:

$5 venue fee (each person who plans to enter an event in the tournament makes one single payment toward the venue owner so that these two tournaments are made possible to happen!)
$5 entry fee (each person makes a payment toward the the prize pool of each event that they decide to enter!)

The Prize money of each event is distributed from their respective prize pools to the winners as follows:

If less than 10 entrants in an event;
1st place
gets 70% of the prize pool
2nd place gets 30% of the prize pool

If between 10 and 32 entrants in an event;
1st place
gets 50% of the prize pool
2nd place gets 25% of the prize pool
3rd place gets 15% of the prize pool
4th place gets 10% of the prize pool

If 32+ entrants in an event;
1st place
gets 45% of the prize pool
2nd place gets 20% of the prize pool
5th place gets 5% of the prize pool

As I take your payments for the tournament, I’ll ask you for your tag, name, region, and cellphone number! After collecting that information I will then register you into the events that you wish to join! The cell phone number will be used solely by me in the case that I might need to contact you if I can’t find you whenever you have a match waiting! Any contact information that you give me will remain confidential!

I strongly recommend that you pre-register here! Then the registration process the day of the tournament can be simple and quick!

Tournament Schedule:
***Registration for each game event will end 20 minutes prior to the said event***
1:00pm: Doors open!
1:30pm: Registration begins.
2:40pm: Melee registration ends.
3:00pm: Melee begins.
4:10pm: Project M registration ends.
4:30pm: Project M begins.
Important: Lunch Break for those who want one will happen shortly after the first round of the Project M Bracket! If you plan to leave the venue for food, now is the time! We will still continue to call bracket matches for people who remain in the venue but know that lunch is only an hour after I call for it...so be back on time or risk getting penalized or even disqualified!
9:20pm:
Pack everything up to get of the venue!
9:45pm: Be out of the venue BY THIS TIME!

Game Rulesets:[collapse="Melee"]
General Rules:
- Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
- Items are disabled.
- Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
- Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
- Any accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
- You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
- A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
- Playing as Master Hand is banned.

Doubles Rules:
- Friendly Fire enabled
- Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Stage List:
Neutral Stages:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Yoshi’s Story
- Dream Land
- Fountain of Dreams [singles only]
- Pokemon Stadium [doubles only]
Counter-Pick Stages:
- Pokemon Stadium [singles only]
- Kongo Jungle 64 [doubles only]

Match Procedure:
1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
4. The players play the first match of the set
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
10. The next match is played
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
[/collapse]
[collapse="Project M"]
General Rules:
- Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
- Items are disabled.
- Input buffer is disabled
- All chain grabs and infinites are legal
- You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
- If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
- Playing as Giga Bowser is banned

Doubles Rules:
- Team Attack enabled
- Sharing stocks is allowed

Stage List:
Neutral Stages:

- Battlefield
- Dreamland
- Green Hill Zone
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Smashville
Counter-Pick Stages:
- Final Destination
- Fountain of Dreams
- Lylat Cruise
- Skyworld
- Wario Ware, Inc.
- Yoshi's Island: Brawl
- Yoshi's Story
- Skyloft
- Dracula's Castle
- Distant Planet [doubles only]

Match Procedure:
1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or second Stage Strike
3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
4. The players play the first match of the set 5. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
[/collapse]

Additional Rules:
- BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
- MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
- Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit and anything else that drags on too much time over the tournament.
- Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
- Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
- The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.

Code of Conduct:
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from The Sovereign Love Building! Don't let me see any, smell any, etc. I’ll have to unfortunately send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.
- All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
- No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
- No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
- No coaching in-game or between games of a set. The TO reserves the right to disqualify players for either coaching or receiving in-game coaching during a set.
- The TO is granted license to use any and all types of video that you may be present in at the event, including camera recordings, livestream broadcasts, and captured gameplay footage.
- The TO is granted license to photograph your image, likeness, or depiction at the event, and you waive any claim for compensation for the event’s use or publication of photographs taken of you.
- The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the tournament.
- The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
- The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.

Last edited:

Dita

Smash Rookie
I will be providing some sword-slinging Marth players.

Have the spaghetti ready.

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Post updated as of 10/16)

Tournaments are organized by: Tha Jakester!
Contact cell: 903-331-9323
Hosted by: Longview Gaming Network

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table of Contents:
1. Table of Contents
2. Important Information
3. Events Calendar
4. Location & Address
5. Food Options
6. Registration Process
7. Tournament Entry, Fees, and Prizes!
8. Tournament Schedules
9. Game Rulesets
10. Additional Rules
11. Code of Conduct
12. Closing Note; East Texas Smashers List and Thank Yous!:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Introduction:

Nayru’s Love, a Super Smash Bros. tournament series! Biweekly annual smash tournaments hosted every other Saturday in Longview, Tx!

If you’ve come across this thread, I am sure that you are indeed a fan of Smash Brothers! In any case, I invite you to come join us for “Nayru’s Love,” a biweekly series of Super Smash Bros. tournaments! Whether you’re “playing to win” for glory and money prizes, or, if you would rather just sit back and play some friendly games, or “friendlies,” with other fellow players, by all means come on down! This venue can comfortably fit xxxx amount of people, so get hype! Get ready! 3. 2. 1. GO!

My plan as of now currently is to keep hosting these tournaments every two weeks!

If interest is great enough, or, if I’m able to get someone else to run these tournaments for me in the case that I cannot run them, then this tournament series could perhaps maybe even become a weekly! As it stands now however, it shall definitely remain a biweekly!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Important Information:

The Tournament Setup:
As the title of this thread suggests, I will consistently host biweekly tournaments for all Smash games; not just Melee, not just Smash 4, but the whole package! The plan is to host the games in order of whence they were released to the market. Of course I cannot host everything on one single day so this brings me to host Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl at one event, then two weeks later, we’ll see Project M and Smash 4 hosted at the next event! Now here’s the kicker however...Whenever all five Smash games are hosted, which will be over the span of a four week period, we will switch back and forth between hosting singles and doubles events! For example, after singles events for all five Smash games have been hosted over the course of four weeks(a month), the next four weeks(month) will be doubles only events and vice versa! Running tournaments on this set pattern will lead to each particular event, for instance, Melee Singles, only happening once every eight weeks; once every two months! This makes each specific singles or doubles event for each game happen on a bimonthly basis. Below you can find our Events Calendar to see the games hosted this way for yourself!

The Philosophy:
Personally I think that hosting tournaments in this fashion will ensure maximum hype levels for both singles and doubles events! Doubles especially benefits, which arguably, doesn’t always get as much credit as it deserves; now it has a longer time in the spotlight! I like to look at this setup is as if one month is the “Singles Month of Smash,” whereas the next month is the “Doubles Month of Smash!” One interesting thought I had in regards to this setup is that I believe it can encourage other players to host their own tournaments! Perhaps we might have a Melee player who desires to play Melee Singles more often than just every two months...well, we’ll most likely have the player base that would enter such a Melee tournament... and in that case this Melee player could just host his own tournament!

3. Events Calendar:

12/13- Smash 64, Melee, & Brawl Singles (Pre-register link!) (FB event link!)

12/27- Project M, & Smash 4 Singles
1/10- Smash 64, Melee, & Brawl Doubles
1/24- Project M & Smash 4 Doubles

2/7- Smash 64, Melee, & Brawl Singles

4. Location & Address:
The Sovereign Love Building
108 W Pirate Ave Longview, TX 75604
[collapse=Picture of Venue:]
MORE PHOTOS. PHOTOS OF INSIDE.
[/collapse]

5. Food Options:

Onsite Food for Sale:
Onsite at the venue the venue owner will be selling various food items, candies, and drinks. If you do not bring your own food, this could be your alternative! If you’re not satisfied with that, you can always gorge yourselves at our local restaurants! Posted below is more detailed information in where to find those! I also recommend using both a GPS in conjunction with a smart phone app called “Yelp.” Yelp is an amazing tool for finding local restaurants in any area! You can get this app for free off of your phone’s app store!

Specific Restaurant Directions:
On Pinetree Road(the main road that intersects with Pirate Street( the home street of our venue!), there’s not many food options aside from a few corner markets here and there. However, if you head East to Gilmer Road(the sister parallel road to Pinetree Road), you can find a plethora of different restaurants and fast food joints along that road! There’s also a Taco Bell and Chick fil A on Loop 281(major road that intersects both Gilmer and Pinetree roads, you can’t miss it!) near the intersection of Gilmer Road and the Loop itself!
6. Registration Process:
As I take your payments for the tournament, I’ll ask you for your tag, name, region, and cellphone number! After collecting that information I will then register you into the events that you wish to join! The cell phone number will be used solely by me in the case that I might need to contact you if I can’t find you whenever you have a match waiting! Any contact information that you give me will remain confidential!

I strongly recommend that you pre-register here! Then the registration process the day of the tournament can be simple and quick!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Z2Vr56NlK3qZ7WjBvyeEvz6x55tdFTfOsIZHkMed7R0/viewform?usp=send_form
7. Tournament Entry, Fees, and Prizes!:

Upon entering the building, you’ll find me at my desk with my laptop. Again, it’s free to come inside the venue to spectate and play friendlies, but if you wish to join the tournament and compete for the prize then you will need to come to me and make some payments! These payments include:

$5 Venue Fee:
Each person who plans to enter an event in the tournament makes one single payment toward the venue owner so that these tournaments are made possible to happen!
$5 Entry Fee:
Each person makes a payment toward the the prize pool of each event that they decide to enter!

The prize money of each event is distributed from their respective prize pools to the winners as follows:

If less than 10 entrants in an event;

1st place gets 70% of the prize pool

2nd place gets 30% of the prize pool

If between 10 and 32 entrants in an event;

1st place gets 50% of the prize pool

2nd place gets 25% of the prize pool

If 32+ entrants in an event;

1st place gets 45% of the prize pool

2nd place gets 20% of the prize pool

5th place gets 5% of the prize pool

8. Tournament Schedules:
With various events spanning over every two weeks, we have more than one tournament schedule to look out for! Posted below be sure to check out the schedule that corresponds with the game that you are interested in entering!

[collapse=Smash 64, Melee, & Brawl singles]
***Registration for each game event will end 20 minutes prior to the respective event***

1:00pm: Doors open!

1:30pm: Registration begins.

2:40pm: Melee registration ends.

3:00pm: Melee begins.

4:10pm: Project M registration ends.

4:30pm: Project M begins.

Important: Lunch Break for those who want one will happen shortly after the first round of the Project M Bracket! If you plan to leave the venue for food, now is the time! We will still continue to call bracket matches for people who remain in the venue but know that lunch is only an hour after I call for it...so be back on time or risk getting penalized or even disqualified!

9:20pm: Pack everything up to get of the venue!

9:45pm: Be out of the venue BY THIS TIME!

[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M & Smash 4 singles]
TBA
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash 64, Melee, & Brawl doubles]
TBA
[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M & Smash 4 doubles]
TBA
[/collapse]

9. Game Rulesets:
With a standard tournament comes a standard set of rules! Posted below are specific rules for each game! If you wish to compete, I would give them a read!
[collapse=Smash 64:]
This game will utilize Tha Jakester’s modified Smashboards Smash 64 Ruleset!

MODIFIED!? What has Jake done now lololol. Well. To begin, I am happy to announce...AN EXPANDED STAGELIST...These news stages you wonder? GAMESHARK STAGES. They will not be required. But can be gentleman claused.

General Rules:

- Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Best of 3 Games. Best of 5 Games for: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals and Grand Finals

- Items are disabled.

- Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.

- Accidental pausing results in a loss of the current stock and a restart of the match at the resulting stock counts. The opponent can choose to forego the restart

- Players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a color change if neither player have taken damage.

- Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification.

Doubles Rules:

- Team Attack enabled

- Accidentally pausing while taking a stock forfeits that taken stock

Stage List:

Neutral Stages:

- Dream Land (First match is always Dream Land)

Counter-Pick Stages:

- Congo Jungle

- Peach's Castle

Match Procedure:

2. The players play the first match of the set on Dream Land.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match from either the Neutral or Counter-Pick list. They cannot pick a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.

4. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

5. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.

6. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.

7. The next match is played

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Repeat Steps 3 through 7 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee:]

This game will utilize the Smashboards Melee Ruleset!

General Rules:

- Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.

- Items are disabled.

- Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned

- Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.

- You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.

- A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.

- Playing as Master Hand is banned.

Doubles Rules:

- Friendly Fire enabled

- Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed

Stage List:

Neutral Stages:

- Final Destination

- Battlefield

- Yoshi’s Story

- Dream Land

- Pokemon Stadium [doubles only]

Counter-Pick Stages:

- Pokemon Stadium [singles only]

- Kongo Jungle 64 [doubles only]

Match Procedure:

2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike

3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.

5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.

[/collapse]
[collapse=Brawl:]
This game will utilize the Smashboards Brawl Ruleset!

General Rules:

- Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.

- Items are disabled.

- Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.

- All other chain grabs and infinites are legal

- There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player is over the Ledge Grab Limit, they automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

- The act of stalling is banned and constitutes intentionally making the game unplayable. Examples include becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

- Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.

- You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.

- If time runs outs and ledge grabs do not determine a winner, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage.

- If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For this tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.

- If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.

- Coaching is not allowed during a match

Doubles Rules:

- Team Attack enabled

- If time runs out and a player is over the ledge grab limit, that team loses if no one on the opposite team is over the limit

- If time runs out and ledge grabs do not determine a winner, the match is decided by the team with most stocks, and if still tied, by the team with lower total percent

- If a player is using Pokemon Trainer, Lucario or Sonic, either team may request team colors to be changed to make it easier to tell the difference

Stage List:

Neutral Stages:

- Battlefield

- Final Destination

- Lylat Cruise

- Smashville

- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter-Pick Stages:

- Battleship Halberd

- Pokemon Stadium 1

- Castle Siege

Match Procedure:

5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. This ban is only chosen one and lasts for the entire set.

[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M:]
This game will utilize the the Infinity and Beyond Ruleset! (To be posted.)
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash 4:]
This game will utilize the the Shockwave Ruleset! (Maybe Shockwave? Maybe not? To be posted.)
[/collapse]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Additional Rules:
- BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
- MikeHaze Rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
- Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for time limits and anything else that drag on too much time over the tournament.
- Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
- Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
- The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Code of Conduct:
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from The Sovereign Love Building! Don't let me see any, smell any, etc. I’ll have to unfortunately send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential one event suspension at the T.O's discretion.
- All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
- No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
- No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
- No coaching in-game or between games of a set. The TO reserves the right to disqualify players for either coaching or receiving in-game coaching during a set.
- The TO is granted license to use any and all types of video that you may be present in at the event, including camera recordings, livestream broadcasts, and captured gameplay footage.
- The TO is granted license to photograph your image, likeness, or depiction at the event, and you waive any claim for compensation for the event’s use or publication of photographs taken of you.
- The TO reserves the right to deny entry into the tournament to any player suspected of committing anything considered a crime or acting in a manner that is detrimental to the integrity of the tournament.
- The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
- The TO reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and his judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
12. Closing Note; East Texas Master Smashers List & Thank Yous!:
If you don’t mind, I encourage you to check out this link. It’s a nifty little google document that I personally put together. Please read the “readme!” This google doc is mainly directed toward local East Texas players, but by all means, if you’re active in our scene, feel free to post it up! Thank you! :)

Also special thanks to Chuy, Jared, G-rabbit, Infinity, Sethlon, Gabe, the Xandau team, cray Juggleguy, for letting me steal from your threads >xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom