• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 19, 2014] Super Smash Bros. League (Plainview, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
Hey guys! If you're in the NY Smash bros scene I currently host a Smash hangout every Tuesday where we chill, play, learn, and compete all that is smash will be on Tuesdays. I currently host it at a shop called Legendary Realms in Plainview(if you are familiar with Nassau County.) Every 3 Tuesdays we just hangout play and practice for the fourth Tuesday which will be a tournament with a $10 entree fee. Prize pool will be determined by the number of entrants. Spread the word! any questions you can post below and ill message you back. Thank you! :roll::roll::roll::roll:

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! If you're in the NY Smash bros scene I currently host a Smash hangout every Tuesday where we chill, play, learn, and compete all that is smash will be on Tuesdays. I currently host it at a shop called Legendary Realms in Plainview(if you are familiar with Nassau County.) Every 3 Tuesdays we just hangout play and practice for the fourth Tuesday which will be a tournament with a $10 entree fee. Prize pool will be determined by the number of entrants. Spread the word! any questions you can post below and ill message you back. Thank you! :roll::roll::roll::roll:
What ruleset do you guys use? Also what games are present? And is there doubles too or only singles?

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
I was there last week where it was one of the hangout sessions. Apparently this time it will be tournament if we get good attendance and I'm bringing a couple dudes so that shouldn't be a problem, but I don't know what rules it uses. I think from talking to the T.O they are pretty standard but possibly not exactly Apex. (I can't remember every stage on Apex rules right now though) I got the impression that whatever the majority wanted to use fine by him, its a pretty chill atmosphere.

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
Hey guys sorry to get back so late. This coming Tuesday is a tournament if we have a good turnout. I only have 4 setups because I can only take a certain amount of space of the store. Even if we get 20-30 people max see how it goes. If people can bring setups that'd be great. Any other questions post here and I'll answer them as quickly as possible. Thank you

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
What ruleset do you guys use? Also what games are present? And is there doubles too or only singles?
It really depends on how these turnouts become as the weeks go by. It's been pretty low because of the first turnout, people want to get a feel of what the place is like and such. I plan to host pm singles for now I will have a copy of melee if people want to play that, and if you or anyone else want to play then I suggest bring it. I will use the rules on here if you click on the ruleset link here.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
Im bringing two full setups and at least 3 people so I think you can have the tourney. Just make sure people report matches and don't hold up the bracket.

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Okai so does anybody know if there is gonna be a doubles event? I would think so but now it seems there aren't many people attending period, just saying, i'd be down for doubles with a friend of mine if anyone else is, so to the TO maybe doubles should be considered, what do you guys think? I'd like to get some feedback on it, if doubles happened who would be down? like who has a partner and who is looking for one? maybe we could organize doubles teams on this thread for people without a partner. We have to have an obligatory "don't get pissed at your partner if they suck, just suck it up and be nice" rule for teams made online lol.

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
I'm the TO of the event. This week I can only do PM singles cuz the amount of space I have in the store I can only do one game. Another tournament I'll do another game unless the owner can provide more room. I would love nothing more than to do doubles, but I can only work with what I can right now.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm in LI all week for business, and was hoping I could get some games in to take the edge off of having to work away from home for a while. But I was hoping I could play Melee. T_T Any way we could get a melee setup going? I even have one with me.

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
I'm in LI all week for business, and was hoping I could get some games in to take the edge off of having to work away from home for a while. But I was hoping I could play Melee. T_T Any way we could get a melee setup going? I even have one with me.
Hell yes I have melee as well. We can definitely set it up tomorrow

Shredagaze

Smash Rookie
Hey guys me and my buddy are on our way but stuck in traffic if the time could possibly be extended by a couple minutes we will definitely enter

Punn

Smash Rookie
Had fun, glad I can make it today, hope to see more peeps playing. Also hoping this will continue for unforsee future. Thanks for the good time and thanks for the matches whoever was Marth and the other two during free for all.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if I can get rides to these anymore, so I'll just say goodbye to the people at Legendary Realms and I hope to see you at other tourneys. Hope you keep getting a good amount of entrants, you guys deserve it!

Last edited:

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::UPDATE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
First off I wanted to say what a sweet turn out these past couple of event's have been. Wanted to say thank you for your support and i hope this can grow to something i want. You guys are AWESOME!!!!! Spread the word for all players who are in LI!!!

I mainly post on my facebook page for a matter on convenience If you're on facebook search Super Smash Bros League and click join the group i will accept if you want to receive and info on the group.

Plus people in the group and whoever comes to the events suggest we do Bi-weekly tournaments. I definitely want to do this and this coming Tuesday will be another tournament. The only thing is I can only do 1 game either P:M or Melee. Most people that come play P:M not alot of melee for some reason, and doubles is a little hard to do because i want to observe who comes through. So im going to stick with P:M Singles for this tournament. $10 entry fee lets make this a good one guys again thank you for your support and i hope to see you guys come through!!

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Had a lot of fun. Thanks so much for hosting, it was a nice reprieve from the main reason I had to come out to LI in the first place.(work -_-) Unless by a great stroke of luck, and work sends me back here, I likely will not be back again, but gladly would if I get the chance. Also, I didn't think that my DK would translate so well to PM, that was interesting to find out. Anyway, I'm digressing. Hope the biweeklies go well - keep leveling up LI

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::UPDATE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys i know its been a while since i last posted on here. I just wanted to let you guys know whoever is viewing this thread/event that I now host smash on sunday nights as well as tuesdays. This coming sunday there will be a project m tournament (seriously its becoming more and more popular there). $10 entry fee starts at 7:30 ends at 10 or come through for some friendlies. I will have a TV for that. thank you i will try to reply as fast as i can.

Specter43

Smash Cadet
NNID
Specter43
Hello smashers. Smash 4 is out and I'm hosting a tournament here at legendary realms! I will have some setups for pm/ melee if you guys are still around :p Entry fee will be $1 come through for some good matches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom