• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 11, 2014] Tap N Smash Weekly at Tap N Atk Games (Camp Hill, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theMRSA

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1348-5747
Thank you to Tap N Atk Games who are letting us use their venue on Saturdays. Attendees are encouraged to buy snacks, drinks, or merchandise to show appreciation and to ensure that we will hold future events in their store!

http://www.tapnatkgames.com/

This is a weekly event run by Marissa (MRSA) of 717 Smash and some members of the 717 group frequent this event.

Project M will run first followed by Super Smash Bros Melee. (Singles only)

If there are not enough people for a tournament, we will do something else such as a round robin tournament with no entry fee or venue fee. Many more friendlies will happen.

Venue opens at 12:00pm.
Project M will be starting at 12:45pm.
Project M should end before 2:30pm and SSBM will begin shortly after.
**Times subject to change**

SETUPS ARE APPRECIATED. We usually have more TV's than consoles.

We are sharing the room in this venue with another group who must have the room by 5:00pm every week. We must leave the room (not the venue) and remove our equipment by 4:30pm. If we need a bit more time for Grand Finals to finish then it is not a big deal, but we try to be respectful. Afterwards, players are welcome to come to my house to continue playing games (SSBM, Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle versus, and Mario Kart 8 are all games we have played)

Venue fee = $1.00
Melee entry fee = $1.00
Project M entry fee = $1.00

If possible PLEASE bring your own GameCube controller.

Will run a double elimination bracket for both games, hosted on Challonge.com

Just a reminder to everyone in attendance please be respectful towards each other and the venue. We are here to play games and have fun!

There is ample parking around the strip mall where Tap N Atk games sits.

Melee Rules

Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, 2/3 Games

First Stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order

Starter Stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final
Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land

Counter-pick Stages: Starters + Pokemon Stadium

Counter-picking stages happens before character select.

Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.

Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all starter stages and then loser choosing.

Any 3/5 matches such as Grand Finals, there are no stage bans

You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Accidental pausing forfeits a stock unless players come to a consensus.

Project M Rules

Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8:00 minute timer, No items, 2/3 Games

First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P2-P1-P1-P2-P2-P1 order.

Starter Stages: Bottom row of stages
Counter-Pick Stages: Bottom 2 rows of stages

Counter-picking stages happens before character select.

Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.

Following stages decided by winner banning 3 stages and then loser choosing.

Any 3/5 matches such as Grand Finals, there are no stage bans.

You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Accidental pausing forfeits a stock unless players come to a consensus.

Always looking for new members to the 717, so show up there or message me here and I'll get you even more detail! If you are an active smasher and live in the 717 area of PA then feel free to join our facebook group.

my email - mrsa.albano@gmail.com

Results Links
If you see missing weeklies, then I was probably at a tournament such as AEX, MOAL, or Xanadu.

Melee - 06/07/14
PM - 06/0714

Melee - 06/14/14
PM - 06/14/14
Melee - 07/05/14
PM - 07/05/14
Melee - 08/02/14 (ran out of time)
PM - 08/02/14
Melee - 08/09/14 (Bones showed up! :D)
PM - 08/09/14
Melee - 08/16/14
PM - 08/16/14
Melee - 09/06/14
PM - 09/06/14

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
This...is...AMAZING. I will try to attend some of these. I can't make it this Saturday, but I can probably do the next.

Last edited:

theMRSA

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1348-5747
I'm new to Smashboards so I suppose you all get updated if you follow this thread? Anyway here are the results of the PM tournament. http:// challonge.com/ tapnsmash (without spaces)

Unfortunately we couldn't finish Melee due to time restrictions/lack of setups. We will start PM earlier this time.

Please note that there are now entry fees.

Jeremy White

Smash Rookie
Once the school year starts, I will hopefully attend. I go to Messiah College and I will try to bring some of our smashers.. This seems awesome!

theMRSA

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1348-5747
Once the school year starts, I will hopefully attend. I go to Messiah College and I will try to bring some of our smashers.. This seems awesome!
Great! It would be cool to have an IC player! A dude came from Baltimore yesterday and he was our first Yoshi player.

theMRSA

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1348-5747
I'll be here. I'm excited to see the Harrisburg scene since I didn't even know it existed until today! lol
Thanks for coming. It's always inspiring to play or watch a skilled player such as yourself. And it makes for an entertaining grand finals! :D

theMRSA

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1348-5747
The results of the August 9th tournaments are in.
Melee - http:// challonge.com/ tapnsmash8_9_14
PM - http:// challonge.com/ tapnsmashPM8_9_14
(without spaces)

We had less people show up, but we had more setups this time so things ran smoothly. I hear we have interest from the Delaware group, so hopefully they can come to a Tap N Smash in the future.

theMRSA

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1348-5747
Are they weekly tournies still going on? I'm only asking since school started and idk if that affects anything.
Yes there are still tournaments. If I have to cancel one, I will make sure to skip the event repeating on Smash Boards, so everyone knows when we have tournaments and when we don't. We do have less people come since school started, though.

Phlinix

Smash Rookie
Pretty new to the tournament scene and I'm really happy to see an event close to my home! Gonna try to attend this sometime soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom