• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ocala Play N Trade Tournaments - 3/29 Melee - 4/5 Brawl

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Single Elimination
Final Destination only
5 stock
No time limit
All characters will be unlocked.

Prizes:
1st Place - (A Nintendo Wii + Brawl) or ($250 store credit)
2nd Place - $75 store credit
3rd Place - $25 store credit

The tournament starts at 1 PM, but you may arrive at a different time depending on what slot you sign up for. I highly suggest you call (352) 369-GAME today to find out if you need to be there today to sign up or not.

There will be food, drinks, and music.

Oh, and in case anybody wants to help out: the tournament only has 4 Wiis with all the characters unlocked. I'm bringing mine, which makes the total 5. If any of you guys could bring your Wiis (just the consoles, as they have cables already), the tourney would progress much more smoothly.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
this place usually has some nice prizes, the last time i went to one of their tourneys they gave a wii to first place and a pre order for ssbb.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Last time their rules was singles, single elimation, 4 stock, so it's not the greatest tournament if you wanna see how you place, but if you think you have a chance at winning, which is probably likely Ocala isn't good compared to the rest of Florida, go ahead.

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I believe it was because that was right before Brawl released. They probably wanted to have a big turnout for their last big melee tourney. I most likely will be at this.

Edit: Do these tournaments have a usual time? I think I heard they start at 9?

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
Bump.
This is going down saturday; anyone else attending.
Also, I was looking for some more info because I can't find any listing for the 3/29 melee tournament on the PNT website or forums.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I called em up, BAMN, they are indeed having a smash brothers MELEE tourney on this Saturday.

The rules are 5 stock, no items, all characters will be unlocked, and the only stage you can use is FD(meh, ill just use falco :D)

they said the time it starts is at like 1:00 or 1:30, I didn't understand exactly what the dood said, but it sounded like you can "choose a time" you want to start the tourney. Sounded like a vote thing, but then he said it wasn't a vote. wtf? lol

BAMN, you should probably just call up about the time thing, since your like an hour away, and if you get here TOO early, that'd suck D:

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I called em up, BAMN, they are indeed having a smash brothers MELEE tourney on this Saturday.

The rules are 5 stock, no items, all characters will be unlocked, and the only stage you can use is FD(meh, ill just use falco :D)

they said the time it starts is at like 1:00 or 1:30, I didn't understand exactly what the dood said, but it sounded like you can "choose a time" you want to start the tourney. Sounded like a vote thing, but then he said it wasn't a vote. wtf? lol

BAMN, you should probably just call up about the time thing, since your like an hour away, and if you get here TOO early, that'd suck D:
Sounds decent, did you find out if it was single or double elim? Meh, I'll call them in a little while and find some more stuff about it, like the time. I am probably going to be playing falco as well, if they magically do teams and my crewmate can't make it, I'm down to team with you.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Sounds decent, did you find out if it was single or double elim? Meh, I'll call them in a little while and find some more stuff about it, like the time. I am probably going to be playing falco as well, if they magically do teams and my crewmate can't make it, I'm down to team with you.
They said it's single elim, with "buybacks but ONLY ON ROUND 1!!!!"

yeah, it sounds better then some tourneys ive been to.

and i hope your falco isnt gay D:

no teams btw

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
Buybacks? as in paying the entry fee again to stay in? I am unfamiliar with buybacks.

Meh, I like teams :(

My falco isn't too gay. I may use Doc also.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to BAMN for winning today's Melee tournament! I'll have some videos up on Youtube later today.

Also, concerning next week's Brawl tournament... The guys at Play N Trade didn't know that Brawl saves are locked to the console until I told them today, so we have no idea what's going to happen.

1. Someone can volunteer to somehow unlock all of the characters on all 8 of their Wiis by using a Wavebird controller and several receivers set to the same frequency, which would take a little under 2 hours to unlock everyone. The problem with that is getting the receivers in the first place, as well as finding someone to do it.

2. If we get enough people who unlocked every character at home to bring their Wiis (and allowed them to be used at the tournament as long as needed - around 4-5 hours, maybe), there would be no problem.

3. Failing the first two options, the tournament rules would be changed to just using the starter characters. This would suck *tremendously* for me, because I use Snake. If I can't use him, I'll lose.

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah first place was 250 store credit that I pretty much had to use immediately. They didn't have any Wii's :( so I bought DS(Pink, YES!) 'cause I don't have one, and a bunch of games. Hats off to Vigilant Gambit's crew for being awesome. There were a bunch of people complaining that a doc(me), peach GZUS, and jiggs(NERV, my crewmate) were winning the tournament, thought that was funny, although I never played them, they almost all played fox and I probably could of 3 or 4 stocked them...

I though I saw you Cash, there was a guy who looked a little like you, but he used GW and was pretty horrible.

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I would be attending if that place wasn't so far away since I get free entry for getting top 3. Gzus did gets free entry too.
Brawl is stupid.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
speaking of which, is there any info on this brawl tournament tomorrow? I dont see any i this thread. Coincidentally enough, Ill be in gainesville this weekend and this is only 40 min away, but i got no info so how am i supposed to go? >.>

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I just asked the same question.
so? if we're lucky, if more people ask they will be more inclined to answer faster, if at all. They never DID post the melee tourney info. We may just have to call them

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Single Elimination
Final Destination only
5 stock
No time limit

I'm calling them right now to find out what characters will be playable (they didn't know about the locked Brawl saves till last week).
with that many stocks, im guessing its not best 2/3 either. Then again, with that many stocks, i dont think i'd want it to be best 2/3. Do you know what the prizes are? I hear its probably gonna be store credit, but how much? and what places get it? cause i was looking to buy army of two and it would be nice if i can just get it free

Edit: Double post FTL

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
with that many stocks, im guessing its not best 2/3 either. Then again, with that many stocks, i dont think i'd want it to be best 2/3. Do you know what the prizes are? I hear its probably gonna be store credit, but how much? and what places get it? cause i was looking to buy army of two and it would be nice if i can just get it free

Edit: Double post FTL
Trust me. You do NOT want to buy Army of Two.

Try it out first.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Just want to add that the entry fee is 20 dollars, and that you can just sign up the day of (ie, tomorrow)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
wait, wtf... your playing for a wii? I might just have to go to this tourney!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wait, wtf... your playing for a wii? I might just have to go to this tourney!
lol, if you go, ill see you and your manpurse there. Hopefully we play, so you can teach me something about game and watch. A G&W ditto should at least be entertaining to watch for the other peoples there

Edit: Anyone who is in good with the peoples running this thing tomorrow, can you try to convince them to lower the stock to 3 but do best 2 out of 3, single elim? I'd much rather have that than 1 game of 5 stock

Top Bottom