• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obscure Character Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanicusRex

Smash Rookie
This thread is for requesting obscure characters, perhaps to bring them out of obscurity through this game and maybe a new game of their own in time.

I suppose any console/company is allowed since mine aren't directly from Nintendo :p Just make sure they're at least somewhat obscure!

Here's mine:

--------------------

1) Jerry Boy (aka Smart Ball) - I can't even find decent pictures anymore for this little blue guy. Interestingly enough, this game was made by many of the creators from Pokemon. It was made for the SNES and goes by Smart Ball in the US and Jerry Boy in Japan. I recommend LadyTanuki's "Lets Play Smartball" series on youtube to get an idea of the game. Unfortunately I only see Jerry making it in as some sort of assist, perhaps throwing his iron ball around. But he could possibly be made into a full character with a little creativity and help from some of the animals in his game.

SmartBall_Vectorman2.jpg

2) Vectorman - Now this has got to be the sickest trashman, I mean trash orbot I've ever seen. He's from the year 2049 and sends trash hurling into the sun. This game comes from Sega so it could be tricky bringing him in. Vectorman could be a fully playable character. Not only does he have numerous projectile options, but he can also transform into different animals via powerups in the game to gain animal-like properties. It was a very creative game and story and I would love to see it return. Once again I recommend watching a lets play on youtube to get a feel for the game. Vectorman 1 & 2 were made.

My honorable mentions: Earthworm Jim, 2 Crude Dudes, Joe & Mac

--------------------------

Those are my 2 main obscure recommendations although I do have more! Feel free to post your own and discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom