• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Could you also please explain Jack's placement?
Their posts such as 627 677, and even 757 show pretty good reactions to thinks imo.
Hes maintained a perspective of trying to understand the 3ds situation but that hasn’t stopped them from looking at other things and interacting more with people.

757 has them backing up someone scum reading and defending a misrepresentation of facts by 3ds in 3ds’s view on Rsn.

These actions feel more townie motivated to me then how a scum could view everything. Could be wrong, but right now I don’t have any issue with their content which is why I put them as town.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
He's not doing that though he has went into great detail why he thinks I'm scum and the others have cause. They is a lot more to his reads then people's thoughts on you. The game does not only centre around you.
Wasn't saying it all revolved around me. I was saying that because a major point in his suspicion of Wiisp was that Wiisp wasn't voting and when he did it was a pointless vote.
And as well, he said he slightly distrusted UP because he thought I was town.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
As well, I don't see him listing any reasons for his suspicions of you or Maven, though I could be wrong.

You're pretty much a town read in my eyes at this point Jackrito Jackrito

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Pythag Pythag Talk to me a out my UP conclusion and my bottom four.
It’s quite possible your right, but UP also mentioned Changing their play each game before. So it’s quite possible he learned from your game and is adjusting his play again. So it’s possible he could have not noticed any problems in his actions his game. Perhaps if he is scum he wasn’t be coached or had a mate that wasn’t looking at his posts too much.

My biggest problem with his slot was saying the town reads meant nothing to him and having no reason for anything. That’s completely anti town and refusing to try makes it look worse. Which town or scum I can’t fathom why Up would do this. He’s played enough to know that would be smart to do but still there’s no reason for town up to not elaborate.

Still i would push him aside for now, but if 3ds flips town, I think Up could be someone worth looking at considering he pushed the entire discussion into the neighborhood talk. Maybe reality is there really isn’t scum in the neighborhood but UP knowing this and the Role could have Used it’s typical description to make the thread spend the day mostly focusing on this.

It would allow scum to easily contribute without needed to do anything too hard. Then they get the night kill and have day 2 to start a whole new wagon( perhaps another member of the neighbor hood or someone else).

That’s my thoughts atm. I still think 3ds is flipping scum and if he does I’d be less likely to look at Up, if he doesn’t though then I would be reviewing him more.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I suggest investigating Ran when I flip town.

I'm getting exed either way, here is my thoughts on town rn

Probably Town
UP
Wiisp
Z25
LaserGuy
Jack
Null
Maven
Pythag
Boom
Scum
Sabrar
Ran

Jackrito

Smash Ace

Probably Town
UP
Wiisp
Z25
LaserGuy
Jack
Null
Maven
Pythag
Boom
Scum
Sabrar
Ran

What changed me from null to town in the space of a day of being less active.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Eh, I reconsidered your posts and saw more of a town vibe.

Again I should've looked closer. You were more town then what I saw the first time, that's it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Z25 Z25 Pythag Pythag Talk to me a out my UP conclusion and my bottom four.
I mean, you literally hosted a game where town!UP had a relatively sporadic early game, when evolved into tunneled and doubled down on an uncc'd bulletproof. I'm not trying to defend his conclusions, as much as I guess I'm reading his meta.

I don't want to exactly put UP in a corner or speak beyond my knowledge, but I think he gets super irritated when he detects smugness, or when others totally fail (in his eyes) to see what he's saying. This puts him kinda on his heels and much more reactionary, almost indignant when he is town, because everyone tells him, "Town wouldn't do X" however he literally is town and currently doing [X]. Then those that are finding him scummy must be scum because he literally is town.

I think UP tonally is more townie the more sporadic or defiant he plays. When he is scum he seemed more concerned about dotting the i's and crossing the t's to make sure that everyone believed he found someone scummy (see his case against you D1 of Xivii's mafia game). He was trying really hard to appear town, and build a case. That case strikes me a super different from how he played in flavorless mafia, where he pretty much went up against kary out of spite.

This is all probably worth what you paid for it, but at least that's how I read UP.

3DSNinja 3DSNinja you have yourself, laserguy and z25 as town, does that mean you are against completely the idea that one of you is mafia?
You don't believe the neighborhood has a mafia?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I don't believe the neighborhod has a mafia, no.

I'm not against the idea, but I don't see either of them being mafia at this stage in the game.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't believe the neighborhod has a mafia, no.

I'm not against the idea, but I don't see either of them being mafia at this stage in the game.
So Ran is scum because he's agressively building a case on you.
what is your reasoning for Sab being scum again?

Maven89

Smash Master
I am firmly against lynching 3DS on day 1. Everything he’s doing can be easily explained as newb town just as easily as newb scum. Any information from the lynch will be nearly worthless, because I have no doubt mafia are pushing for his lynch right now, either as a bus or as an easy mislynch. If he’s scum he will definitely show it as the game goes on.

im unhappy with Lasers content, he came in early with a ploy that was valueless then has barely shown up compared to his earlier activity.

I’m wary of Ranmaru’s push, I can’t tell if he’s aware of how much hot air he’s putting into it. I haven’t played with Ranmaru in years and I can’t recall if this is normal for him.

right now I feel Utopian would be the best lynch, because I doubt there will be another candidate between him and Ninja. I feel there’s probably scum between Ranmaru and Jack

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Sab is being incredibly agressive towards UP and is outright making false points to convict him. At least that's what I've seen. As well, Ran, my primary scum suspect, thinks Sab is the most obvious town when he clearly isn't.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag I agree with you. It's why I came to the conclusion that UP is slight town. This game shows he is more smug, and has more progression than Sorcerers.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maven89 Maven89 Why Utopian over Ninja? Logic that out for me. What's your stance on UP with reasoning.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Sab is being incredibly agressive towards UP and is outright making false points to convict him. At least that's what I've seen.
What exactly is false in my cases? Take your time, use your own words and explain it to me.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am firmly against lynching 3DS on day 1. Everything he’s doing can be easily explained as newb town just as easily as newb scum. Any information from the lynch will be nearly worthless, because I have no doubt mafia are pushing for his lynch right now, either as a bus or as an easy mislynch. If he’s scum he will definitely show it as the game goes on.

im unhappy with Lasers content, he came in early with a ploy that was valueless then has barely shown up compared to his earlier activity.

I’m wary of Ranmaru’s push, I can’t tell if he’s aware of how much hot air he’s putting into it. I haven’t played with Ranmaru in years and I can’t recall if this is normal for him.

right now I feel Utopian would be the best lynch, because I doubt there will be another candidate between him and Ninja. I feel there’s probably scum between Ranmaru and Jack
I agree with you about 3DS, I'm not sure his lynch would tell us nothing though.

I disagree with you about Ran.
I have less to say about LaserGuy and Jack.

What do you think about Wiisp's attempt to get another wagon going on BoomFrog?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag I agree with you. It's why I came to the conclusion that UP is slight town. This game shows he is more smug, and has more progression than Sorcerers.
Whoops sorry man, I was way behind on your posts, I see now that you now viewed UP as town.

Bottom Four: [Ninja > Jack > Wisp > Maven]
I still don't think that 3DS is a silver bullet, in my head it still could be a 50/50, or maybe a 60/40.

What is exactly scummy about Wiisp to you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wisp's lack of drive to find scum. His lack of sorting with Jack. Asking me about Laser and not following up with that. His flip flopping with Ninja. (Notice how he votes him but instantly unvotes after)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Any information from the lynch will be nearly worthless, because I have no doubt mafia are pushing for his lynch right now, either as a bus or as an easy mislynch. If he’s scum he will definitely show it as the game goes on.
This is exactly what I'm thinking about a 3DS lynch and why I moved off of it. I mean I did say nearly this exact thing early, but it's still correct.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin : Can you answer Sabrar about your previous reads list, and can you give an updated reads list?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar Sabrar Can you tell me of any updated reads? Also talk to me about Boom. What's your opinion of him at the moment?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito
I just want someone to talk to that isn't full of themselves

Saying that, I still don't believe there is any reason to assume that Ranmaru is being malicious just because he is not re-evaluting Ninja

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Also talk to me about Boom. What's your opinion of him at the moment?
I just read Boom this afternoon and came to no solid conclusion. I think his case against UP also makes sense and I find nothing wrong with his tone but I have concerns due to his lack of content (which I know are irl-related but still make it harder to read him). I don't think he would be a good lynch today.
I will do some updated reads tomorrow. One thing I feel right now is that Ninja's huge shift in style is more likely to come from coaching.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wiisp you got anything for why I should join you on the BoomFrog vote?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito
I just want someone to talk to that isn't full of themselves

Saying that, I still don't believe there is any reason to assume that Ranmaru is being malicious just because he is not re-evaluting Ninja
Yeah that was pretty much the reason I expected lol. You are worried about killing me and being stuck with others in the late game.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
This is very disingenuous. While I'm not going to disagree that my content has been light (for IRL reasons noted in #493), my activity level has not changed substantially since the start of the game, and I certainly have been producing reads and probing at people as best as I can manage. Do you have actual issues with the content of my posts?

My gambit was also not valueless. It was a driver of a lot of early discussion in D1 and pushed the game quickly out of RVS and allowed me (and others, hopefully) to generate some reads. You may not like the method, but that doesn't mean it didn't do exactly what it was supposed to.

Do you think Utopian is scum?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Sabrar Sabrar I agree with what you're thinking and I'm reconsidering. Also, what do you think about Pythag and Ren's meta assessment of UP? I'm reconsidering there too.

Probably Town
UP
Wiisp
Z25
LaserGuy
Jack
Null
Maven
Pythag
Boom
Scum
Sabrar
Ran
Why am I so low on your list?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Also, what do you think about Pythag and Ren's meta assessment of UP?
Pythag's read is focusing more on tone and doesn't really explain content. I already indicated in #732 that I'm willing to reconsider Ran's points, although I would like to hear Ninja's reply before I commit to anything.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think your Gambit is pointless, I mean math probably points to wolves pushing it a little harder, but overall Amy alignment would hate it

And it's possible wolves would be like, "but does a wolf pretend to have a post restriction"

So like it doesn't do much
I think it probably makes you less likely to be a wolf, but I also think your content afterwards further pushes that thought

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it accomplished getting the game rolling, which is pro-town.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I really don't think there is a reason to go super hard in the paint right now, maybe that's why I care less, I think for day 1 we have a decent PoE to vote in

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Maven/Boom/Ninja
Idk about a fourth right now, because I am still kind of wavering on UP

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What has you wavering on UP? Thoughts on my #729?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Sabrar Sabrar I agree with what you're thinking and I'm reconsidering. Also, what do you think about Pythag and Ren's meta assessment of UP? I'm reconsidering there too.

Why am I so low on your list?
All 3 null are equal.
I'm unsure if you are town or scum ATM, though I am leaning town on you.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
What has you wavering on UP? Thoughts on my #729?
cause he hasn't done anything explicitly townie that I can recall

I mean you showed proof to my original thoughts on UP thanks?
Tonally I hate him
Meta-wise I think he is probably more like to flip town
Post-wise nothing that screams townie

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BoomFrog BoomFrog : how would you explain the shift in Ninja's playstyle/tone?
He's acting like he is being encouraged to keep trying but is still pessimistic. Which, is exactly what has happened in thread, so that doesn't indicate coaching. And no scummate would suggest attacking Ran, so that was definitely an independent action. In theory a scummate might have said something like, "find someone new scummy and go after them to show you are scum hunting" and 3DS went for the pure OMGUS. But, from the perspective of town-3DSNinja he knows Ran is wrong and gunning for him hard so that fits.

Basically both theories can fit, but newbie-town-flailing-and-alone 3DSNinja fits more easily.

Top Bottom