• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Green Room

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Green Room
This is the Green Room for Oasis Mafia. Instead of a private green room this game, I'm going to experiment with players being allowed to post their thoughts in a public thread within spoiler tags. Players and non-players alike can post their thoughts in spoilers at any time in this thread in this manner.

Examples (you may read these):
Man it looks like I rolled scum again!
lol Osie with the **** posting
Man it looks like I rolled scum again!
lol sorry bro I was rootin for ya

The first is an example of a comment by a player. The second is an example of a comment by a non-player. And the third is an example of the host responding to a player.

No active player or those signed up to replace may read the spoilered comments until the game is over or the mod has officially authorized them to do so. Again, even if you are dead, you may still be in the game. Do not read spoilers or discuss the game in unauthorized areas until you are officially informed by the mod in private.

Additional Greenroom Guidelines:
  • Always PREVIEW your post before posting it to ensure that it is properly spoilered.
  • Do NOT quote a spoilered post if you are an active player. Not even your own. Each comment by a player must be its own response.
  • Leave the spoiler labels blank or title them Oasis

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you are a part of the game and you are reading this, you have already broken the rules. Do not read spoilered posts in this thread!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Roles are sent out! I'm giving the players the opportunity to decide whether we start on the weekend or Monday.

I'm afraid I'm going to slip up between the player names and character names. I almost already did!

Sabrar

Smash Ace
OMG BoomFrog and LaserGuy, this is going to be awesome. BTW I'm Town.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
What an interesting idea for a green room!

It's already so temping to click those spoiler tags, but I will be vigilant!

I'm really glad I rolled town. I felt like I was absolutely abysmal as scum.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Well, this is different. Interesting experiment.

I expect this game to be interesting.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Well this setup is... interesting. Much less so if town does well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was surprised to see a thread called 'green room'. Cool to see that though. I have nothing else to say really.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Oof. I just read this: "There are no roles I consider to be bastardy, including Jesters, Cults, and False Roles. "

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
not even everyone has posted yet.
IF Ran continues to be very short winded, I think he's scummy
But of the people that have posted, I think it's between laserguy and sabrar for being scummy.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
currently :
Ran is town,
UP is town
I am town
Z25 is town

Laser might be town

unknowns from most townie to most scummy :
Wisp - wanna see more
3ds ( I think he's just misguided rn)
Sabrar
Boomfrog

Maven is afk

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Hi bessie! Hope you get to read this at some point.

So if anyone hasn't realized yet, BoomFrog, LaserGuy and myself (and also bessie) all come from the same forum where we played a lot of games together.
So we have a history that makes it easier to understand what's going on with the others. E.g. LaserGuy currently is doing a gambit where he wants to see other players' reaction to his emojis to make a read. It is very similar to BoomFrog's Woof-Grrr style of communication.

Currently suspicious of UP, lots of OMGUS going on.
Have to cut this short.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So, I've just finished my reads. Yet I've realized something thanks to the passage of time. I just want to say Sabrar is a beautiful man. At the moment I think myself and him have scum caught through the both of us. I almost posted reads now but I'm going to wait a bit longer.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm at a point where I genuinely feel that I've solved the game. I would say who but I think anyone looking in can guess who I will be looking at. My reads will show that. I also feel that I have a major influence in the town since, I'm massively town read. I'm going to use this to lynch Ninja into the ground. There are no votes on me this game, and I don't expect there to be any challenge from scum towards me. (Which I think is an issue for them, but I have no weakness in my play I think, so they can't really try to hurt me if they wanted to)

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I think if I was playing this game I wouldn't trust that players in the game weren't reading this thread, and would post the wildest of claims in here just to see if it affected people's views of me. Such as claiming Day Vig, Claiming Jester etc. Would just be fun to do for the lulz.

As an aside about Ninja, I think the first time I played a game with a neighborhood like this I would have assumed that everyone in it was town unless the host specifically said "everyone in this neighborhood may or may not be town aligned", so if he's town I can't blame him for that assumption.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think if I was playing this game I wouldn't trust that players in the game weren't reading this thread, and would post the wildest of claims in here just to see if it affected people's views of me. Such as claiming Day Vig, Claiming Jester etc. Would just be fun to do for the lulz.

As an aside about Ninja, I think the first time I played a game with a neighborhood like this I would have assumed that everyone in it was town unless the host specifically said "everyone in this neighborhood may or may not be town aligned", so if he's town I can't blame him for that assumption.
I actually took this from xkcd. There, you were allowed to post spoilers in the social thread as the game was going on, and I always did what you suggested and claimed a random role just to see. Everyone was very honest though! I think this is something that can only be done in a close-knit community.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I wonder how long it will take for people to realize that Ranmaru is scum...

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I secretly think Sabrar is scum, but I won't get traction to lynch him D1 and if I'm right and say it I'll definately get killed N1. He might kill me N1 anyway... which if he does I forgive him in advance, that's the game.

The tell was that he prodded me and then I gave a half made up response and then he dropped it. Town Sabrar would be tunneling me harder or not been concerned at all. It just seems like he's trying to come up with something to interact about but doesn't want actual conflict.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Arrgh, this game just takes too much time to play.

I've come to the realization that I'd be happy lynching Ninja, just a huge liability even if Town, playing the game on a completely different level, separated from everyone.
If George is scum this game then he's just doing a splendid job. But I can't allow myself to second-guess each decision so I will probably sheep him from here on out.
BF and LG both seem reserved. But BF says it's because irl and LG soft-claimed a vote-relating power. I don't think scum would do that at this point but with LG it's hard to be sure.
Why the f*ck is Maven like that?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Wiisp said:
hmm this is gunna be more fun
I kinda hope Ninja isnt a wolf, and there is at least one really strong wolf
two would be like the icing on a cake for me
lol, love Wisp

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have solved the game. Scum are: Boom, UP, Jack. I don't know how I will go about lynching them, but I'm deciding how and when to push Boom.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Why do I have the feeling that Wiisp is a Lyncher for me? :joyful:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Now that I've knocked out the tests I was studying for, I kind of regret not signing up as a real player for this! LOL

I really want to make observations like with my thinking cap on. I've read the thread a little, first couple of pages, but I'll continue when I get like pen, pencil and paper. I know two of my scumreads now are Ran and Jack. I think Jack's vote on Laser for the emojis was super super sketch and I don't believe it came from a town perspective. It was a complete unwillingness to entertain it at all, it was just... a vote. Like a vote to drive a mislynch. Like he didn't even consider oh it's a gambit, or he didn't try to analyze it or give it order as Ran did. Putting your vote out like that on D1 is a surefire way to knock out a town player and it wasn't even a warning like Wiisp did (I think he said if it continued later on he'd vote). Like Wiisp is the type to stab without warning, but Jack stabs as a warning LMAO

But I'm suspicious of Ran BECAUSE he ignored Jack's vote at the start. For a little while the only three votes on Laser were Ran, Sab, and Jack. Ran was questioning Sab but it seems like he didn't bat an eye towards Jack at all when he hopped on the wagon. I also read some post from him in the thread where he had 4 scum in the bottom of his readlist and he was like "I'm confident I have the game solved." I haven't played with Ran before so he could just be the type to have a lotta gusto, in which case I admire that! but I feel like that level of confidence is dangerous. It looks to me like scum outlining their plans for the rest of the game and just going down the list, getting mislynch after mislynch. But I could be wrong! He's a driving force of the game (Ran) and I don't see why scum would want to carry the game on their back to the extent Ran is :laugh:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Leading a town is hard work. Now I may be doubting if Boom is scum but I need to re-read. I could go for an UP lynch. He is avoiding the thread hard body. Still want to re-read his early game though. I'm glad Sabrar is around so there can be competing wagons kind of. It's hard to get reads from people if they all follow you. Which is why I prefer to snap around times like these. (Snapping from Ninja to Boom to create chaos so it's hard for scum to adapt)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm not actually worried about the wagon here. Sabrar will pop on and say this is normal for me. Ran will lose steam and look elsewhere. Absolute worst case I can say I'll be able to demonstrate my towniness D2 and we lynch Ninja3DS instead.

@ Ninja3DS. Regardless of alignment thanks for being a good sport and not just quitting halfway through D1. That was a pretty rough start. Hope you try again.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm hoping Boom flips scum here. I think it's likely that he'll be lynched
my prediction:

Boom (3) - Ran, Wisp, Jack, Pythag, Ninja, Maven
Ninja (2) - Laser, Boom, Sabrar, UP, Z

Now I may be wrong and UP votes Boom. Due to UP's position in town right now, he may be forced to also bus for whatever little town cred he can have.

Top Bottom