• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oakland riots.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe that apparently the sort of property damage caused in the riots is normal in San Francisco.

I posted a rant about it. I'm tired of the Bay Area residents being nothing but animals.

Wrath of God

Smash Rookie
uhh, i live in the bay area, like 40 minutes from oakland. the cop was outraged with the resisting black and intended to shoot him and kill him. the story about him "accidentally thinking the gun was his tazer" is a lie; the media doesnt want to give police that bad of a name. Its called propaganda; its all over. Welcome to reality... and even if this story is believed to be true, a flaw is present; the cop should have had his safety ON.

You dont think its messed that a black resisting arrest gets his life ended? Of course people are going to riot and protest...its outrageous. If you listen to rap or underground rap/hip-hop, this is exactly what the MC's mean when the cops aim flame at them because of their color, sterotype, or even such personality.

So i would really appreciate it if you not call ALL the bay area residents (i dont even live in oakland; i had nothing to do with it and im being titled as an animal!) animals.. I would also appreciate next time that you look at both sides of the story and use critical thinking so we can prevent ignorance...

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I live in the Bay Area too but these riots are accomplishing nothing. They say their enemy is the police but they trash cars and neighborhoods that don't even belong to the police. Rioters want police to be scared but they don't even know the insane amount of bull**** a cop has to deal with on the job. Oakland riots are accomplishing nothing.

Wrath of God

Smash Rookie
I live in the Bay Area too but these riots are accomplishing nothing. They say their enemy is the police but they trash cars and neighborhoods that don't even belong to the police. Rioters want police to be scared but they don't even know the insane amount of bull**** a cop has to deal with on the job. Oakland riots are accomplishing nothing.
they deliver a message

Grunt

Smash Master
A message isn't really worth destroying property of innocent people.
That's usually the cowardly way out, instead of fighting your issue head on.

Wrath of God

Smash Rookie
A message isn't really worth destroying property of innocent people.
That's usually the cowardly way out, instead of fighting your issue head on.
well of course it isnt, im not disagreeing with you guy. A riot simply delivers a message of in which this case is "You shouldnt have killed an innocent black. You are going to pay for it"

im just saying thats what the rioting does, bu theres so many non violent ways to handle the issue as well

Top Bottom