• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O' Smashathon - Dublin, Ireland: Melee/PM tournament footage

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
"O' Smashathon" (yes really) took place on the 31st of May, and somehow materialised 30+ Melee and Project M players who had never met before into a really hype day of games.

I would say this was the first properly competitive Irish Smash tournament, with levels of play I haven't personally seen in a Dublin event.

Northern Ireland's Smash scene proved the most powerful, and took the top 3 in both games.

Full Irish games playlist is here (but starts from this tournament):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPsKiqKeYc&list=PLJM6s5crj24sSN6QqZ8xPCm99564EXuKb&index=12

Videos/Game order goes:
  • Shakycam Project M early games
  • Properly recorded HD PM stream with player cams for latter games
  • Shakycam Melee early games
  • Properly recorded HD Melee stream with player cams for latter games
As a bonus, since all Irish videos are in that one playlist, I've started adding the "NOMDOCON" from this Saturday just past, which are properly recorded HD videos with player cams AND full commentary.

Scroll to the end of the playlist to see those and get more Irish Smash content that you can shake a homerun bat at!

Vorr1k

Smash Rookie
Cheers dave, looking forward to more footage from nom doc being posted on youtube too!

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, there doesn't' seem to be a project M video topic, so I'm just bumping this one.

All the videos from NOMDOCON have now been uploaded.
What distinguishes these from previously linked vids is that they all have commentary; and I did my best to try and rotate the people on the mics in and out so that we'd have a good variety of people, and different combinations to see if any two commentators worked together better than any others.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated on this way of doing things:

CKT Fergus Kirby vs Lythero Link

Mscupcakes + Deadeyedave on Commentary

---

Naphiel Marth vs Mikenyan Link

Mscupcakes + Deadeyedave on Commentary

---

DeadEyeDave (Wario) vs Lythero (Link/Captain Falcon)

VOA + Mscupcakes on Commentary

---

DeadEyeDave (Marth/Luigi) vs Aidan (Zelda/Shiek)

Doctor Doom + Mikenyan on Commentary

---

Winners Final Aidan (Zelda/Shiek) vs Conor(Ness)

Mikenyan + Mscupcakes on Commentary

---

Eoghan (Peach) vs Lythero (Link)

Mikenyan + Aidan on Commentary

---

Eoghan (Peach) vs Mikenyan (Link)

Mscupcakes + Aidan on Commentary

---

Losers-Semi Eoghan (Peach) vs Deadeyedave (Samus/Marth)

Conor + Aidan on Commentary

---

Losers-Final Eoghan (Peach) vs Conor (Ness)

Delectable Deadeyedave + Aidan on Commentary

---

Grand-Final Eoghan (Peach) vs Aidan (Shiek/Zelda)

Deadeyedave + Mikenyan on Commentary

Top Bottom