• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

O.H.S.N.A.P. 3, Oklahoma Tournament, August 11 ***IMPORTANT VENUE AND TIME CHANGE!***

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
O.H.S.N.A.P. 3
Oklahoma Hosts Smash - Need a Pummeling?

THE VENUE AND TIMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED! READ THE NEW DETAILS BELOW!

When: August 11th, 3:30 PM - Whenever we're done.
Where: OKC Northeast Inc.
1500 NE 4th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73117

Costs: Singles: $10 per entrant
Doubles: $20 per team
$2 Venue fee
Payout: 65/25/10

Rules

4 stock

8 minute time limit

2/3 sets, 3/5 for semi-finals and finals.

No items

In the event of a tie: sudden death is played out, then the winner of that chooses the stage for the final extra 1 stock 2 minute match

First stage random or agreed upon

Dave's Stupid Rule: no stage you previously won on can be repicked unless it's allowed by the other player(s)

Double blind character picks if necessary for first match (i.e. upon request)

Stage striking: each player can strike one stage for the entire set.

Advanced slob picks: loser picks stage, then winner picks character, then loser picks character

Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned. You know what we mean when we say this so don't try and pull any ****.

Bomb Custom Rule (BCR): If something is mutually agreed upon, you may play it (outside of changing the best 2/3, items, and 4 stock). In other words, if you hate DSR, Stage Knockouts, Counter Picking (just wanna go Double Blind?), etc, declare before hand and you don't have to use it. Also, if you do agree to it, and you lose, you're screwed, don't come crying to us.

The technique of employing an infinite grab (also known as "Wobbling", "doing the Wobbles", and "getting Wobbly with it") with the Ice Climbers is forbidden.

Teams rules: team attack on and life stealing allowed

1 v 1 Random Stages: Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield.

2 v 2 Random Stages: Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield.

Stages Banned for 1v1 only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Stages Banned for 2v2 only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City

Stages Banned for 1v1 and 2v2: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Onett, and Kongo Jungle

Here it is, OHSNAP3! For a brief history of the OHSNAP (an acronym coined by yours truly) series, OHSNAP1 was run back in the Summer of 2006 and was Oklahoma's first interstate tournament, with Dallas, Texas and Wichita, Kansas making appearances. OHSNAP1 brought out a turnout of roughly 40 players and was won by Dr. Drew the Dragon (with teams being won by Drew and Changsta).

OHSNAP2 was held in Winter of 2006 and, along with Dallas and Wichita, was graced by the presence of Austin, TX and San Antonio, TX, and the first tournament in Oklahoma to feature professional talent such as Caveman and FastLikeTree. OHSNAP2 brought in roughly 60 players, and was held over a two-day span. However, due to inconvenient housing arrangments, Dallas, the "pro-division" of Austin, and some players from OK did not show up the second day, an error that we are rectifying by fitting OHSNAP3 into a single day. The singles tournament was won by Caveman, with FastLikeTree and Xelic winning teams.

With the OHSNAP history recounted, it is now time to fix our attention upon OHSNAP3! OHSNAP3 is expecting involvement from the same regions as last time, as well as expected Colorado and Arizona involvement this time around. However, we hope for this tournament to attract even more of an outcome, and we would highly enjoy the presence of anyone who is interested! The more people show up, the bigger the pot will be, and that's more money that YOU could be taking home! As stated earlier, OHSNAP3 is expected to be fit into a single day, in which the singles and doubles tournaments will take place, as well as any other tournaments that we may have time for (low tier, crews). Housing is available for those who do not wish to make the drive back home overnight. We may even host a Smashfest the next day, for those who would like to stay longer. The venue at which we are hosting this event, the University of Oklahoma, is very comfortable and has built in food courts, as well as many nearby dining facilities. We are also a friendly bunch (if I do say so myself), and enjoy meeting Smashers from different regions. For those of you who are attending OC3, there will be four of us who you will have the chance to meet: KOS-MOS, South_Paw, Po Pimpus, and Rasta Imposta. OHSNAP3 will feature players of all skill levels (even pro, as, while I wouldn't quite say that OK's best has reached that level [we're getting there, though ;)] [well, actually, I think that KOS-MOS and South Paw might have jumped up to that level while they were at OC3], we do expect professional talent to show up, as like last time), and should be enjoyable for anyone. So come on down (or up, depending on where you live), play Smash, meet new people, and have an enjoyable time!

Here is the original thread made in the Southwest boards by Rasta Imposta, who more or less organized this. If there are any questions, I will gladly answer them to the best of my ability :)

Also, I will most likely be putting together a compilation of montage from OHSNAP2 in order to give a glimpse of what went down then. This is something which I may hopefully have done soon, perhaps over the weekend.

Current Attendees
-Zinth
-Dokkoise
-Po Pimpus
-Samused Away
-King Gt
-Gravity
-The Irish Dude
-Crackboom
-Outlaw
-Wes
-Tyler
-Darkness of Heart
-Dr. Drew the Dragon
-TGM
-SideEffect
-Mouf
-Columbian Falcon
-KOS-MOS
-South Paw
-Vegafuse
-KrazyKirbyKid
-Yokoson
-Sethlon
-Chubbs
-Shanx
-Pay$
-Scud
-Chang-Sta
-Dirt Snake
-Dirt Snake's Friend I
-Dirt Snake's Friend II
-Dirt Snake's Friend III
-Wild Boris
-Bluezaft
-Wobbles
-Smiles?
-Caveman?
-Rob$?
-Zulu?
-Forkgirl?
-Shade

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hazygoose here :D
i can has bracket job? i've been doing it for the last 2 and will fealsies left out if not this time :\

preregistering now. expect me in single and scud and i in doubles. scud will most likely do singles, too.

also, i can bring 1 setup and 1 television.

edit: also scud can house a few people. the people who want housing will have to talk to scud or i about it. pm me as early as possible. also note that scud and i live closer to OU than any other smasher. ALSO note that the people who stayed with me last year get first dibs, and wichita gets 2nd dibs.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Indeed! Finally, its going down! As Omega_Star has so eloquently stated, this is the premiere event for Smash in Oklahoma. I would like to see as much participation from without as well as within from all Smashers of any skill. Even if you don't think you won't stand a chance, you should still come and see how the pros(and almost-pros) play. You can learn so much just from watching, not to mention that there will be friendly non-tournament matches for everyone to play.

Now, I have to go and get ready for OC3, so this is my preregistry. I will bring a setup and hopefully a VCR. Also, this time I will be filming as much as possible, seeing as this will be Melee's last major moment in Oklahoma. I hope to see a lot more top players at this one as well.

One last thing, someone should get with Rasta and see if we can add some additional prizes (maybe an OOS bonus for any non-Oklahoman who places first?) That would really increase out-of-state interest for sure. Now, I'm off to sunny California in order to recruit some top talent for this.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
With all due respect Dokkoise, we would prefer that you also let Drew help you with the brackets. Mostly for things like seeding and making sure no one from a certain area has to play people they know from their area right off the bat. (i.e. no oklahoma playing oklahoma first round and no Dallas playing Dallas etc for the the other places) Kinda just a precautionary measure on something that has bugged people in the past.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
With all due respect Dokkoise, we would prefer that you also let Drew help you with the brackets. Mostly for things like seeding and making sure no one from a certain area has to play people they know from their area right off the bat. (i.e. no oklahoma playing oklahoma first round and no Dallas playing Dallas etc for the the other places) Kinda just a precautionary measure on something that has bugged people in the past.
both problems in the past were because tournament director 2.0 sucks balls.
it puts people in the loser's bracket against people they already played.
if you'll remember though, OHSNAP 1 dallas people wanted doh to fight pablo and kirbykid to fight me, so we did. problem fixed. OHSNAP 2 austin rc faced pablo instead of jesusfreak, who played kos-mos. again, problem solved.
this year i'll only be using tournament director to keep track of who has payed/registered and such.
rasta and i plan to get an overhead projector to show the brackets at all times.

seeding has always been done on location, i'll put some pre-brackets up a couple days before the tourny so OOSers can complain or compliment things as they wish so i can change stuff if i have to. also, i'm going to have the losers bracket work so that you won't play someone you already lost to really quickly like tournament director does a lot.

i think that's fair...if you have any objections though, just throw some out.

Gravity

Smash Ace
ha, po, and anyone else with a camera, dont feel restricted to just filming matches, a montage would be cool, and could build up hype for ohsnap4.

anyway, count me in. i can bring a setup sans tv.

anyway, whoever feels they are qualified to do so, go to other states social threads and advertise. also, anyone who wants to come should tell all their friends etc.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
yea im preregistering as well. i can bring 1 tv and 1 GC. dang im coming back late friday night just to go to this the same wknd crazy!

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
This is me preregistering.

I am also preregistering 3 friends that will come; Outlaw, Wes, and Tyler.

We can bring 1 setup: tv, smash, cube

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, idea: let's just not do low-tier this year unless like 20 people request it. just not worth the time.
doubles then singles and yay the end. or singles then doubles, whatever.

Dirt Snake

Smash Rookie
Sounds cool. I will try and get there with my team. and can you join the singles and dubles or just one?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I was going to team with forward at ohsnap2, but then he got stuck in a blizzard and i only went for the first day, so effectively i only went to ohsnap2 for low tier :(

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Who's hetero? Anyways speaking of T.V.s, I can remember last time this one guy thought some of you were stealing moniters(monitors?).

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah, really, thats just mean. to physically strike us all with your foot and or feet?
that crosses the line bro. thats below the belt.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
So, uh... I'm trying to get this tournament into the MOAST Circuit, which would simultaneously revive the MOAST Circuit from its inactive state.

Yay me?

Top Bottom