• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nut Up Or Shut Up 1

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

If you need to reach me: 443-204-3967 (Just text me if it's small details or you need help finding the place).

Schedule:
10:00 am- Doors open and friendlies may commence.
11:00 am- Fees for doubles and Venue are taken.
12:00 pm- Doubles begins.
3:00 pm- Singles fee is taken.
4:00 pm- Singles begins.
7:00 pm- Side event if time permits (Unlikely)

Conduct rules:
1. No foul language.
2. Keep trash talk to a minimum.
3. No drugs or alcohol on the premises. Food and drinks are allowed and you get one free soda for paying venue fee. There is designated areas for smoking cigarettes and you just need to ask me where they are.
4. Tournament organizer has final rulings on all game related matters.
5. Game hosts have final rulings on all legal issues pertaining to the upper deck.

Rules about where to park:
There is a parking lot 1 block down from the store. There are signs posted where it is. You can stop your car at the store to take out your tv, but you have to park at the lot or you will get towed. It's not far at all.

Stream:
There will be a stream for the tourney. I'd like Terrence Kershaw and Phillip Visu to run it/commentate if possible. Vg won't be here. No unnecessary people on commentary without my permission.

About going in the venue:
To go to the area where we will be playing you will have to go to the back of the store. There is a door that will lead into the upper deck where the tourney will be hosting. It is a apartment at the top that is vacant so there will be plenty of room. It will also be air conditioned. If you want to go downstairs merely go back outside and walk down to the front of the store to purchase/look at comic books/hot sauce/magic cards.

Tournament Prices:

$10 Venue fee
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles per teammate

Setup Discounts:

Each Tv and Wii brought in give $5 off of Venue fee. This means that if someone brought both a Tv and a Wii then the Venue fee would be waived entirely (This will only be for the first 5 full setups).

Prizes

Up to 30 people:
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

More than 30 people:
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 25%
3rd Place - 10%
4th Place - 5%

Ellicott City, MD 21043

Parking: DON'T park at the store or the place behind it. You will be towed. There is a giant parking lot a block down from the game/magic store in the epicenter of Old Ellicott City.

Official Ruleset (None of that Japanese list/no DSR/no banning neutrals bull****):

Stages

Neutrals:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counter Picks:

* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Frigate Orpheon

Rules

* 3 Stock
* 8 min. time limit
* Ledge grab limit: 35
* No Items
* Double Elimination
* All standing and walking infinites are banned except for :popo:'s
* :metaknight:'s Infinite cape is BANNED
* DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
* First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
* If a player successfully ends the match with either :bowser2: or :ganondorf:'s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
* If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player’s realized it or not.
* If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
* Each set is Best of 3. Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* You may not distract (ex: screaming at them to get out of an infinite) your opponent, penalty is a loss for that match of the set.
* Double :metaknight: in teams is banned.

Food nearby: Qdoba's, Burger King, Checkers, McDonalds, Subway, McDonalds, and many more.

If you can't handle the competition then you will look like this poor :018::

:018:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
In this.

Though the dumb stages have returned. Also, I like the blind pick rule, but what do you mean by settling disputes with rock-paper-scissors over blind picks?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Legit, non-game disrupting stages > using a dumb stage to win instead of outplaying opponents purely based on skill. I didn't say anything about banning neutrals or dsr tho.

Still don't get the Rock-paper-scissors thing

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Hmm this is interesting but sadly ill pass on this one

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Hey, what's up guys? I'll be in Frederick/Baltimore at this time and apparently this is close to there so I can try and make it. I'm going to be in town for that week from Florida, and I'll try my best to go.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Learned today that I won't be able to come to this. Mom has a important meeting on the 11th.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Alright whose coming? This is a week from now guys and confirmations would be much appreciated.

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Will this be Live streamed?

:017:
That'd be nice. I could easily livestream this if my brother gave me his cpu and I don't know if the comic book store has internet, but I imagine it does.

I'll call tomorrow and check with the owner.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Im coming to this
Nice. Bring your friends if they play!

This event gonna be good.

For any new players: I will setup an area specifically for you to play because as a new player it can be stressful waiting around for a Tv and I want you guys to get a good experience from this. I will personally play any newcomer if they ask me when I'm not busy doing tourney matches, getting food, or officiating as the TO :).

PokemonMasterJamal3

Smash Apprentice
Who all is confirmed for this, Seagull? I'm coming either way, but I'd like to know anyway, just to see if I can get some good practice in to prepare. :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Who all is confirmed for this, Seagull? I'm coming either way, but I'd like to know anyway, just to see if I can get some good practice in to prepare. :)
D1aos
Kadaj
Logic
Lie
Tc1
Stark
Deez
Myself
Pokemonmasterjamal3
Luckay
Pink Fresh
Korn
Noid
Lionhart
Bert
EE
Darkflame
Goofball
Bloodynite
Beekay
Axel
Poyo
Zander
Esoj
Chudat
Kingtoon
Xzax
Uno
6wx
Eazy
Boss

I will only have a max occupancy of 35 people.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Conduct rules:
1. No foul language.
2. Keep trash talk to a minimum.
3. No drugs or alcohol on the premises. Food and drinks are allowed and you get one free soda for paying venue fee. There is designated areas for smoking cigarettes and you just need to ask me where they are.
4. Tournament organizer has final rulings on all game related matters.
5. Game hosts have final rulings on all legal issues pertaining to the upper deck.

Rules about where to park:
There is a parking lot 1 block down from the store. There are signs posted where it is. You can stop your car at the store to take out your tv, but you have to park at the lot or you will get towed. It's not far at all.

Stream:
There will be a stream for the tourney. I'd like Terrence Kershaw and Phillip Visu to run it/commentate if possible. Vg won't be here. No unnecessary people on commentary without my permission.

About going in the venue:
To go to the area where we will be playing you will have to go to the back of the store. There is a door that will lead into the upper deck where the tourney will be hosting. It is a apartment at the top that is vacant so there will be plenty of room. It will also be air conditioned. If you want to go downstairs merely go back outside and walk down to the front of the store to purchase/look at comic books/hot sauce/magic cards.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
put a most likely next to my name just incase my car explodes on me again on my way there again

by the way anyone interested in MAYBE doing doubles with me?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
put a most likely next to my name just incase my car explodes on me again on my way there again

by the way anyone interested in MAYBE doing doubles with me?
This is why you should join the Fb group where everyone posts now. Nobody will likely respond here loool.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lemme know. I can't have too many people at this venue or I will get in some trouble. Might need to talk with the store owner.

I can only have a max of 35 people do in making a confirm list now.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
KT, I should be able to have 3-4 people from your group since Kenny's carpool is no longer going and Tk dropped.

Lionhart

Smash Rookie
I Wouldnt mind Teaming with PF, TC1 or Joe.

Dunno if any of yall already made your teams :/

Top Bottom