• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Number of Stages

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I think we had 29 in Melee, and 9 in Smash64. About half from Smash 64 returned to to Melee. So we can expect the same if not more. I also expect us getting some classic trophy stages (i.e. Goompa). Anyways the point is I'm expecting 45-50ish. Which is a great number if you ask me. Personally I'm tired of only having 6 stages that you can play on randomly. I would love to have at least 15 stages on random. Discuss.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Sounds about right, and it's Goomba, not Goompa. But yeah, the game would be a better experience if we had more stages, not just a set number of fair stages.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I have to agree with that number, 40-45ish seems right with the number of stages announced and to be announced and those that could reappear from previous games.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Good number. I'd like to see every character get their own stage, along with a few classics and neutral (FD and BF) stages. I just hope they get a good Metroid stage in this time around.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I dunno about that number. I'm still sticking with theory on Sakurai's ideology being "Quality over Quantity". I especially see this in stages more than anything else. The backgrounds and stage designs are extremely detailed and intricate. It's clear that these levels are given much more thought and time than previous game stages.
I mean,
-Lylat Cruise goes through an entire orbit ending in an epic space fight,
-Castle Siege sends the players along a chronological path through destruction of a castle under siege (thus the name),
-Smashville has been given the "synch with real time" theme,
-Sky World makes you feel like you actually are in heaven from the beautiful artistic civilization in the clouds designed in the background.

I only expect a few more than what we got in Melee. I also think this because even if we get the same number as Melee, it will feel like we got more, because the vast majority of Melee levels are unplayable, and I mean, even on a casual level too. I didn't want to play on Poke Floats or Big Blue when I first saw them, and I still don't.

Scorpi0n1386

Smash Rookie
I think 40 seems about enough because I think Sakurai will incorporate older stages to return along with the newer ones. I can definitely see some of the popular older stages returning from Melee and N64.

Top Bottom