• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

number of characters at 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elee88

Smash Cadet
I saw a post with a bunch of you saying that there's going to be about 40-45 characters, but I personally think that's way too many characters for a super smash game. You guys talk about the ratios, but I don't think ratios don't make a big factor in determining the number of characters there are going to be in this game. I think there's going to be around 30 to 35 (Max). You guys will probably bash me, but there's 23 right now, I think 7 to 10 more characters would be satisfiable. Having too many characters defeats the trying out all the characters and finding the one that you like idea.

elee88

Smash Cadet
Here's my predictions as to who's coming back
Luigi
Gannondorf (not a clone of capt. falcon hopefully)
Capt. Falcon
Retro Character (Game and watch?)
Falco or Krystal
and 3-8 other characters that are most requested by this board basically
personally I would love to see megaman so hopefully he's in brawl, but I really really can't see more than 7 other than megaman being in brawl.

but then i'm a smash n00b supposedly so... i'm probably wrong. so enlighten me smash pros.

elee88

Smash Cadet
sorry my laptop sucks and i had to post 3 different things in order to say everything i wanted to say. Please say your opinion on this matter. thank you.

Boofer

Smash Ace
This will probably be closed. You might want to post your predictions in one of the other possible player list topics.

IMO, 30 is way too low. I don't think it's likely considering that all but two of the characters on the dojo are starters. Do you really think that we have a chance of being given only 9 secret characters? Going from 25 to 30 characters between games would be a stupid mistake. Also, I highly doubt that most of the secrets will be veterans.

elee88

Smash Cadet
what is the forum that talk about this? could you give me a link?

I also want to know how you know that all but two of the characters on the dojo are starters. I thought characters like Diddy, Sonic, Snake, Metaknight would be unlockable characters.

elee88

Smash Cadet
yea but how do you know all but those two characters would be the starter characters. I wanna see proof of this. I really don't want 40 characters to choose from especially from characters I personally, which I 'm not going to say, don't belong in this game but have some support on this forum. I don't know.

Boofer

Smash Ace
yea but how do you know all but those two characters would be the starter characters. I wanna see proof of this. I really don't want 40 characters to choose from especially from characters I personally, which I 'm not going to say, don't belong in this game but have some support on this forum. I don't know.
Honestly, there is no proof. It's all speculation, but I can confidently say what is likely based on few things:

1. SamuraiPanda's translations:
SamuraiPanda said:
#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "
Emphasis on "just like Smash fist" which was the melee site. The secrets weren't revealed until the game was released.

2. King Dedede's inclusion in the first event match: In melee, the first event matches didn't have secret characters, and the ones that did usually required you to unlock the character first.

3. A few of the characters that were thought to be secrets were on the official cover for the game; this hasn't happend in past smash games.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Here's my predictions as to who's coming back
Luigi
Gannondorf (not a clone of capt. falcon hopefully)
Capt. Falcon
Retro Character (Game and watch?)
Falco or Krystal
and 3-8 other characters that are most requested by this board basically
personally I would love to see megaman so hopefully he's in brawl, but I really really can't see more than 7 other than megaman being in brawl.

but then i'm a smash n00b supposedly so... i'm probably wrong. so enlighten me smash pros.
Other people have said this, but if your acualy interested enough to come to these forums then you are probly going to play this game up untill another comes out, plenty of time to try a lot of new chars out

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's pleanty of topics about discussing the rough idea of numbers of characters. just search "character numbers"

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else think only non unlockable stuff will be annouced?
I think with the amount of time and development they have already put into the game they should have about 50 characters, so I think that the Dojo will only annouce starters.
As for the whole interview thing, Third partys ma not be unlockable anymore, because they already changed there mind about the 2-3 third party thing according to the delay info and I think thats why they took so long to annouce snake at the dojo, because he was going to be unlockable, but not any more. Another point is that people who rent the game or little kids will want to play as Sonic right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom