• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now what do we do?

Cynapse

Smash Ace
"In summary, we are ceasing development of Project M (effective immediately) and will be making no further releases..."
ellipsis.jpg
I'm so lost. help pls

Ivko

Smash Rookie
Find a good place to host the downloads, and keep playing.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
this all came as such a shock to me. I thought there were a ton of things planned for future releases. i was waiting for more clone engine characters and everything :(
It would be awesome if somehow some of their work was completed in the future but i doubt it

I'm glad we do have PM3.6 to still play though. Thanks to the pmdt for everything.

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be sweet if they dropped their unreleased stuff in one giant download. I mean it's work that's going to go to waste, and I think we'd all greatly appreciate it. I mean maybe there is some reason we don't know about concerning why they can't do that, but I think that's the best way they could end things. Drop one massive bomb of content and be gone before the smoke clears.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think it'd be sweet if they dropped their unreleased stuff in one giant download. I mean it's work that's going to go to waste, and I think we'd all greatly appreciate it. I mean maybe there is some reason we don't know about concerning why they can't do that, but I think that's the best way they could end things. Drop one massive bomb of content and be gone before the smoke clears.
I agree. There is so much content that will be going to waste! Even if we had some incomplete things it would be nice to have for people to play around with and even partially complete. And I mean.. it would have been nice to have one more official final release as a goodbye :(

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Just a thought.. a very unlikely thought.. but still...
What if their future project involves...

hacking into Smash 4 :estatic::psycho::joyful::bluejump::upsidedown::smash::eek::surprised:

Szion

Smash Journeyman
this all came as such a shock to me. I thought there were a ton of things planned for future releases. i was waiting for more clone engine characters and everything :(
It would be awesome if somehow some of their work was completed in the future but i doubt it

I'm glad we do have PM3.6 to still play though. Thanks to the pmdt for everything.
This so much. we got mewtwo andd roy. andd lyn/knux were around the dam corner. i hope we get a leak or a release for those two oh my lord.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Things are very slowly ramping up in the SSB4 modding scene. Give them about a year, I'm sure something similar will have started by then.
I hope so :p
I feel like a year is even too soon though.. I'd figure if they (or anyone) was to get into smash 4 deep enough, it would be in another few years for any actual mod releases (let alone a FULL mod release like project M)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Smash Cadet
I'll keep playing PM as long as I can; if it gets to the point that I can't find anyone to play it with anymore I'll play more Melee. Smash 4 doesn't really appeal to me, and it hurts to think the removal is probably because of Smash 4.

I agree that it would be very nice if they dumped the unadded content, see Knuckles and Lyn finished by fans and be able to add headband Jiggs and Awakening Roy to our builds. This is just such a shame, and I know it's a C&D no matter what they say, it's too sudden for it to be anything else.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'll keep playing PM as long as I can; if it gets to the point that I can't find anyone to play it with anymore I'll play more Melee. Smash 4 doesn't really appeal to me, and it hurts to think the removal is probably because of Smash 4.

I agree that it would be very nice if they dumped the unadded content, see Knuckles and Lyn finished by fans and be able to add headband Jiggs and Awakening Roy to our builds. This is just such a shame, and I know it's a C&D no matter what they say, it's too sudden for it to be anything else.
Yeah this is such a sudden thing. They were just recruiting new animators and showed us new costumes and everything. So much work that isnt gona be released. It kinda doesnt make sense when theres so much stuff theyve done since last release! I dont know how they arent releasing 3.6b or i duno somethinggg that we can have fun with as a parting gift. I mean everything theyve done has been a gift. So i cant complain too much. It's just so unexpected

Top Bottom