• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that Mii & Amibo are confirmed, Do you think...

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Do you think that since Mii's have been revealed and are able to be ported from your Wii U as playable characters do you think that with Amibo figures that if Nintendo releases a Animal Crossing Villager figurine, that it can be used to port your customized villager in either your Animal Crossing New Leaf game or if a new Wii U Animal Crossing is released to Smash Bros through that (Villager) Amibo figure?

So that your Villager can have custom clothes and hats...etc that you have in your games which aren't available in the costumes available as default in Smash.

Discuss

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Unlikely as cool as that'd be.
That's fair, but with the likelihood that of all Smash Bros characters confirmed as playable will eventually get an amibo figurine since it is the first game that has Amibo support, what other purpose would the villager amibo play, I see it as being the only link between Smash Bros and Animal Crossing, and since there aren't any other games Villager's exist in, it'll be hard to imagine what else they could do with that figure.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
That's fair, but with the likelihood that of all Smash Bros characters confirmed as playable will eventually get an amibo figurine since it is the first game that has Amibo support, what other purpose would the villager amibo play, I see it as being the only link between Smash Bros and Animal Crossing, and since there aren't any other games Villager's exist in, it'll be hard to imagine what else they could do with that figure.
They would have to remake every Shirt, Dress, Sock pair, Pant, Hat, Accessory, etc. for the smash model in both the wiiu and the 3ds version as well as be compatible with wearable DLC from Nintendo and custom designs. I highly doubt they'd want to put that much time into a single character.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
They would have to remake every Shirt, Dress, Sock pair, Pant, Hat, Accessory, etc. for the smash model in both the wiiu and the 3ds version as well as be compatible with wearable DLC from Nintendo and custom designs. I highly doubt they'd want to put that much time into a single character.
I mean even though I do agree it would be difficult, at the same time with the existence of Miis in the game, Smash bros has to be able to model every feature a person's mii has from the little details in the eyebrows to the mii's height, so I doubt it would be impossible for it to be able to happen.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I mean even though I do agree it would be difficult, at the same time with the existence of Miis in the game, Smash bros has to be able to model every feature a person's mii has from the little details in the eyebrows to the mii's height, so I doubt it would be impossible for it to be able to happen.
But the thing is both the 3ds and the wii u already have the mii assets and program to display their faces. The head/nose model and the eye/mouth/eyebrow/etc. textures never change from the mii maker on that system (Plus miis are made for being inserted into various games) whereas the villager's model is different than the new leaf models and the wii u hasn't had a full animal crossing game on it yet so they don't even have assets to pull from and most of it they'd have to make from scratch. It's a cool concept, but a lot of work.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Doubtful. We may get, at the very least, a female Villager Amiibo.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yes, no company ever had options to select on a computer to be made and sent to your home o_O

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yes, no company ever had options to select on a computer to be made and sent to your home o_O
Can you rephrase that? I have re-read it several times and for some reason I can not understand it. Did I make a typo? Also the OP mentioned what other use would the amiibo for the characters with a single game or less have (Like the ice climbers, Game & Watch, R.O.B., etc.- does anyone feel like this means more crossovers may happen in the future? Wonderful 101 was supposed to be a Nintendo crossover game originally and maybe we will finally get Smash Kart or something.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can you rephrase that? I have re-read it several times and for some reason I can not understand it. Did I make a typo? Also the OP mentioned what other use would the amiibo for the characters with a single game or less have (Like the ice climbers, Game & Watch, R.O.B., etc.- does anyone feel like this means more crossovers may happen in the future? Wonderful 101 was supposed to be a Nintendo crossover game originally and maybe we will finally get Smash Kart or something.
The idea on the villager was that it was impossible to have a cusomizable one made. For this, and the Mii, I say it absolutely will be an (expensive) option for this Nintendo cash cow.

It is very simple for a company to set up a website where you select what your character has based on clothing, height, etc; now, adding in just a couple poses, and it could easily make them a lot of money..

In regards to Money, i'm waiting for them to release characters like ridley or mewtwo in random expansion packs (meaning, you need to find them randomly in a ? amiiibo box)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The idea on the villager was that it was impossible to have a cusomizable one made. For this, and the Mii, I say it absolutely will be an (expensive) option for this Nintendo cash cow.

It is very simple for a company to set up a website where you select what your character has based on clothing, height, etc; now, adding in just a couple poses, and it could easily make them a lot of money..

In regards to Money, i'm waiting for them to release characters like ridley or mewtwo in random expansion packs (meaning, you need to find them randomly in a ? amiiibo box)
Selecting from a set is wayyyy different then importing from animal crossing itself. Animal crossing has hundreds of wearable items that they would need to make twice (For each version since, like I said earlier, the model has different dimensions than the actual game) plus keep it open for the custom designs people make and any upcoming wearable DLC nintendo releases for animal crossing. I see being to chose from a select bunch that they already made for the game much more likely than something this immense. Have you ever played an animal crossing game?

Top Bottom