• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 8, 2014] Matthews Smashers Meet Again!!! (Matthews/ Charlotte, NC)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
:lucario::falcon::yoshimelee::roypm::mewtwopm::bowsermelee::falconmelee::drmario::foxmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::peachmelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee::4shulk::rosalina::4pacman::4tlink::4greninja::nessmelee::pikachumelee::samusmelee::kirbymelee:

Hey Smashers!

We want to thank you for a GREAT Grand Opening on October 18th! The compliments about the venue and how impressed you were with the organization of the event and the pace of play were amazing to hear! It took a wonderful team to put it all together....Thank you team!!! A lot of great gamers showed up which made for some fierce competition! Thank you for all the feedback! We will strive to make these tourneys even better!

Here are the RESULTS of the
Matthews Smashers Grand OpeningTournament, October 18th, 2014

Project M: http://challonge.com/ck4wdg1e
Winners in PM: (Suspect #1, Karma #2, Goham#3)

Melee
:
http://challonge.com/ovv1x4nb

Winners in Melee: ( Suspect #1, Randomaster #2, Vorosh #3)

Smash 4 3ds: http://challonge.com/7kdacrgr
Winners in 3DS: ( H8MD #1 -far right, Suspect #2 in the middle, RandoMaster - far left)

Congratulations to the top 3 winners of each game
and to all those who participated and improved by this experience!!
:pirateship::frigate::battlefieldb: :dk64::falcon64::fox64::jigglypuff64::kirby64::link64::luigi64::mario64::ness64::pikachu64::samus64::eldin::fdb::norfair:

OUR NEXT TOURNAMENT IS NOVEMBER 8TH, 2014
Matthews Smashers Meet Again!!!

Registration and Warm-ups: 11:00AM. Registration ends promptly 15 minutes before tourney start time, so the brackets and seeding can be adjusted!

Start times: Project M at 12:00; Smash 4 3DS at 1:30; Melee at 3:00
(All tournaments are double elimination!)

Venue/Door Fee: $10.00 (We are in the midst of figuring out how many set- ups we need- Look back for possible discount on Venue fee)

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $5.00 - This $5.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

The Payout:
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%
4th place and beyond - Experience!

Venue Guidelines:
1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment
7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:
Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.

Hungry?
There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!

Don't Forget....
If you are entering in the Smash 4 3DS competition, please bring your Nintendo 3DS System, a charger, and your Smash 4 game. If you are entering Melee and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!

Melee Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dream Land
  • Fountain of Dreams
Counter-Pick:
  • Pokemon Stadium

Project M Ruleset

4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counter-Pick:
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Wario Ware
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Skyloft
  • Skyworld

Smash 4 3DS Ruleset
2 Stock, 8 Min, No items, No custom moves

Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination(Omega Modes)
  • Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Counterpicks:
  • Prism Tower
  • Arena Ferox

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AT MATTHEWS SMASHERS ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH!
UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!
:4robinm::4drmario::4dedede::4wiifit::4myfriends::4charizard::zerosuitsamus::zelda::wolf::4bowserjr::4ness::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::gw::4link::4lucario::4peach::4palutena:

Last edited:

the golfer

Smash Rookie
I went to the last tournament and it was amazing. They had so many CRT TV's which was awesome. This was the best venue I have ever been to. It looks like they are going to seed the brackets this time. Looking forward to it.

Anjel

Smash Rookie
This will probably be the first event I will actually go to. Should be interesting.

alyodie

Smash Cadet
I was wondering what the interest might be if we were to run a BRAWL tournament on the side? Either at this tournament or the next? Whats your thoughts?

Anjel

Smash Rookie
I'm coming from Norfolk VA. I got my car back so it should be a fun drive. :D I'm super excitiedd.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Didn't go. Please drop venue fee to $5. You own the venue and are also charging for food. The Charlotte SSB Facebook group thinks $10 would be reasonable if you were renting out the venue/providing food. Please try and lower it next time, 90% of Smash tournaments are $5 venue. Thank you.

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
$10 venue is fair, it's a great venue. It shouldn't ever be more than the pot though, so I actually think you should bump it up to $10 or keep everything at $5. Also add doubles for Smash Wii U when it releases please

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
Didn't go. Please drop venue fee to $5. You own the venue and are also charging for food. The Charlotte SSB Facebook group thinks $10 would be reasonable if you were renting out the venue/providing food. Please try and lower it next time, 90% of Smash tournaments are $5 venue. Thank you.
They provide about 15 complete CRTV setups, and run an amazing tournament. I'd give my $5 extra for that.

$10 venue is fair, it's a great venue. It shouldn't ever be more than the pot though, so I actually think you should bump it up to $10 or keep everything at $5. Also add doubles for Smash Wii U when it releases please
I agree, the pot for melee was like $110

Anjel

Smash Rookie
This was an awesome event, had a blast. Maybe next time Ill actually sleep more. Gratz to the winners and hopefully see you guys next time.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
This was everything I had hoped for and more. Got to meet some great people and congrats to Vorosh on melee and project m

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
I guess it got better since I was there last time. I think I'm just still salty about the seeding the first time I was there. I got 4th in PM and 3DS the first time, so hopefully when I go back next month (or next time) I'll be seeded higher.

Last edited:

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
Relying on the community to provide setups, ha ha that's gold. The venue is easily worth 10. It's their personal property that could be used for something else that day to make real money. Ten dollars to play hours of smash in a clean, roomy venue is worth it. Ten is the standard, $5 is usually for small card shops or house tournaments. Also, the venue is way better than Gamers Room.

Again, my only issue is lack of doubles, and the fact that entry fee is only $5. Should never be less than the venue, higher payout would bring more hype and competition. If the entry stays $5, then yes, I agree that the venue should be $5.

Last edited:

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
The food is overpriced? I bought two slices of pizza and a coke for 3 bucks! Please let me know where I could get that cheaper

Anjel

Smash Rookie
I thought the entire tournament was done rather well. Everyone was helpful and the prices were justifiable.

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hey Smashers,
Thank you for another awesome tournament! Congratulations to the "Top 3" in each tourney (pictured below) and to all who competed and gained more experience! Experience is invaluable.....the more you gain, the better you become! We are looking forward to our next monthly tournament on December 6th, the "Holiday Bash!" Details are being ironed out and will be posted soon! In the mean time, keep on "Smashing" and we hope to see YOU in our next tournament's "Top 3" pictures!!

Project M
Winners -(From left to right)
1st Place: Vorosh; 2nd Place: Marvin; 3rd Place: 6WX
PM:http://challonge.com/2a8p4kxb

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
Can someone link the Melee charlotte FB page? Can't seem to find it..

Only changes: Charge $10 tourney entrance pls, needs to be more competition!

Last edited:

Toastly

Smash Rookie
NNID
toasterjoint
I don't know if I'm the one that should post this, but I found the recorded matches here:

com/channel/UCphw6bgXDURoWli8YfL-kCQ/videos

I'm not allowed to post links without ten posts unfortunately, so this is all I can do. Just put a "youtube." in front of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom