• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nov. 3rd - Lincoln, NE - Tournament on the UNL Campus

Echo

Smash Champion
do you guys want us to come to this?
you guys can come if you like, but just dont come with high hopes, i wouldnt want you to be dissapointed... honestly i dont know how small it might be, we're hoping alot of people from the campus will come down, but we wont know for sure until saturday... though assuming you bring 1 car down, i'm sure you could probably earn the money back for the drive. would you be driving straight to/from the tourney, then?

anyhoo, if you would like to come down just to hang out and be cool and stuff, you're more than welcome =]

oh and yeah we should do a crew battle...
and does anyone have a camera, by chance?

edit - btw, for those of you staying here friday night, just a reminder to make sure you bring a pillow/blanket (or sleeping bag, etc), and if you plan on showering, please bring a towel i dont feel like doing the laundry that would come with giving out 8 towels >.>

SliK

Smash Journeyman
Fall do you know what crew battles are? they require more than one partner.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
any idea what the expected turnout for this is supposed to be? also, any idea when the smash portion of the tournament will be over?

Echo

Smash Champion
Just a reminder that we will need some gamecubes with Memory cards and obviously copies of SSBM. If you can bring a TV that would also be great, but i think we'll be ok for TVs just wanna make sure theres enough cubes.

Leg10n

Smash Apprentice
We should have a pretty decent turnout for smash...plus I like to see big burn smoke blunts

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
Hey does anyone have any info about the tourny going on Nov 10 in Omaha? I can't make the one in UNL.

Echo

Smash Champion
Results!

ok mangz so the tourney was pretty good... and i gotz results :]

Doubles - 18 teams
1. Mo and Fall
2. Echo and JBM
3. Tacoom and Secks.
4. Joker and Nova
5. Uli and Slik
5. Flava and Mushroom Ring
7. Wisconsin/NC team
7. Blue Spy
9. Dv0-Fro
9. A Marth and a Yoshi
9. Rogue and Druid
9. Kudo Chop
13. CKS
13. Team Venture
13. Living Legends
13. Spinning Blade
17. Philip O' Brian
17. Sidney

Singles -
there were like 38 entrants, but pools put them into the 32 man bracket.
1. Echo
2. JBM
3. Tacoom
4. Fall
5. Mo
5. Flava
7. Secks.
7. Joker
9. Mushroom Ring
9. Uli
9. Reed
9. TheDarkYoshi
13. Nova
13. Slik
13. Captain Love
13. Scizm
17. Fro
17. Kal
17. Dv02
17. Donato
17. MTKD
17. Kudo
17. Ice Weasel
17. Zack
25. Avalon
25. Dylan D
25. Andrew M
25. Spin
25. Shane D
25. Ben
25. Punisher
25. Evo

I'll update the NE/IA thread with people's points. shoutouts laterz maybe??

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

Secks.: Thanks for letting us come to your dorm and play some games, also Koopa Klaw FTW. LOL!!!!!

Echo: Thanks for the housing and the games Mang. Your Bowser is too good.

Uli, Flav, MushroomRing, and TheDarkYoshi,: Thanks for the pic and Asians Vs. Mexicans should've happen.

Yosh: Your Yoshi is too good.

JBM(9000): Your Marth's speed is over 9000

Fall: WTF?!

And the others I didn't get, It was good to meet you and play.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
I'm still working on the videos, give me a few days, I have work and Tae Kwon Do so it might take a few days.

I hope people can may it to my tourney, even thought its on a Friday night and ya, next time will be different.

Shoutouts:

Secks. I like your Falco, You did good against Mo, but he got the better of u and won and think for letting us hang at your dorm for awhile and play some more smash after playing smash all day. Smash is the best thing.

Uli: I had fun playing u in Pools, I was suprised to I got 3 stock of u both matchs, I think it was close.

TheDarkYosh: I love ur Yosh and think ur a Smash Prodigy, I didn't really watch, but u did do well against Echo.

Yosh: I think ur the best with Low Tier Char. and u make me want to change the way I play my Jiggs.

Echo: U did great in Singles and GOT Pooped on in Doubles. Thanks for letting us stay at ur house and play smash all night and ect.

Flav.: U trader, u leave me to be with ur cousin for my tourney (No, just joking, I don't care, I might not enter), but ur SAMUS IS hawt.

Echo

Smash Champion
WOOOOOOOO alright here go!

All I gotta say is good **** to Iowa - you guys definitely represented pretty darn well here. *ahemnebraskastilltookthewinthoughcoughcough* lol... Insomniac smash with Fall, Captain <3, and The Great Scizm was too fuxxin good lol, I think we were all tired enough to be legally insane, but still fun.

Congrats on taking teams, Fall (and Mo :p), a pretty overwhelming upset, but I can't hate for losing lol, you guys did really well. good ****. Also good job taking out Mo in the losers.

Mo - it was good seeing you again I havent talked to ya for a while, I couldn't get hold of you so I didn't even think you were gonna make it. I wanna kreep atcha for some games but you said you might be done for a while, so we'll have to see =/ Let me know if you ever wanna play.

Captain Love - I love you mangz

Yosh - wheres the jiggs?! lol you know your Yoshi is too good but sometimes you just gotta do whatcha gotta do, when a dude is goin low enough to counter sheik on you x_x Oh well though congratz on your duel 3rd place, you're still reppin the old school gen, and still claiming the title of low teir king, though you gotta <3 my koopa klaw, dude. lol too good.

Joker and Nova - good job in Doubles you guys work really well as a team. You both got substantially better since the last time I saw you guys, which was only like 3 weeks ago lol. Also good **** to your placing in Singles, Joker. Keep up the good work.

MTKD, Scizmmzm, Kudo, Dv02 - good seein you guys again, gotta thank everyone from Des Moines for comin down, it was too fun. Don't know if any of you are makin the tourney here on the 10th, so I'll see you on the 16th!

Dark Yoshi - it was nice meeting you maybe we'll get to play again, you've got my number so give me a call sometime if you ever want to come play.

Uli and Slik - I didn't get to play you guys outside of the doubles tourney but I watched both of you guys play throughout the day, it was good stuff. Uli your Marth was pretty cold but I guess your Falcon was doin good too :p Slik all I saw was your fox wheres that ganon at?! lol you guys should call me some time to play I hardly ever see ya. oh well it was good to see you again its been a while

Secks.... SD's are the worst dude, but trust me I used to do it all the time, and you'll be alright. You're still just breakin into the tournament scene its normal for you to crack under pressure like that when you were doing so well. You'll get used to it soon man you know you're too good. Hopefully I'll see you sometime this week.

Tyser - congrats on your 5th place for both singles and doubles, I told you to just stick with the Samus man you're gettin too good. I'll call you for games this week if you've got time, otherwise we'll still be playin on Friday again if you're down. I love Secks more than life but I gotta give you props for beating him I was surprised to here it, congrats mang.

Matt - seems we always have eachother in the same bracket, dont we? lol its weird but i swear its coincidence :p good stuff on taking 5th in doubles.

Kirk, and anyone else that I didn't get to play, like Reed, Donato, Ice Weasel, and the rest of you hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone - I was busy with brackets quite a bit but it was good seein all you guys again. Kirk, Luis, and Jeff: Thanks for havin the tourney keep me informed if you start setting up another one.

I gotta holla at mah boi JBM though, we'll get 'em next time, buddy ;] Good **** in singles it was nice meetin ya again in the finals, and congratz for your win on Mo. lol you went Legendary Super Saiyan on that **** dude too good

... phew >.>

Uli

Smash Champion
SHOUT OUTZ kinda not really ehh i got homework

echo- way to poop with c falcon, at FFC we are gonna play man :D

Slik - fox is teh sex man

FRO - nice for not playing in forever man, still got those wicked double fairs :D

FLAVA - when you made you name in the game it look liked flal bc the v and the l looked the same, anywhoo goood **** man

secks - you were doin good man but mo is gooood and SD are the worst : \ and we gotta play some friendlys for a lil lol :D

mo - nice to see you outside of skewl lulz, NE football is the worst

yosh - i shoulda had you first game :p good stuff though congratz on 3rd

des moines - its awesome for you guys to come out again, you guys are getting good FAST its awesome :D

JBM - what does the scouter say??

matt - getting better dood, your samus is annoooying lololol and samus is high tier IMO she can be the biggest D Bag ever

leon - where you at?!

kirk - glad you came to watch some smash lol you shoulda played

whos all kreepn FFC this sat doodz!!!

SliK

Smash Journeyman
First shout out by Slik aka me...

Fal - = Drephen of peach.

Echo - Too good

Secks - I dident play you wtf? next time

JBM - I havent played you since the gamers tourny we need to play also good ****!

Yosh - Those were some good games I got close to beating that yoshi >.>

ULi - ****ing crazy match in singles you took me out you basterd! good **** in teams.

Tyser - dident play but your spamus looked hawt

Joker + Nova - Awsome team matches they were real.

People in my pool - Good **** my kirby and ness and mario did some poopin, Captain love good **** with sheik

Mushroomring - Don't let tyser boss you around lol

Fro - Marth is getting better definetly you just need to add more **** games O.O

Mo - Gotta love your marth getting tips off the strangest combos.

and Done Games.

Fall

Smash Ace
Man this tourny was too good. Time for shoutouts I guess

Echo - Thanks for lettin us stay at your place man all night smash was tight. Your falcon is to ****in mean to me too dude and good job with singles and doubles with jbm was to intense. Also **** bowser dude. Jiggz vs bowser mm* kthx

JBM - I didnt get to play you at all =[ that made me a sad panda. But congratz on going super saiyan though dude thats ****in epic

Mo - **** yea dude doubles was the **** to bad about singles though =[ sucks we had to go up against each other but yea good ****

Yosh - That last match was amazing 7min jesus christ jiggz oh well though it was fun

Captain Love - Captain Falcon??

Tyser - Dude, wtf dont switch your main your samus is good we didnt get to play this time though except for doubles =[

Secks - We should have played more games man =[

DM Crew - We dont play enough

I'm pooped hopefully vids will be up soon

mm* = coin battle :o

Echo

Smash Champion
lol "Fall: The Drephen of Peach"?? could be the truth he might wanna sig that or somethin. The coldest Peach around.

and yeah mang I'll "MM" that Jiggs all day, son! Bring that **** :chuckle:
p.s. its gotta be Yoshi's story though lol

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
that could be the most epic thing i've heard in awhile, i think its true too about fall's style= drephen.

echo- we will do better next time in doubles, watch out for my marth next time around.

uli- its perfect, because i'm perfect cell *****.

slik- yes we need more games

mo- thats rough mang, all i gotta say is ken combo.

fall- come to this tourney and we will play for sure.

tyser- the naruto talk on the way home was king, you are a stud man, play luigi and samus.

captain love- you are a good man

nova and joker- you guys are getting better fast, keep it up.

mtkd- i noticed a big difference just watching you that u've gotten better keep it up.

kudo- same with you buddy, your doing a job

mushroomring- don't be afraid to give me a call man, i have a somewhat busy schedule but i'm sure we could play smash sometime u just gotta give the cell a ring.

Leg10n

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to EVERYONE who came down for this tournament. I wish I coulda at least watched more smash or played in the singles but you know business is business. Hopefully I can catch you guys at FFC this weekend.

When we're planning another tourney I'll keep Mike updated and you guys will have a place at the event for sure. From the way it looked it seemed mike had everything running really well. We're going to try to hook you guys up with a few more prizes and set some games up on the main stage in the new room that's 3 times bigger than this one. We'll get a few more stations also, so there will be a LOT more playing time.

gg for everyone who came to play..hopefully I can get some games in next time. <3

I'll try to keep everyone posted on the date when the next tourney rolls around.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I'll get to it some time Jbm, I just got a crap ton of tests to study for this week and then there's finals. :(
could be a while at this rate

my shoutouts:

Tyser- thanks for driving me

Echo- good ****. I face you too much in tourneys but its good for me I guess

Uli- Your marth got better man, keep it up

John- Didnt play you this time but Im pretty sure you wouldve won like the other times

Nova- Longest match I've ever had, good **** and missile wars

Kudo- 2 stitches and a bob-omb ftw, nuff said

Jbm- I didnt play you but you are truly over 9000. we gotta smash some time since I can just walk to your house. That Naruto talk was good but I think I missed the second half cuz I fell asleep.

mtkd- thanks for recording stuff, even though you only got my crustiest teams match

Mo- you unleashed hell on me

James- your Marth is getting better

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
yes gg everyone!

echo-tnx 4 drivin me home and for that sweet game!

yosh-We only played once and I want a rematch.

okay enough of this talk of the last tourny. Lets talk about this next one in omaha...

Echo

Smash Champion
well, the smash is going to be relatively small compared to some other stuff goin on. The reason it hasnt been around on here is because its mainly an event for other fighters like Guilty Gear and 3rd Strike. I'll try to get some info tonight, like when it is and stuff, all I really know is its on saturday at the Family Fun Center. :p

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
I guess I need to get my ***** as.s shoutouts:

Echo- You are almost Isai-Tier my man... Prince of all Saiyans?? LMFAO!! Basically Im saying you're too god da.mn good, give us a chance *****.

Mo- Kool seein you again man, even though I see you every now and then at skool. Your Marth tore it up gewd.

Secks.- **** good **** at the tourny man, you just got unlucky. Dont let it get to you, you're really really good. The next ShizWiz?!?!

Yosh- Dood, your Yoshi is motha fu.ckin too good. Very nice matches at this tourny. Next time please dont choke me though, it scured me. GJ on 3rd.

JBM- Indeed that Naruto talk was aight. Dood, you went over 900,000!! Fu.ckin Legendary Super Saiyan in the flesh *****! Your mindgames rocked my world so hard.

Fall- Dood, those DSmashes are the fu.cking truth son!! Kool seein ya again, we didnt get to play in singles though. And you took my line in your shoutouts. "Im a sad panda." Gratz on 4th.

DarkYoshi- Dood, good meetin you for the first time. Your as.s aint no joke son, very good Yoshi you have. Definately gotta kreep some games with us man :_).

Yulai- Kool seeing you dood. We go to the same skool yet we never chill or see each other no more :_(. You work too much lol. Anyways, your Marth is still good, keep that **** up fool.

Jonathan Sliklicious- Dood, the only match I actually watched of you was when you played Bowser against Kudo or soemone. That sux, Ill try to pay more attention to you next time fool. Kool seeing you again though, its been ages.

Matt- Samus is gettin better, but I guess I always help your as.s out with improving your game :_). You did well at this tourny though, good job.

Nova- Dood, that Samus ditto we had was real. Your Samus is really good man. Keep up the good work.

Joker- I still dont think we got a 1v1 in this time :_(... So krusty.. We played in doubles though; why did you have to knock me out man, friggin bully... :_) You look like you got really good also man, keep up the good ****.

MTKD- I didnt even get to see you play AT ALL this time yo... Sorry for disbanding our party :_(.

Kudo- Dood, good playin you dawg, you got better.

Love- Man, you and your ****ing "HE'S OVER 9000!!" spams made me laugh my as.s off HARD! Good performance at the tourny, we always have to play each other lol.. Asian Pride!!

Reed- Dood, you got really good really fast, I was fu.cking surprised. Very good progress in your game, and that Bair edgeguard fu.cking threw me off guard.. You should come play with us in Omaha more, you could be the next Secks.

Donado- Dood, I thought I was gonna get sent to losers when I played against you in that final match we had. Scared the fu.ck outta me! Nice Dr. Mario keep up the smurshin.

Luigi- You are my new best friend, Im gettin you a present. It was my fault we lost all those times, I dont blame you. :_) *best friend*

Samus- Why do you ALWAYS fail me and SD so much!! I blame you 100%. You're garbage and should be
banished for all of time. Go die!!

Everyone who I didnt get to play and that just came- Good seeing more smashers out there wanting to play a good ole game of Smursh. Keep up your games, thanks for representing Nebraska!

My hands hurt after all that writing, :_(. Good **** everyone.

Echo

Smash Champion
just be lucky he didnt shank your *** mang... he IS mexican lol...

btw the tournament on saturday is at UNO, from what Mike told me. you should all know where that is >.>

Top Bottom