• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Nov 20, 2016] Smash @ PLAYlive Nation Gaming Lounge (Hayward, CA)

FuTure20XX

Smash Rookie
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

1. The venue doesn't have setups but has a bunch of TV's to use. We really need setups so the first 5 to bring setups will receive a venue waiver

2. The Mall closes at 7 and every other door might be locked except for the one that the address leads too. USE GOOGLE MAPS!!!!!! There is alot of parking spaces at the mall so it shouldnt be a problem to find a space. (If you're confused when you get there look for a hometown buffet) The place is in the last entrance to the mall on the right and the place will be on the right. If it isn't then you went into the wrong entrance)

PLAYlive Nation at Southland Mall in Hayward is the newest gaming lounge here in East Bay and they have allowed us to host smash tournaments here.

PLAYlive Website: https://playlivenation.com/

Please make sure to bring your own controller to use for the event!

Controllers Allowed:
- Gamecube Controller
- Wii U Pro Controller (Make sure you take out the battery and only come with the charger cord)
- Wii Remote (including Classic Controller and Nunchuck accessories)
- Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system

NOTE: The Wii U Gamepad is NOT ALLOWED for tournament use.

----------

SCHEDULE

6:00pm Free Play Begins/Tournament Sign Ups Begin

7:00pm Singles Tournament Begins

Venue Closes When Tournament Ends

----------

FEES:

Singles Tournament Entry Fee: $5
Venue Fee: $5

----------

PRIZES:
- Cash prizes are distributed between 1st/2nd/3rd (60%/30%/10%).

-----------

RULE SET INFORMATION : (EVO 2016)

- Game Settings: 2 stock, 6 minute timer, items off, equipment off. Custom moves and Amiibos are not allowed.

- Tournament Format: Double elimination, best 2/3 games, best 3/5 games for winners/losers/grand finals.

~Stage List~

Starters/Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
Dream Land 64
Duck Hunt
Omega Stages (Treated as a variant of Final Destination)
Miiverse (Treated as a variant of Battlefield)

Set format: Five stage striking is used to determine the first stage. The first stage strike is determined by a quick game of Rock/Paper/Scissors, with the winner banning one stage, loser banning two stages, and the winner choosing from the remaining two.

After the first game, stage selection is decided by the winner banning one course from the full stage list, then having the loser choose from the remaining selection.

-----------

Additional Rules:

-You may not counter pick a stage you already won on in that set, but you and your opponent can go to any stage if both of you agree.

-Suicide Clause: On the onset of a SD KO move initiated, the winner is decided by the results screen.

-Tiebreaker Clause: In the event of a non-self destruct Sudden Death, players will play out a 1 stock 3 minute match to decide the victor.

-Miis are allowed, but must be default size. Move sets are locked to 1111.

AlphaJordan95

Smash Rookie
Hey is this still going on? Have the day off tomorrow and would love to come through and play since I'm new to these tournaments. Hit me back if you get this please!

FuTure20XX

Smash Rookie
Hey is this still going on? Have the day off tomorrow and would love to come through and play since I'm new to these tournaments. Hit me back if you get this please!
every sunday at 7pm. I will reply here when it's canceled if we have a regional on the same day

lucrass

Smash Rookie
My friend and I would like to show this weekend; anyone know if gamecube controllers could be purchased on premises? Expedited shipping is too slow for my cravings.

FuTure20XX

Smash Rookie
My friend and I would like to show this weekend; anyone know if gamecube controllers could be purchased on premises? Expedited shipping is too slow for my cravings.
No. Sorry. People might bring extra controllers though. Still its better to come with your own just in case

ecroy12

Smash Rookie
So is there a tourney for tomorrow, if so like how many people usually show up?

hoppyKnitz

Smash Cadet
Just a few questions, how early can we come realistically, what kind of building is it, when is the tournament most likely going to end? Thanks :)

FuTure20XX

Smash Rookie
So is there a tourney for tomorrow, if so like how many people usually show up?
sorry for getting back on this. I wasn't at home and I didn't think to check because I was busy but I wasn't sure if we were hosting this weekend or not. Im talking things out with the owner to start doing these on mondays at 8pm since realistically sunday isn't the best day. I'll let you know as soon as possible if this is still happening or not. So far we haven't had over 15 and I think that will change if I can start doing mondays though the owner isn't really giving me many options and I might look for another venue to do it at. I let people know when I get updates

FuTure20XX

Smash Rookie
Just a few questions, how early can we come realistically, what kind of building is it, when is the tournament most likely going to end? Thanks :)
ill let you know as things are changing right now and im not sure if ill be hosting at the current venue because of the owner. The venue itself has alot of space with alot of tv's but we need wii u's in order to run the tournament thus offering first 5 gets free venue. Ill stay in touch. Im doing this mainly for the community but I don't have money to just dish out if the owner's gonna be unrealistic

Top Bottom