• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 16, 2014] Smash Weekend @ Gamers Room: Project M & Melee (Concord, NC)

pluto

Smash Cadet
oh well. it's an argument that'll never really pan out (i was never really arguing, just kinda throwin' in my two cents btw). like you said, it's okay to not like things. i like brawl, just not competitively, but there's no reason to be upset over people who play it that way. i really believe Sm4sh will be more competitive, but we'll just have to wait and see.

man so many birthdays coming up! sunday actually works waayyyyy better for me anyway, as usual, so i'll definitely be there now! (i gotta practice. i haven't played PM since smash carolina V) .___.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
XD Accidentally double posted cuz stupid school computers :p But yeah CURSES :( Gosh dang it Cody :( I'll prob have to wait another month to see how far I've come sigh... well, best of luck to you guys :p I'll see if I can still come, but the percent chances are now prob. around 10-15%

Last edited:

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman

Videos are finally up on the new channel sorry it took so long guys just wanted to make sure the new channel was ready before I uploaded them. Thanks for your patience and I can't wait to record some more stuff, see you guys Sunday!

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
I accidentally posted before I finished the image, now it's done. Also, karma says she isn't coming, so...

(I'll be coming, because I will come every time until I get at least top 3, but a lot of people won't)

EDIT; WHERE ARE TEH VIDS?!?!?!?
EDIT 2; MAKE ME GREEN PLOX
If only I could drive :( Also..... Just watched you vs Fox :p

MLSword

Smash Journeyman

Videos are finally up on the new channel sorry it took so long guys just wanted to make sure the new channel was ready before I uploaded them. Thanks for your patience and I can't wait to record some more stuff, see you guys Sunday!
When do you think you will start streaming on Twitch?

Foo

Smash Lord
If only I could drive :( Also..... Just watched you vs Fox :p
I choked so hard that game >.> I had a chance to break to curse, but I threw it away hard. I played awfully and SD'd like 4 times. Also, they won't stream on twitch because of bad internet.

@ SoulOfSmash SoulOfSmash Responding to your commentary in games

Foo vs Scarfed Mamoswine
- Downb and downb dive kick are both jump cancelable at a certain point
- I did mean to double downsmash, if the opponent isn't mashing and I double downsmash, it leads into nairs which leads into more combo.
- Falcon is my troll character, not a pet project lawl. Roy is my pet project whom we may see next time :)

Foo vs Vorose (first set)
- I didn't charge fsmash too long when I had him stunned off stage, I was waiting for the pop up because he was too low to fsmash. I timed it right, but vorose had perfect DI. I should have gone for bair instead.
- You can't "pretty much" move instantly after neutral b. You straight up can lol. You can dash cancel it the frame it comes out.
- When I couldn't recover, I faded back to die faster. No real reason.
- ZSS is a semi floaty if that stats thread in GD is to be believed.

Foo vs Karma
- Going back to wario ware would have been really bad. While I like that stage a lot, it's sonic's best stage by far. (yoshi's island was terrible though, lol. If it weren't for the dip in the middle.. lol

Foo vs Vorose (second set)
- Sorry to john, but I was emotionally drained after the previous set and hadn't eaten since breakfast (mistake). That's why I was missing all my punishes
- It's not that I am unfamiliar with the matchup, it's just Zero Suit's worst matchup. Zss loses neutral, cannot combo fox, and cannot gimp fox as easily as most characters.
- Second commentator nailed it. Tech errors... tech errors everywhere. 3 SDs out of 8 stocks is pretty rough lol
- That upsmash in game 2 was supposed to be uptilt :(

Oh well, I just have to not choke on sunday.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
I choked so hard that game >.> I had a chance to break to curse, but I threw it away hard. I played awfully and SD'd like 4 times. Also, they won't stream on twitch because of bad internet.

@ SoulOfSmash SoulOfSmash Responding to your commentary in games

Foo vs Scarfed Mamoswine
- Downb and downb dive kick are both jump cancelable at a certain point
- I did mean to double downsmash, if the opponent isn't mashing and I double downsmash, it leads into nairs which leads into more combo.
- Falcon is my troll character, not a pet project lawl. Roy is my pet project whom we may see next time :)

Foo vs Vorose (first set)
- I didn't charge fsmash too long when I had him stunned off stage, I was waiting for the pop up because he was too low to fsmash. I timed it right, but vorose had perfect DI. I should have gone for bair instead.
- You can't "pretty much" move instantly after neutral b. You straight up can lol. You can dash cancel it the frame it comes out.
- When I couldn't recover, I faded back to die faster. No real reason.
- ZSS is a semi floaty if that stats thread in GD is to be believed.

Foo vs Karma
- Going back to wario ware would have been really bad. While I like that stage a lot, it's sonic's best stage by far. (yoshi's island was terrible though, lol. If it weren't for the dip in the middle.. lol

Foo vs Vorose (second set)
- Sorry to john, but I was emotionally drained after the previous set and hadn't eaten since breakfast (mistake). That's why I was missing all my punishes
- It's not that I am unfamiliar with the matchup, it's just Zero Suit's worst matchup. Zss loses neutral, cannot combo fox, and cannot gimp fox as easily as most characters.
- Second commentator nailed it. Tech errors... tech errors everywhere. 3 SDs out of 8 stocks is pretty rough lol
- That upsmash in game 2 was supposed to be uptilt :(

Oh well, I just have to not choke on sunday.
I just love being Marth, since if you react perfectly to Fox's recovery options, you can gimp him every time he tries to recover XD Oh and while IDK about how good ZSS's gimping game is on Fox, you definitely missed some free edgeguards here and there. Also, not johns :p Oh and BTW is it alright with you if I basically play like Vorosh but SHDL consistently ;)

EDIT: Oh and Foo, I am wondering, do you by chance have PM netplay online?

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
I just love being Marth, since if you react perfectly to Fox's recovery options, you can gimp him every time he tries to recover XD Oh and while IDK about how good ZSS's gimping game is on Fox, you definitely missed some free edgeguards here and there. Also, not johns :p Oh and BTW is it alright with you if I basically play like Vorosh but SHDL consistently ;)

EDIT: Oh and Foo, I am wondering, do you by chance have PM netplay online?
I got it working, but then immediately stopped because laaaaaaaaaaaaaag. I cannot stand playing on netplay lol. It's a laggy mess. Smash should only be played at 0 ping.

Also, if I missed some free edgeguards (which I did), he should have side-b'd. No idea why he only used up-b to recover lol.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
I got it working, but then immediately stopped because laaaaaaaaaaaaaag. I cannot stand playing on netplay lol. It's a laggy mess. Smash should only be played at 0 ping.

Also, if I missed some free edgeguards (which I did), he should have side-b'd. No idea why he only used up-b to recover lol.
Ok so.. something happened. Ok so call me crazy, but I played PM for the first time since I played last tournament. Now the previous 4 days before this, 3 of them I played Brawl all day. Now, some how my movement and combo game and understanding of the game is better O-0 I am seeing myself combo certain attacks together better, and optimize my tools more effectively. Also, I could never SHDL consistently, now I can. The entire time I am like.... "wtf" I guess maybe for utilizing my tools better, maybe it's becuase I was deprived of them in Brawl and now I use them more and better than I did? IDK XD Now I need to stop playing league of legends and start playing Smash some more BUT I AM SO ADDICTED TO LEAGUE ALL OF A SUDDEN I THINK I"LL PLAY IT ALL DAY :D :D :D :D :D (P.S. Practicing combo's on ZSS with Marth AND Fox ;) )

Foo

Smash Lord
Ok so.. something happened. Ok so call me crazy, but I played PM for the first time since I played last tournament. Now the previous 4 days before this, 3 of them I played Brawl all day. Now, some how my movement and combo game and understanding of the game is better O-0 I am seeing myself combo certain attacks together better, and optimize my tools more effectively. Also, I could never SHDL consistently, now I can. The entire time I am like.... "wtf" I guess maybe for utilizing my tools better, maybe it's becuase I was deprived of them in Brawl and now I use them more and better than I did? IDK XD Now I need to stop playing league of legends and start playing Smash some more BUT I AM SO ADDICTED TO LEAGUE ALL OF A SUDDEN I THINK I"LL PLAY IT ALL DAY :D :D :D :D :D (P.S. Practicing combo's on ZSS with Marth AND Fox ;) )
Ah, league. Now there's a game I've sunk waaaaaay too much time into. I've probably broken 10,000 games. If anyone thinks my ZSS is good and plays league, they should see my Vlad or Anivia. I am CRUEL in league.

As for why you are "doing better in PM." It's one of two things, imo.

1. You are "fresh." It's easy to fall into an autopilot rut in smash, where you always follow the same pattern. When you come back fresh, you have shaken those shackles and can rethink everything.
2. After playing brawl, going to PM and suddenly being able to combo and do things feels really good.

P.S. I don't understand why people have trouble with the sh double laser with fox. I got it almost imediately. Just shorthop and immediately spam b until you hit the ground then repeat lol

alpha_leonis

Smash Cadet
Ah, league. Now there's a game I've sunk waaaaaay too much time into. I've probably broken 10,000 games. If anyone thinks my ZSS is good and plays league, they should see my Vlad or Anivia. I am CRUEL in league.

1. You are "fresh." It's easy to fall into an autopilot rut in smash, where you always follow the same pattern. When you come back fresh, you have shaken those shackles and can rethink everything.
2. After playing brawl, going to PM and suddenly being able to combo and do things feels really good.

P.S. I don't understand why people have trouble with the sh double laser with fox. I got it almost imediately. Just shorthop and immediately spam b until you hit the ground then repeat lol

There are less jump frames in project m, thus making a lot of fox tech skill a lot easier in project m than in melee. Try to shdl in melee as consistent as you can do in project m. It won't feel the same.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
There are less jump frames in project m, thus making a lot of fox tech skill a lot easier in project m than in melee. Try to shdl in melee as consistent as you can do in project m. It won't feel the same.
It is about the same consistency in Melee.

1v1 me bro Riven 4 life. ;) But seriously tho, hit me up on league, maybe we could play some time.

As for point number 1, I suppose I can agree with.
Point number 2 I agree with partly, tho you can do combo's in Brawl as well (mostly followups [like 95% are followups XD ] ) But I won't argue with you.

Also, for Fox, I personally slide my finger down from :GCY: to :GCB: and press it twice. I think that spamming :GCB: would prob. not be the most optimal way to do it, as it is much harder to spam b consistently and get the correct timing.

Foo

Smash Lord
3.5 is coming out on the 14th, is the tourney going to be on 3.0 or 3.5?

@Sword I'm Foo18 on league, NA server. Feel free to add me.

Last edited:

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
3.5 is coming out on the 14th, is the tourney going to be on 3.0 or 3.5?

@Sword I'm Foo18 on league, NA server. Feel free to add me.
Riven Only, No Items, Summoners Rift

(Actually nvm about items, i luv them on Riven :( ) But yeah, me and another friend called Joe play league pretty often, I'll be sure to invite you. Do you have Skype BTW?

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
Riven Only, No Items, Summoners Rift (Actually nvm about items, i luv them on Riven :( ) But yeah, me and another friend called Joe play league pretty often, I'll be sure to invite you. Do you have Skype BTW?
Yes, I have skype. I'll tell you on league if I get around to playing it tonight. If I'm on, it'll be some time between 7pm and 12am eastern time

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
doors will open around 11am, registration starts at 12 noon, and aim to start around 1 pm
So... 3.5 isn't out yet. Even though it should be out in a few (minutes, hours, days or months), are we still doing 3.5? It'll be really different, and we'll have basically no time to prepare, so...

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
Ugh, but ZSS is so different. With her recovery nerfs, I'll probably keep SDing and so much else got changed. It'll be a nightmare to get used to that in less than a day.

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe they NERFED Marth... sigh.......... Was hoping for Melee uptilt but.... *cries in corner*

MLSword

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that almost every other character around marth got nerfed.
I just don't understand as to why they would nerf his grab. Is was nowhere near the level of Lucas's OU Upsmash or Mewtwo's teleport, so why :*(

Foo

Smash Lord
Yeah, but those things got nerfed a lot. Marth grab was barely touched. I'd say marth will be better this patch than he was in the last one.

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
samus is probably high tier this patch. Only nerf is recovery nerf, but it barely matters.
Please Samus was always high tier, imo she was 2nd best in the game in 3.02. Of course me and ESAM are the only 2 people on earth that thought that but w/e.

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys I finalized the stage list and you can download the files to edit your stage selection screen HERE. I can put this on your SD cards when you get there but it would really help me out if you can download and put it in yourselves. It's just 2 simple files and of course you can always restore them to default later. Thanks

14 stages (7 Starters, 7 Counterpicks)
1-2-2-1 starter striking, 3 stage bans

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Dreamland
Green Hill Zone
Yoshis Story

Counter Picks:
Warioware
Metal Cavern
Norfair
Fountain Of Dreams
Distant Planet
Lylat Cruise
Yoshis Island

Subject to change but for tommorow this will be the list.

Last edited:

T-Raz

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZartraZ
3DS FC
2062-9197-4895
I love the Zelda changes more than I thought I would. Sad I can't recover using neutral B anymore, however I can dig it with up B cancels. As for Sheik she felt unchanged from what I played of her. Dedede is still fun cause of Dee shenanigans.=)

Top Bottom