• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Nov. 14, 2015] Concho Smash Series-(San Angelo, TX)

Zebruh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManicManectric
INFO

Concho Smash Series (or, as it shall be known in shorthand, CSS) is the first competitive SSB4 tournament ever held in San Angelo, Texas! With a brand new venue opening up to support the San Angelo scene, I, Zebruh, have come together with the generosity of The Gathering Place to bring this tournament series in West Texas to compliment our sister scene in Abilene. This tournament will encourage new players and those wishing to get their feet wet in competitive smash, as well as allow more experienced Texas players another facet to show off their prowess. I, personally, wanted to help the smash community grow here in Texas, and TOing is something I really want to pursue. Here's to hoping we here at the ol' 325 can put on a show.

CONTACT INFO

I set up a Twitter @ZerbuhSSB. Follow me for info on future 325 events, as well as general Smash-related tweets. I'll be sure to follow back.

If you don't have a twitter, just PM me here on Smashboards and I'll get back ASAP, Twitter/Phone will just get you a quicker response!

The Gathering Place
3720 Sherwood Way
San Angelo, TX

GENERAL INFORMATION

Tentative Schedule

Doors Open/Event Registration/Warm-Ups: 12:00 PM

Doubles Registration Ends: 1:00 PM

Doubles Begin: 1:30 PM

Singles Registration Ends: 2:30 PM

Singles Begin: 3:00 PM

1-4 entrants: Round Robin - Winner Takes All!
5-9 entrants: Double Elim - 70/30
10-19 entrants: Double Elim - 60/30/10
20-39 entrants: Double Elim - 55/30/10/5
40+ entrants: Pools + Double - 55/25/10/5/2.5/2.5

A Pot Bonus will be added starting at 25 entrants! At 30 entrants, it will be $50 and increase as more entrants are added!

Bringing a TV or Wii U setup will result in only a $2 venue fee. However, bringing a full setup (TV+Wii U) will result in a complete venue fee waiver. However, the Wii U must have the following qualities:

-Must be updated to the newest version
-Have all released DLC characters (Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, and Lucas)
-Dreamland and Miiverse stage
-Gamecube Adapter

• 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Handicap: OFF
  • Damage Ratio: 1.0x
  • Items set to OFF and NONE
  • Pausing is OFF
    • If a player does pause during a game, it can result in the loss of a stock. The opposing player may decide if they wish to enact this rule.
  • Sets are Best of 3
    • Grand Finals, Winners Finals, and Loser's Finals are Best of 5
  • Custom Moves and Custom Equipment are OFF
  • Mii Fighters are allowed
  • DLC Characters are allowed
    • If a setup does not have the DLC character that you wish to play as, please notify the TO so we can move you to an appropriate setup
  • Random is not allowed
  • If the game goes to Sudden Death, the game win will be awarded to the player with the most stocks remaining. If both players have an equal amounr of stocks, the player with the lowest damage percent on their character wins. If both players have equal percentage, a 1 stock, 3 minute game will be played on the same stage to determine the winner
  • If a player wins on a stage during a set, they may not pick that stage for the remainder of the set.
    • A player that loses on a stage is still allowed to pick that stage during the set, as long as they have not also won on that stage during the set.
    • If a player wins a game on Final Destination or an Omega Stage, they cannot counterpick Final Destination or an Omega Stage for the remainder of the set
  • Coaching is allowed before/after games, but not during.
  • Considering that this is the inaugural event, players will be randomly seeded unless they have shown significant placings in other tournaments. For forthcoming CSS events, a power ranking system will be used to determine seeding.
Stage list:

Banning for first match occurs in a P1-P2-P2-P1 format, with the remaining stage being the choice, unless a stage is agreed upon between the two players.

For counterpicking, the winner of the first game will ban two stages, and the loser picks from the remaining stages.

Opening Stages:

-Battlefield/Miiverse
-FD/Omega
-Smashville
-Town and City
-Dreamland

Counterpicks:

-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Duck Hunt
-Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles Only)

Well, I believe that's everything. Hope to see some good competition out there!

Last edited:

Zebruh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManicManectric
Awesome! Hope to see you there!

Also, there has been some minor changes to the ruleset. Time limit has been increased to 8 mins., Coliseum has been removed from stage list, and Duck Hunt and Kongo Jungle have been brought in, but Kongo is doubles only.

Also, a side event has been added!

3v3 Randoms will be a reduced 3 dollar entry fee. Once you have registered, you will be put into a pool of the other competitors and be randomly assigned teams. Duke it out with fellow competitors in a winner take all prize pot!

Zebruh

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManicManectric
Updated to include pot bonuses!

25 entrants = $25 dollar pot bonus

30 entrants = $50 pot bonus

40+ entrants = potential $100 pot bonus!

Top Bottom