• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Nothing new at GDC." Oh really?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As previously reported, <a href="http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/nintendo_no_new.html">Nintendo is due to sell a large amount of stock soon, and due to that are legally not allowed to announce anything until the sale has been started.</a>

However, as reported at www.zeldauniverse.net , they have pulled a small nugget that still gives us a glimmer of hope.
<blockquote>It just so happens that Nintendo’s secondary offering stock price is going to be set based upon data obtained on March 5th-March 8th in Japan. Considering this, Ol’ Nintendo should be more than free to discuss whatever they want after the price is more than likely set on the 9th…

…And it just so happens that Eiji Aonuma’s 60 minute lecture on the history and future of the Zelda franchise has been moved from the early morning of March 9th to 5:30pm of the same day, a time when most people at the conference will actually be awake and will have popped the tylenols that they’ll need to get over their serious hangovers.</blockquote>
So because the price will be set the day before Nintendo’s GDC conference, which means Nintendo’s free to announce whatever they want.

L

Le (Sushiman)

Unfortunately, there’s no new news about Brawl. This is only making me more hyped up about Brawl.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Highly unlikely, but maybe there will be discussion of possible Zelda characters and their move sets in Brawl… Nah. Who knows, we may get some crazy surprise, like “ZOMG! SSB ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE!!!111oneoneshift+1″ I dunno… I guess more zelda info is alright. Haha, I need sleep.

Top Bottom