• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noteworthy Nintendo Game Release Dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I know I like to say that most of our systems of character speculation are pretty much useless, but if there's one system that holds water, it's the correlation of franchise release dates and character reveals.

So far, the website has often updated with a character reveal when a noteworthy Nintendo franchise starring that character gets released.

That being said, what are some near-distant release dates that could possibly signal the reveal of a veteran or newcomer? I'm not totally up to date with the release dates of upcoming Nintendo games, so your help would be appreciated.

The first that comes to mind for me is Pokemon X & Y, which could reveal a Pokemon Newcomer, or perhaps Jigglypuff. (I suspect that if Jiggs is in, she might be unlockable, and up to this point, I want to guess that none of the characters revealed for Smash 4 are unlockable).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
would you mind doing some homeworkfor us and list some important ones for us?

like pokemon, DKC, Wii party, the new mario and the new 3DS kirby?

that would be awesome, thanks

edit: I'll help. I know the DK will be out in febuary.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey look it's Hex!

Here are what the possibilities seem to be:

October:
Pokemon X&Y (potentially PKMN Trainer, Mewtwo, Lucario, etc.)
Wii Party U (Mii)

November:
LoZ: ALBW (likely Zelda) - NA & Europe
Super Mario 3D World (newcomer?)
Wii Sports Club (Mii)

December:
LoZ: ALBW (again, likely Zelda) - Japan

February:
DKC:TF (likely Diddy)

2014:
Yarn Yoshi or Yoshi's New Island (Yoshi)
Kirby game (MK or Dedede)
SMTxFE (FE character)
X (maybe Shulk?)

There are also more Mario games coming out... but at this point I only see one newcomer at most and maybe Wario or something for MK or MP being unveiled.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Pokémon - 12th Oct
Sonic - 24th Oct
Wii U Party (Mii) - 25th Oct

Wii Sports Club - 7th Nov
Mario 3D World - 21st Nov
Professor Layton/Ace Attourney - 29th Nov

Mario and Sonic Sochi - 5th Dec
Pac Man Museum - 5th Dec

A Link Between Worlds - 26th Dec

That's the notable stuff I remember coming out on Nintendo consoles, 3rd parties are greyed out.
Everything else is currently TBA I believe, though I may have missed something.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well Anniversaries also play a part too, Peach is evidence of that too.
So what if we also mark noteworthy game anniversaries?

Punch-Out's anniversary is this month.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I know I shouldn't blindly trust wikipedia, but it says Punch Out is February :S

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know I shouldn't blindly trust wikipedia, but it says Punch Out is February :S

Remember to take bpth the Japanese and American release dates into account.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Ah, I see, nothing's been based on the NA release date yet (WWHD waitng for JP to get it), so I'm not really considering it, especially if the game hit Japan first.. but I see where you're coming from now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ah, I see, nothing's been based on the NA release date yet (WWHD waitng for JP to get it), so I'm not really considering it, especially if the game hit Japan first.. but I see where you're coming from now.
I think Sakurai would base his reveals on Japan release dates, since you know it's a Japanese studio. I don't think they are really aiming on NA.
They based Luigi's reveal around an NA release.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Oh, I thought that was just Year of Luigi... Sorry, I'm European so I wasn't aware it was delayed for you.. especially when the translation we got was in American rather than correctly spelt English. (my auto-spellcheck reminds me that Americans would write spelled there, further pointing out the problem)

Speculator

Smash Ace
The first that comes to mind for me is Pokemon X & Y, which could reveal a Pokemon Newcomer, or perhaps Jigglypuff. (I suspect that if Jiggs is in, she might be unlockable, and up to this point, I want to guess that none of the characters revealed for Smash 4 are unlockable).
I doubt we'll see any newcomers until early next year, after Nintendo's focus has shifted from 2013 games to 2014 games. I do think we'll see a Pokemon veteran soon, though. Pokemon Trainer would seem to make the most sense as Jigglypuff has always traditionally been unlockable, like you said. At the same time, Luigi and Toon Link don't strike me as starter characters so I suppose there is a chance we could see Jiggles.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
YOU GUYS ARE ALL FORGETTING THE NEWLY ANNOUNCED KIRBY GAME COMING OUT IN DECEMBER!

EDIT: ÁPPERENTLY IT'S NOT COMING OUT IN DECEMBER. WHOOPS.

ALSO CAPS LOCK

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ever take into consideration that R.O.B. could be revealed by the end of this year in celebration of the Famicom's/NES' 30th anniversary? He probably won't, but you never know...

Nado

Smash Cadet
Hey look it's Hex!

Here are what the possibilities seem to be:

October:
Pokemon X&Y (potentially PKMN Trainer, Mewtwo, Lucario, etc.)
Wii Party U (Mii)

November:
LoZ: ALBW (likely Zelda) - NA & Europe
Super Mario 3D World (newcomer?)
Wii Sports Club (Mii)

December:
LoZ: ALBW (again, likely Zelda) - Japan

February:
DKC:TF (likely Diddy)

2014:
Yarn Yoshi or Yoshi's New Island (Yoshi)
Kirby game (MK or Dedede)
SMTxFE (FE character)
X (maybe Shulk?)

There are also more Mario games coming out... but at this point I only see one newcomer at most and maybe Wario or something for MK or MP being unveiled.
The fire emblem game will probably be released after smash bros. Smash bros is probably much farther down the line on its development than the fexsmt game due to the fact that fexsmt couldn't show any game play nor did it seem to have the title,plot, or even gameplay completely figured out upon being announced.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything, anniversaries of past Fire Emblem games would be more likely than a coincidence with SMTxFE.

For the four FE heavy-hitters:
Marth: April 20, January 21, August 7, July 15 (FE 1, 3, 11, 12)
Roy: March 29 (FE 6)
Ike: April 20, February 22 (FE 9, 10)
Chrom: April 19 (FE 13)

Interesting to note, Marth and Ike debuted on the same day, but different years. Chrom was one day off from fitting this, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom