• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Notable characters that survived the spirit purge

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
Not to rain on anyone's parade but... Not being "seen" as a spirit doesn't mean that they aren't one.
Most people probably know that we have not seen all spirits. This thread is merely to speculate based on what we know.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Geno’s certainly the weirdest one to still have not seen with the game out in the wild. We’ve seen the token, but no proof of it in game or any proof of a Spirit in the game. Even more notably his Mii Costume is still MIA. All around, he’s one that we probably should have seen by now and we haven’t.

So if he hasn’t survived to be a DLC hopeful, then he’s in a weird limbo state for now for sure.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Geno’s certainly the weirdest one to still have not seen with the game out in the wild. We’ve seen the token, but no proof of it in game or any proof of a Spirit in the game. Even more notably his Mii Costume is still MIA. All around, he’s one that we probably should have seen by now and we haven’t.

So if he hasn’t survived to be a DLC hopeful, then he’s in a weird limbo state for now for sure.
Honestly, what's the difference between a token and a Spirit? The popular argument for why Spirits are a deconfirmation is that the DLC was known beforehand, so it wouldn't make sense for them to spend time making a Spirit of a DLC character. If a character is added as token in the base game, why would that be any different from a Spirit?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make much sense to put so much stock in Geno's missing Mii costume and Spirit if he's already got a token. If you're someone who truly believes a Geno Spirit deconfirms him, then a Geno token should essentially be the same thing.

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
Not to rain on anyone's parade but... Not being "seen" as a spirit doesn't mean that they aren't one.

Kirby is the only character that seemingly didn't get caught up in Galeam's life snatching light.

That crap engulfed the entire universe...hell it even swallowed up the multiverse even.
Galaxies gone. Whole planets wiped out across the stars and beyond.

Kirby got a cheap out with the warp star but where does that thing even go?
Where ever it was, it was apparently safer than literally "everywhere else" in existence.

Saying that other characters "survived" is a stretch.
If gods and spirits (King boo and other ghosts) aren't even safe from being eradicated
I highly doubt any character on plane of reality survived due to any ability they might have.

Keep on doing what you're doing though. I was just being a killjoy.
Have fun guys :kirby:(#sole survivor)
Look at what I typed instead of just the title

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Marx
Porky (I believe.)
Classic Pig Ganon
Geno (As of right now, he has only been confirmed as a icon token for online, not a spirit.)
Heihachi
unfortunately marx is a spirit

(from smash wiki)

also the advance wars situation seems very interesting, would be cool if something came out of that, would not be too much of a surprise to see a revival considering the recent success of a similar series by intelligent systems of course being fire emblem

not sure how big of a team they have but there have been points were they have released multiple biggish titles in a year (2012, 2015), does intelligent systems have any other projects announced at this point other than 3 houses and continuing heroes support?

Last edited:
Top Bottom