• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not sure where this should go, but help is appreciated

.K1

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. Ive never done any melee (or brawl) hacks, but Ive got a few questions. Let me start of by saying that im not really interested in changing colors or backgrounds or anything like that......im moreso interested in learning if I can change move properties, if I can add stuff like air dashes (like marvel, blazblue, or skullgirls style) or somehow add "Cancels" into the game where I can cancel X action and put myself in a neutral state (yall know what Im talking about......stuff like magneto j.H xx Air dash forward) Im in the process of developing a new platform fighting game, and I was hoping to be able to hack melee and use it as a testing grounds of sorts before we start any programming ourselves.

Any guidance or input would be amazing. Thanks. <3

.K1

Smash Apprentice
I looked through the OP in that thread and I didnt see anything about adding new mechanics like airdashes or roman cancels

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Melee hacking isn't very developed. You'll have to dig deep. What you're asking for is pretty hardcore lol.

.K1

Smash Apprentice
well Ive got a guy on my dev team who has been programming and coding for like...15 years and has experience with creating games. It should be relatively easy to take an animation thats already there, sayyy...mewtwos run, and use that as his "air dash", then just code an input recognition for it (hit X direction twice while airborne within Y frames)......right?

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
You can edit the propertys of moves (hitstun, trajectory, stuff like that) but thats it. The problem with that is we don't have melees source so it would still be really hard to implement something like what you're talking about

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Sorry that this is a different question

How would I change the hitstun in melee,like lets say I want 50% more hitstun.

How would I do this?

EDIT:For version 1.00

Top Bottom