• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not sure if this is old or not but....

Jab187

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jab_187
3DS FC
0877-0271-5435
I was playing against Megaman with DK, and I accidentally caught his spinning blade projectile with Neutral Air (the spinning knuckle move).

I then proceeded to throw it back at him.

So then I went into training mode to test this out and it definitely works.

Last edited:

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Yep, a lot of Megamans (Megamen?) just throw it straight into the ground so they can pick it up too.You can also pick up/catch Pac-Man's fruit and Bowser Jr.'s mecha koopas.

Jab187

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jab_187
3DS FC
0877-0271-5435
Cool.

A couple of questions about this:

1. How comes you cannot catch these with the throw button? Im sure in Melee you could catch thrown items this way.

2. Do all characters have ways of doing this, or is this unique to DK?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Cool.

A couple of questions about this:

1. How comes you cannot catch these with the throw button? Im sure in Melee you could catch thrown items this way.

2. Do all characters have ways of doing this, or is this unique to DK?

Answer for Question 2 is easier: So, in Brawl, within the first 5 frames of any inputted non projectile/item based attack, they have the capabilities to catch and throw the items and by transitive property, happens in Smash 4. IN melee, when Z, or grab was inputted 1 of 2 things can happen: since the Z button is a macro button, ie puts 2 inputs almost simultaneously (shield and attack or the A button), you can airdodge which catches the item or you can attack which doesn't catch in the air in Melee.

Last edited:

Lex Jewthor

Smash Apprentice
Mega man's metal blade is an item, much like Diddy's Banana or Peach's Turnips. Any character not holding an item can catch it.

Top Bottom