• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not only is March 9th dedicated to Brawl...

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
It's also the beginning of Daylight Saving's Time! Longer evenings everyone!

That's two good things for March 9th

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Since when was loseing a hour of sleep a good thing............................?
Since such a mere sacrifice would take you closer to the most epic game ever.

Does DST begin at 1 AM March 9? I don't wanna wake up at 10 and realize its 11, when Best Buy opens

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sucks though when you think of it, you'll spend more time outside 'cos it's brighter then play Brawl by night.

Well, that's what I usually do

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Brawl comes out at midnight on march 8th to 9th. Daylight savings time turns the clocks back i think...not forward. You will get an extra hour to play brawl, not minus one. Sry if im mistaken.

lifeinthefridge

Smash Rookie
Brawl comes out at midnight on march 8th to 9th. Daylight savings time turns the clocks back i think...not forward. You will get an extra hour to play brawl, not minus one. Sry if im mistaken.
Yes I thought we gained an hour?

180OP

Smash Journeyman
No the clock 'springs' forward whereas in fall it 'falls' back.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
DST really only exists so that kids don't stand at the bus stop in the dark...

And right now I really don't know what time it's going to be, but I'm being forced to go to mass before picking Brawl up.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Its also dedicated to folks who will want to spam the General Brawl Discussion with "OMG I GOT BRAWL1111" topics.

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
So, at 1 o'clock it's actually 2 o'clock. That means on Sunday you only get to play for 23 hours instead of 24. Feck.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
So, at the midnight release it's actually 1 o'clock. Weird. That means on Sunday I only get to play for 23 hours instead of 24. Feck.
Actually, technically, at the midnight release it's still midnight. You'll get it, run home and play for a bit and right at 1:59am it suddenly leaps to 3:00am and you go "****it I probably should sleep now".

D:

kr3wman

Smash Master
The third good thing is 'Pure Pwnage ep 16' goes public.

March 9 is like Christmas.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Oh man... We will miss out on a hour of Brawl!
Well technically you're losing 1 hour of sleep instead if you've been planning to get it at a specific time. Best Buy opens at 11 and I'm still going there when its the fake 11.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
Besides, if you do play during the change (it's 1:59AM -> 3:00AM, people!), you can get that hour back by playing November 2, 2008 from 1:00AM (the first one) to 1:00AM (1:59AM -> 1:00AM).

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
The third good thing is 'Pure Pwnage ep 16' goes public.

March 9 is like Christmas.
Awesome I love Pure Pwnage! Play Brawl for hours then when I get hungry, eat and watch episode 16 at the same time.

So yeah.
Fall Back, Spring Forward.

There goes an hour but whatever. :)

the656

Smash Journeyman
is it a hour ahead or a hour behind

because what time should i really buy my game at midnight :confused:

Top Bottom