• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not good with banana lock, help?

Underload

Lazy
I get what the banana lock is, the concept of it, but I'm absolute trash of getting the bananas set up, getting it off successfully, keeping it up as long as possible, and following it up afterward. Could the Diddy boards give me some tips on how to maximize my usage of this lock?

If my wording is wrong and you can't understand what I'm referring to, here's an example of a banana lock done by NinjaLink himself.

fZk

Smash Lord
One of the best setups for Diddy, not just for the lock but overall is having one banana in hand and one on the ground in front of you. This helps.

Other than that is just practice and quickness, you should know that the spike is not guarantee after the lock. Most opponents will be able to air dodge it. You might be better off throwing or fairing after the dash attack.

saberhof

Smash Master
Steps for Learning a good banana lock:

1) learn perfect glide tossing
2) check space moved from 1 glide toss
3) pull out another banana
4) space yourself so when you glide toss 1 banana, the second is ready to be grabbed and glide-tossed

thats one way...

the other is simple walking toss witch is easier, and you can control your bananas allot more theres lots of stuff you can do! its soo FANTASTIC!! =D

some variable of this could be like:
a)if a banana is behind you and past your glide toss animation turn around as soon as you throw the first banana and grab it and continue the next glide toss to do a good lock :O...

its all in your tossing :O soo...

practice =D

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
toss => Glide toss => toss => Glide toss => etc
this is the most popular form and also the one NL uses in the icon you posted.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
you can also do shorter ones by glide toss > glide toss > glide toss > smash
Yes, keep in mind you will have to turn around to pick up the banana each time if you glide toss each time.

A lot of the time I just want to hit with 3 or 4 bananas before i run and get my throw. Banana locks are pretty, but don't let them fall off the edge. Better to get 10 for the throw than a stale 4 for another banana.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Training mode. Or do friendlies where you consciously try to go for naner locks. The only way to really learn it is to do it. You can't read about how to do it and learn it.

But just to make sure you are doing it in--my opinion-- the best way, do glide toss -> normal toss -> glide toss -> repeat blah blah.

Top Bottom