• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not Evo2k8 Round II Memorial day tournament 5/26/2008

iankobe

Smash Lord
Due to the gay Venue fee that the host was charging last tournament, we're going to change our venue this time.

So let me present you:

Not Evo2k8 Round II Memorial Day Tournament

385 south Atlantic blvd
Apt #F
Monterey park, CA

11am: Setup/Registration
12pm: Doubles starts. Single starts when Doubles are almost done.

Entry:

$5 Singles Entry
$10 Doubles Entry
10% Venue will be taken out both Singles and Doubles pot. (This goes to the owner of the house. I get nothing whatsoever.)

Pot Distribution:

Singles (50/30/20)
Doubles (50/30/20)

Contact info: (626) 318-0412 Iankobe

Tournament Rules:
3 Stock
No Items
7 minute time limit

Neutral Stages:

Battle Field
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counter stages:

Brinstar
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Pokemon Stadium 1
Port Town Aero Drive
Rainbow Cruise

First match is random stages. The winner of the previous round will choose one stage to ban. Loser chooses one stage to ban. Loser will then announce stage. Winner will choose character. Loser will choose character. No stage played twice. (You can ban Neutral Stages)

Matches are best 2 out of 3. Losers finals, Winners Final, Grand Finals will be best 3 out of 5.

Warning: Please Carpool. The parking here is extremely gay and by all means, try to carpool as much as possible because it's going to be hard to find parking here.

WE NEED TVS AND WIIS. PLEASE BRING THEM OR SIGN UP SO THAT I CAN PUT YOU DOWN ON A LIST. (Wiis with Brawl in it.)

TVs: Festizzio

iankobe

Smash Lord
Man. Shut up Mike!

I'm not even taking any money out of this crap. I'm just doing this for fun.

Besides, the host took more than 10% last time...

p.s. As I said, I'll guarantee the seeding will be right this time.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol yeah, you're not, but the hosts are, which is pretty dumb, it's not like they got a **** load of money for a $5 venue fee, and sure they can argue it's for "electricity" rofl , but even then.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
When's memorial day? lol im so lost on these things.

I'll be there, but it depends on a couple of things:

if the host is gonna take money out of the pot (hosts made more money than 2nd place prize... hopefully you, or whoevers hosting, won't take any, or a very small amount plz).

number of ppl showing

time

iankobe

Smash Lord
I know it is gay...and well I can't do anything about it but try to lower it as LOW as possible...

I think it'd help if you come and convince that guy...You're mike HAZEEEE afterall.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
no point lol, i'm sure somebody will host a better tournament the same day, that's the best part of living in socal, if a host tries to rip you off, you can always go to another tournament.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
wait, the same ppl are hosting this one? if so, i might come only if i cant find any other nearby tournies. or if they only take like 5-10%

Killertofu: I think he meant that the venue fee will be taken out of the pot (hopefully). if theyre charging a venue fee AND taking money, im definitely out of this one

iankobe

Smash Lord
No no. Just money out of pot. No venue fee!

The host is so greedy. He wants 20% out of the pot. I told him its way over the line and he's lucky to have that much money from last Friday.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I told him that its either he gets no money or 10%.

I mean I WANT to have a tournament this close to my home. And I want to get more experience in hosting this thing.

I know I don't have to post this for him, but I just want to see how many people are interested.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
who was the host? was it that tshkn guy? well tell whoever he is that he'll be missing a lot of ppl from the last tourny if hes not happy with 10%

it's funny how they were running that tourny to show EVO's flaws when they have one themselves.

iankobe

Smash Lord
No. His name is John. Tshkn is actually nice. He understands and agrees everything that I say. Its just John, the host and the owner of the house.

He said he wants 20% this time. Which is freakin' ridiculous and out of his mind. Its sad because he's only doing this for money. Its like he has no love for Smash.

iankobe

Smash Lord
The thing is that I think if we have enough people to convince in front of him, he'll refrain to take THAT much money from the pot.

This kid is insane.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
was he that guy with the beret or whatever hat that was? anyways, just tell him that he'll be missing out on 3 of the ppl who were there last time. and I'm pretty sure psychomidget and connor were unhappy with the pot thing as well (because they won), so maybe they won't be going as well. RIGHTTT?

Edit: yea, well, if I knew for sure that a lot of ppl showing up and arguing that will make him not take 20%, I would go, but I don't wanna waste time by going there, finding out that he'll still take it, and waste time going back

Edit2: the sad thing is, mike, that there were a lot of "scrubs" (idk if I can use that term, I did pretty badly myself) there so they're probably still gonna go.

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
I would if it wasn't so complicated to rent the dam building in my townhouse that no one ever uses.

iankobe

Smash Lord
LOL.

I'm asian.

But I understand how a tournament SHOULD run and that people shouldn't host tournaments for their own profits.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I assume he did cause he's mentioning the people there.

I don't know what name he entered the tournament with though.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Forget John's house.

tskn and I worked something out and that we can host one at his house this Monday pretty much. We're going to confirm tomorrow and we'll let you guys know if we're gonna do it for sure.

This time we're gonna do doubles as well. 10% venue and that is all. Hopefully this will run better than last time.

Please tell me if anyone is interested in going to this. Or it'll just be an easy win between my crew people.

p.s. His house is in El monte.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I can't post the address yet because we're not confirmed yet.

But if we're confirmed (by tonight), its going to be in El monte, standard/regular rules, and 12 pm noon time.

Doubles also.

Top Bottom