• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not entirely sure if it's a bug in the AI, but...

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Enemy AI seems to be vicious when it comes to chasing the player. I've been playing a bunch of matches vs. the CPU lately and they just relentlessly chase me. Even if I do a 3 on 1 match, with myself on the 3 person team, the one enemy CPU seems to only be after me. Of course, this makes Free-For-All fights absolutely brutal in that I've got all 3 CPUs chasing after me. Just thought I'd throw this out there. if it's intentional then feel free to delete this.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It's been like this since the N64 days. CPUs will keep going after you relentlessly until you run out of stocks or the match ends.

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
It's been like this since the N64 days. CPUs will keep going after you relentlessly until you run out of stocks or the match ends.
Did not know that. Then again, I've rarely done fights with multiple CPUs, so having them all come after me was a bit weird to me.

Mr. Mistress

Smash Rookie
I guess the CPU finds more "opportunities" to attack human players than it does a CPU, probably because of a poor definition of what an opportunity is.
It must be terribly defined, because more often than not, the CPUs will flat out ignore each other even when they're very close together so they can all gang up on the player.

DvarakElt

Smash Apprentice
I think I remember that CPU opponents will always move towards the closest human opponent, and attack anything in their way. So they will attack each other but only if one of them is in the way of another. It's been like that since 64 days.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
From my experience, they go after the human player with the most points and/or most damage percent.

And yeah it's pretty dumb how they'll ignore each other in the midst of a FFA match, and even worse team up together to take down a human player.

LittleJimmy

Smash Rookie
What I've noticed is that the AI is purely going for me alone everytime I play against CPUs with my buddy. He stands on the side lines taunting and the AIs attack me even when I'm at 0%. Don't know if this happens to anyone else but this is just my experience.

Ninjamo

Smash Cadet
When I do 2v2 with a friend vs CPU, they usually seem to go after the one with the highest damage, completely ignoring the other player.

Top Bottom