• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not all Omegas are equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I know just from looking at some of the Final Destination modes there's differences that could make an impact. for example there are ones with walls goign all the way to the blast line that could help wall jump/cling characters. I keep hearing people say that the Animal Crossing one is unlevel but I think that's just the foreground. What toher factors could change the balance?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ever try using Greninja's Shadow Sneak on Omega Pictochat? That crud's broken. Opponents can't even see where the Shadow is.

nyttyn

Smash Cadet
All of the blast zones are equal. The only difference is if they have walls on them or not. Well, that, and lighting issues make Greninja's shadow rush more powerful than it normally is on some stages such as pictochat and pac maze, but that's just a character specific thing.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Well some stages characters benefit from if it's a stage with a endless bottom come characters can wall jump to help them recover.

Spirst

No, not all Omega stages are equal on a character-specific level. Some characters, as mentioned above such as Greninja, do benefit from certain stages (that is, walled omegas with no shadows). However, I believe the blastzones and such are uniform.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
On the Pac-man and the Balloon Fight Omegas, its very hard to see the Mii Brawler's Shot Put projectile as its a black ball flying infront of a black background.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ever try using Greninja's Shadow Sneak on Omega Pictochat? That crud's broken. Opponents can't even see where the Shadow is.
That's a double-edged sword, since the Greninja user wouldn't know where the shadow is either. As a result, the player could end up missing the attack.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Please discuss this in the stickied stage discussion thread.

As far as we know there are 3 archetypes of Omega stages: Pillar, floating, and column styles. The exceptions are Arena Ferox and Gaur Plains (I believe) which have very minor differences that no other Omega has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom