• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not a Complete Copy of Link

Vampire_Marth

Smash Cadet
Ive noticed that some moves that Toon Link has are different. For one he doesn't kick. And when u use his up smash he only swings his sword in the air once. And his boomerang doesn't bring your opponent closer to u on the fly back. So they sorta have different moves

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Oh, really? I don't think anyone had noticed, I kind of just figured they had the exact same properties, you know, just different character models.

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
I think there's a thread of this already.

Toon Link was too awesome for the boots of justice anyway...

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
LOL at the idea that they would have only different character models, nothing else.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Toon Link is faster and has better jumping abilities... plus he doesn't have the crappy Gale Boomerang. I'm just having trouble with his short range.

Zer0mystery

Smash Rookie
Toon Links Back air > Links.

Actually, TL > L overall.

And to the poster above - the Gale Boomerang is much better than T. Links boomerang. Link had to have something better I guess.

Black_Zawisza

Smash Rookie
Toon Link shares a lot of the traits of Young Link in Melee. For example, he has a shorter blade, but a stronger Spin Attack with better knockback. Also, as mentioned earlier, TL's boomerang does not have the ability to pull back an opponent. Other differences:

-He is faster than Link, and has better jumping ability.
-When using his FS, TL's individual strikes are weak compared to Link, but his final attack is significantly stronger.
-Faster Down-Aerial, and generally better aerial game.
-Slightly different smash attacks.

Really, why would anyone think TL and Link are the same? :|

Aptera

Smash Cadet
no one is a complete copy of the other capt. falcon and gan's smash b are different, etc,etc.

Top Bottom