• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North Carolina Project M Power Rankings - Updated 3/12/15

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1

Panel: JELLY, GATO, Sharkz

1. NEG | Stingers :peach: | A+ | 31 - 4 | 149 - 14 | Raleigh
2. Archer :link2::marth: | A | 35 - 8 | 124 - 31 | Thomasville
3. NEG | Tah. :marth: | A | 17 - 6 | 82 - 27 | Raleigh
4. RedPanda | Kai :sonic::diddy: | A | 24 - 6 | 105 - 38 | Burlington

5. Sharkz :pit::popo: | B+ | 17 - 10 | 64 - 40 | Raleigh
6. GATO :falcon::gw: | B+ | 24 - 16 | 109 - 54 | Raleigh

7. JELLY :metaknight: | B | 10 - 8 | 53 - 34 | Raleigh

8. SnT Tunechi :snake: | B | 13 - 4 | 22 - 8 | Graham
9. Ali :mario: | B- | 17 - 5 | 31 - 10 | Raleigh
10. Beemo :lucario: :bowser: | C | 14 - 8 | 24 - 10 | Charlotte

Shoutouts to:
My Bento Asain Diner
"I don't even play this game"
"Is this losers finals"
Steak n Shake
Playing PM matches on Melee setups

While we are still using Skillkeeper, we are keeping the files private for now. Although Skillkeeper is great to use as a base, the numbers seem skewed in certain situations. We felt it would make for a much more accurate PR if the panelists discussed each placing and why they deserve it. Because of this the Skillkeeper file does not perfectly represent what we believe to be the top 10 or 20. We will be more than happy to give out the file to any TO in need of seeding tournaments, though. So if you need it for reasons such as that, please send me a private message here on Smashboards.

Download Skillkeeper here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/skillkeeper-trueskill™-rankings-bookkeeper.376590/

Stats:
Big Wins:

PR Rules:
  • Each season lasts ~2 months unless lengthened by choice of panelists in the case of small tournament numbers
  • To make the list, you must attend 2 tournaments in a single season. If you are having a tough time with this, please contact a panelist and we will do our best to work with your situation.
  • If you are currently on the PR's, you only have to attend one tournament. There is monthly decay though.
  • Money matches must be $7+ if you want them to count for PR's. Please let a panelist know if you had a money match you would like to count. These can be held at fests or tournaments.

Previous PRs:

January 15th, 2015. Panelists: JELLY, GATO, Sharkz.
1. Stingers :peach: | A+ | 36-1 | Raleigh
2. Tah. :marth: | 7587 | 23-7 | Raleigh
3. Kai :sonic: :diddy: | 7174 | 26-11 | Burlington
4. Gato :falcon: :gw: | 6706 | 30-14 | Raleigh
5. ArchBishop :metaknight: | 6005 | 15-10 | Raleigh

6. Swann :ivysaur: | 5816 | 11-4 | Cary
7. Izzy :ike: | 5726 | 22-12 | Raleigh
8. Archer :link2: | 5661 | 12-8 | Greensboro
9. Karn :ness2: | 5525 | 11-6 | Raleigh
10. NEG | Dark Hart :fox: | 5328 | 8-4 | Raleigh

Honorable Mentions:
Karma, NEG | Mr. Ben Ready

One-hit wonders: (attended only one tournament)
Sushi, Plumber, SnT Tunechi

November 14th, 2014. Panelists: ArchBishop, Gato, Sharkz.
1. PPMD :marth::falco: | 1741 | S+ Tier
2. Stingers:zerosuitsamus::charizard::peach: | 1482 | S Tier
3. Kaeon :fox: | 1481 | S Tier
4. Kai:sonic::diddy:| 1479 | S Tier
5. iLove:fox:| 1455 | S Tier

6. ArchBishop:metaknight: | 1223 | A+ Tier
7. Gato:gw::falcon: | 1162 | A Tier
8. TAH:marth: | 1147 | B+ Tier
9. Smith:toonlink: | 1106 | B+ Tier
10. Xyeai :marth:| 1050 | B+ Tier

September 22nd, 2014. Panelists: iLove, Smith. Switched to Glicko system.
1. iLove :fox: | 1673 | S+ Tier | (Charlotte/Sylva, NC)
2. Kai :sonic::diddy:| 1663 | S+ Tier | (Burlington, NC)
3. Smith:toonlink:| 1554 | S Tier | (Greensboro, NC)
4. Tah. :marth:| 1542 | S Tier | (Raleigh, NC)
5. Archer :link2:| 1486 | S Tier | (Thomasville, NC)
6. Sky :fox:| 1390 | A+ Tier | (Greensboro, NC)
7. Gato :gw::falcon:| 1305 | A+ Tier | (Raleigh, NC)
8. Archbishop :metaknight:| 1163 | A Tier | (Raleigh, NC)
9. Xyeai :marth:| 1132 | B+ Tier | (Tarboro, NC)
10. Stingers :roypm:| 987 | B Tier | (Raleigh, NC)

May 9th, 2014. Panelists: iLove, Smith.
1. Dr. Peepee :marth:/ :falco: (Greensboro, NC)
2. Kaeon :fox: (Durham, NC)
3. Stingers:mewtwopm: (Raleigh, NC)
4. Smith:toonlink: (Greensboro, NC)
5. ESAM:samus2: (*SC)
6. iLove :fox: (Charlotte, NC)
7. Kai:sonic: (Burlington, NC)
8. Ron :wolf: (Greensboro, NC)

If you don't like it, go out and change it.

"you all suck git gud or no special number" -Jelly 2015

Last edited:

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
"We have switched programs from Glicko to Skillkeeper. We want to let the file be available for everyone for use of seeding future tournaments. This is a relatively new database, so if you disagree with some of the placings, please seed as your feel necessary. Some of the tournament dates may be off since it's impossible to change dates without screwing everything up. Fortunately they're each in the right order so it does not matter.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7pbc155x36ed6/NC_Project_M_TO_files

Download Skillkeeper here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/skillkeeper-trueskill™-rankings-bookkeeper.376590/"

So the first link is the file, and the second link is the application.
Note that there have been around 8-9 new tournaments (and a few older ones I didn't realize existed until later) that have been added to this list, so it's not completely current. (I think most of Glish's matches have been after the last update)

Foo

Smash Lord
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I DID IT :D C is a passing grade! :D

Welp, time to go out and make turn that 10 into a smaller number.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Sees his name on the "getting there" list.

I'M HYPERVENTILATING HELP ME

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Just started playing PM. Let's see if I can use Roy to get to PR. (;
Good luck dude! You should come by tournaments in your area. I know there's one in Matthews, NC called Crazy 8's. You should consider coming and getting some good experience in. There's also one in Concord, NC on Sunday called FPS.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...t-matthews-charlotte-nc.394289/#post-18729848

http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-29-2015-fps-4-play-it-again-melee-pm-pm-all-star-concord-nc.393200/

Last edited:

TheRealBurn

Smash Rookie
I was entirely Kidding O.O I play Roy in melee pretty well, so im still testing how much that will transfer to PM
If you just started playing I highly doubted you are going to get PR'd. Experience is more important then tech skill. When you go to your first PM tournement do not get dissapointed if you get rekted

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
I was entirely Kidding O.O I play Roy in melee pretty well, so im still testing how much that will transfer to PM
Don't listen to twisty anyways, he thinks he's the **** but he's not. Good luck getting PR'd, you'll be competing with me :p

Sadface

Smash Apprentice
Next time for the power rankings can you guys do like top 15 or 20 please like MD/VA does?
We do X number of spots based on how many players records intertwine with the upper echelon of players. The more players that can take sets off of the players with very positive records the more players we will open up more spots. Unfortunately for our scene, the perceived player skill has dipped a bit with players like stingers almost never losing. Most people outside of the current top 8 have incredibly poor losses and/or no wins against the top 8. This shows there is a clear gap between the top 8 and pretty much everyone else.

MD/VA has a lot of very talented players that probably all contend with each other to a decent degree.

TL;DR

When players git gud we will give them their special number.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
We do X number of spots based on how many players records intertwine with the upper echelon of players. The more players that can take sets off of the players with very positive records the more players we will open up more spots. Unfortunately for our scene, the perceived player skill has dipped a bit with players like stingers almost never losing. Most people outside of the current top 8 have incredibly poor losses and/or no wins against the top 8. This shows there is a clear gap between the top 8 and pretty much everyone else.

MD/VA has a lot of very talented players that probably all contend with each other to a decent degree.

TL;DR

When players git gud we will give them their special number.
fair point.. People need to need to step up their game including me lol

Top Bottom