• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Normalizing"

AlgonquinArto

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone... First off i would like to say that Project M is amazing. It has rekindled the fighting spirit in a lot of old players in my neighborhood (Astoria Queens NY).

Now I had some questions regarding changes to the original melee cast. Recently in Demo 2.6 Fox's down B had it's invincibility removed, this is fine I'm a fox main and it has not affected me....yet lol. I was wondering if other changes will be made such as getting rid or toning down damage of multi hits on peach down smash, or decreasing Marth ridiculous grab range? Also what are ike's flaws?

PMBR you guys have outdone yourselves I can't wait to see what the next dlc ;) has in store for us. #****ike #salt

Vashimus

Smash Master
Ike's biggest weakness is that he lacks a reliable way to escape from opposing pressure up close outside of jab and Counter, which aren't always reliable. Ike's entire game revolves around the using the opponent's intimidation against them with the threat of what he can do. They don't want to get hit by his powerful moves, so they try to play "safe". They back away and try to space him out, taking fewer risks, not realizing that's exactly where Ike wants you. Because he has a big ass sword, he has no problem with playing a spacing game. And of course, he punishes you hard for your hesitance. It's an interesting character design, and it's one a lot of grappler employ in other fighters, since people know they must respect the threat of command grab, but it leaves them open to the grappler's other moves. metroid's probably gonna come in and school me, but that's just my opinion.

Rikana

Smash Champion
This doesn't require a new thread imo. Changing things like peach's damage directly affect her shield stun properties and knockback. Changes to marth grab range alienates marth players. Ike's flaws is the fact that he focuses way too much on his friends. Other than that, he doesn't eat enough mushrooms.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Also, Marth and Peach have losing matchups, is wroth bringing up.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I really am not against changing the Melee top tier (as we've seen with Fox and Falco), but for top tiers outside of Shiek and the Spacies; I would much rather we make their overall use and potential more intuitive if needed, rather than nerfing them outright. :/

Top Bottom