• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

noob Zamus questions

acman54321

Smash Rookie
This is my first post on the boards so...

Oh and a few things I'm going to bring up are talking about in other threads but not fully answered. If there are any other threads I should look at please send me the link.
Anyways...

I guess my first question is: is there anything besides Dair that Zamus can use if she is floating in the air above someone? Say you get knocked in the air and you are floating down... I usually either Dair (which is so obvious it never hits) or try to float my way to one side and sneak in a Bair or Fair. None of these seem like a good strategy. Are there any other option Zamus has?

Second question: Is there ever a time Fsmash is better then B over? B over can be used out of a run, and in the air, it KOs easier, has multiple hitboxes... The only time I could ever see using Fsmash instead of B over is when you think they will sneak between the two hitboxes (I can't picture anyone standing in front of me thinking 'oh I'll just stay here because if he B overs I'll be between the hitboxes) thoughts?

Third: I don't think I'm using B and Up B to their fullest potential. I only use B and SHed charged Bs when me and the enemy are just standing there. Any general suggestions on how to effectively use B? And Up B, I never seem to hit with the spike part of it. Is it at the top/bottom of the rope, and beginning/end of the swing?

Lastly: Do most people play with the 'tap up = auto jump' thing enabled? I ended up disabling mine because I couldn't effectively use my up tilt. I still have trouble doing the run attack + up tilt combo, I usually up smash by accident. (I know this sounds nooby but bear with me) I usually just do running A + jab combo repeated across the screen. Any suggestions on how to improve my comboes that start with running A?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the length/noobyness of my questions.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Dair sparingly, so that it is not predictable. Or just not go near them. You don't have to be full offense all the time. Gimpyfish would never Dair or Down B as Bowser when getting juggled, he'd land somewhere away from his opponent. Maybe you could try to Down B if they jump towards you though. If you know Dair is gonna whiff, don't do it.

F Smash could be better after a Neutral B or maybe a Down Smash, if they're too close to you and they won't hit the second killing part of the whip. Maybe you'd want to use it on smaller characters like Lucas or Diddy, as they can get between the Forward B's hitboxes fairly easily. Other than that Forward B is pretty much the bomb. Or you could F Smash if you want to reset the stale move counter on your Forward B if you're spamming it.

B is used to stop an opponent's approach, either by stunning them or making them shield/dodge it, and for general spacing. Theres a certain spacing that you can do it without being punished, generally, and thats the time to use it. Don't use it as your only move, but let a few fly so they have to stay on their toes.

Up B spikes on the third hit when its fully extended. In the air, you want to tip it. On the ground, use it when they're above you, be it in the air or on a platform, or when they're in you (like a rest). Remember that it has **** priority though, and you might be better off Up Smashing.

Most people play with tap jump off. Just practice your tilts. I know I had trouble with them for a while too. Dash attack to Up Smash isn't always bad mind you, but you should be able to choose when you want to do what.

Here is a series of strings thats relatively easy to pull off as long as you MIX them up.

dashattack->uptilt->upair->upB->downair

dashattack->uptilt->upB->dtilt/Dsmash->upair

B->downthrow->upair->upB->downair

B->downthrow->delayed upsmash (you'll see why later)->upB/upair

All of these are ESCAPABLE after the second string (second string is guranteed due to IASA frames), but as long as you mix them up, you MIGHT be able to pull off the entire string.

If you try to follow up a dthrow with an upair everytime and see that the opponent is airdodging right after the throw (which A LOT of people do), do a dashcancel upsmash (slightly delayed) and launch them up again.

And yeah, airdodge is broken. And the only character that can combo in this game is Toon and his ****ing bairs.
Its not good to try and memorize Smash strings like you would a 2d fighter's combos though. DI plays a major part in these games. I would focus on a set of 2-3 moves that link and then improvise during gameplay. Some of these include: Dash attack -> jab, Dash attack ->Up Tilt, Dash attack -> Up Smash, Dash attack ->Down Tilt, Up Tilt -> grounded Up B, aerial Up B -> Dair...
though Dash attack -> Up Tilt -> Up B -> Down Smash (you might need to turn around) -> Forawrd B is pretty sexy.

Top Bottom