• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOOB is me

tinyhippo

Smash Rookie
So recently there's been a revival at my school for Smash 64. I'm in high school and we're just some kids reliving our childhoods or whatever. Sometimes things get intense. Emotions run high. hahah well anyway i've always played smash but i only recently realized the much deeper level of the game. i'm a decent roll grabber, and i just learned everything about z canceling and whatnot. Anything else i should know? Any pointers? I use kirby haha but i think he's great. i read something about shorthops, and i'm not quite sure how to do it. ohhh also, when i z cancel, i kinda repeatedly tap z before i hit the ground....should i only need to do it once?

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Right at the top of the page dude...the sticky on advanced tactics has pretty much everything known in it

tinyhippo

Smash Rookie
naw, what i mean by pointers is technical, like if you use the c buttons to jump or the control stick, and how you hold the controls, or anything that i wouldn't know.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Only one thing to say

Kirby is lame, because he is overpowered.

If you want to learn, pick Mario or another, ._.

And you ahve to learn shor hop: small jump

Top Bottom