• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noob disable questions

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Is there anyway that you can perform a combo with Mewtwo(leading to the air of course) and manage to pull off a disable on your opponent while they are still in the stun animation as a combo finisher so that they fly back(possibly leading to an FCSB KO).

Also, I recall playing a few matches in which I accidentally performed disable in the opposite direction in the air(ie, I jumped into the air and Mewtwo turned around and did Disable). Is there a specific way to do this or did I turn on the ground and then quickly jump and disable?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Turning around with Disable is, in my experience, impossible >.>

and the air disable thing is very difficult. in essence, disable is very slow.

quak

Smash Champion
it's really really hard, and never worth it, you can do this chain on spacies though around 20ish Uthrow, shffl uair, disable. (you'd be on the ground disabling, but your opponent would still be in the air.)

But again it's hard, im pretty sure DI-out-able, and it's really not worth it.

you can't turn around midair with disable.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Just got back from trying it against humans.

From what I can see. It works best at mid to high percentages after a Dtilt. If you can find a way to combo into a Dtilt, it may work. I dunno how useful this is at higher levels of play but It's kinda useful for me.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
not to be mean but disabling an oppent in the airsn't really a good idea. THey can just jump out of it with no problem.
While they are still in the stun animation? If you disable them while they're in the stun animation, it will send them flying back as if you disabled them on the ground twice. I like doing it and then throwing out a fully charged Shadowball from a shorthop. It may not be the most useful tactic at higher levels of play but it's something to add to your repertoire.

Top Bottom