• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nom #9

-Ran

Smash Master

Other Louisiana rules that didn't fit on the flier.
-Five minute DQ rule.
-Bring Your Own Controller
-Advanced Slob Picks
-Stage Striking for first pick
-Stage Bans: Each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: A player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Suicide Rule: For Ganon and Bowser, it will always count as a win. For everyone else, a definite win or loss means a win or loss. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-Team Color Rule: If a team has Lucario or Sonic on it, they get to be blue.
-Team ports will be 1221. Play R-P-S or flip a coin to decide if there is a disagreement.
-R-P-S for port priority.
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40
Codeset:
The following SD Card codes will be used in these events and there will be a Custom Character Select Screen in order to be sure that the codes are working properly. Click the link below to access these code.
-No Tripping
-Infinite Replay

Louisiana General Melee Ruleset
- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is applied - A player may not pick a stage that he/she has already won on.
- Ties are broken by stocks, then percentage.

Melee is going to start at 6pm so that Taylor and a few other Melee players can attend that otherwise can't. When I say the event starts at 6pm, the bracket is going to be completed and matches are going to be done by then. If you want to do friendlies, be there early.

Special Note: As a tournament organizer, I've been incredibly sloppy over the past events. I don't think I'll be entering events anymore, since I don't care to at the moment. My goal from now on is just to run the most efficient tournaments as possible. The Novice Bracket will start at 1pm for Brawl, and Brawl singles will start at 2pm. I do not want my events to last as long as they have in recent memory. It's inexcusable for me as a TO to allow my small events to take so long. If I ever want to run a larger event, I need to step up my horrible TO skills.

-Ran

Smash Master
You just need someone to step up and call matches while you're in a match.
Well, you'd think that people would be used to it at this point to just look at TIO and get their match going if there was an open TV.

-Ran

Smash Master
People will be there early to play friendlies. Some people enjoy making it an all day affair. ;d

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
sup, this is the guy that played link at the louisianime lol, i was wondering if anyone would be willing to let me ride with them to this tourney? btw, y'all are sickkk

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I might be able to make this. When do Brawl mid tier singles start?

-Ran

Smash Master
It'll run along side the Novice Bracket. So most likely around 1:30. Please everyone, don't forget to be on time for the tournament.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Although not many ppl showed up for Brawl I got alot more playtime in at this tourney than ever before which really enhanced my skills so thanks!

Top Bottom